• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The "New" Barrett MRAD Thread!!!!!!

We’re cutting barrels for these on our CNC for $550. That includes all machining labor on your customer supplied parts. All of the threading and chamber work at each end of the barrel plus flat spots on the extension and lock ring for a 1-3/8” wrench. Pictured is the first one I did on my manual lathe but now we have it in our CNC so the finishes are cleaner. From what I’ve seen the extensions are extremely consistent so I can cut a barrel blank as a prefit for you and ship directly without having your other parts here.

Contact us at [email protected]

C8B6A3EE-D2E7-485B-BA51-15619581E07E.jpeg5E20065B-4ACA-4F80-BFA5-B81BF4A67BBA.jpeg

Last edited:
We’re cutting barrels for these on our CNC for $550. That includes all machining labor at each end of the barrel plus flat spots on the extension and lock ring for an 1-3/8” wrench. Pictured is the first one I did on my manual lathe but now we have it in our CNC so the finishes are cleaner. from what I’ve seen the extensions are extremely consistent so I can cut these as prefits for you. View attachment 7696977View attachment 7696978
You got a reamer list? With those flats is that how you’re torquing it to 140ft lbs?? I think that’s the spec off the top of my head.

Reactions: MarcS
I have over 200 reamers right now and I don't have a listing of them. If you need it I probably have it. If not I'll order one and if it's a very unusual cartridge that I'll likely never use again I'll charge a 50% tooling fee. Can't remember the last time I actually had to do that though. Most of those guys supply their own reamers and I have a separate drawer of customer supplied reamers that are only used on their guns. Yes on the torque.

Also my turn around time is two weeks max right now.

Marc

We’re cutting barrels for these on our CNC for $550. That includes all machining labor on your customer supplied parts. All of the threading and chamber work at each end of the barrel plus flat spots on the extension and lock ring for a 1-3/8” wrench. Pictured is the first one I did on my manual lathe but now we have it in our CNC so the finishes are cleaner. From what I’ve seen the extensions are extremely consistent so I can cut a barrel blank as a prefit for you and ship directly without having your other parts here.

Contact us at [email protected]

View attachment 7696977View attachment 7696978
Awesome!

Reactions: MarcS
New MRAD at the 200 yard range today... I need a @pfl338 bag rider for it... without one it's awkward as shit shooting off a rear rest. This one is 6.5 Creed and with M-LOK rail.
I noticed Barrett is showing a bag rider on their website for the MRAD. I am going to call them on Monday to check them out.

Yeah, if taking MRAD afield then Barrett's will be lower profile and more compact.

Looks pretty nice, but for field use, I think I will try the Barrett one. Lower profile and less snaggy. Thanks.

Love shooting this 6.5CM MRAD. Got a 3 single barrel Jack Daniels MK22 bottles one for each caliber of the MK22.

Attachments

• 20210709_153224.jpg
    20210709_153224.jpg
    614.1 KB · Views: 226
  • 20210710_070820.jpg
    20210710_070820.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 207
  • 20201206_114807.jpg
    20201206_114807.jpg
    484.5 KB · Views: 203
  • 20201205_204448.jpg
    20201205_204448.jpg
    495 KB · Views: 226
Hey guys, my MRAD is in the mail, and I wanna get an ARCA Rail for it from Area 419. Mine is the newer one with the MLOK slots on it. But I can't find any good pics to be able to count how many slots are on the bottom rail. Does anyone know off hand how many are there, to make sure I order the right one? Thanks!

Hey guys, my MRAD is in the mail, and I wanna get an ARCA Rail for it from Area 419. Mine is the newer one with the MLOK slots on it. But I can't find any good pics to be able to count how many slots are on the bottom rail. Does anyone know off hand how many are there, to make sure I order the right one? Thanks!
There are 7.

Reactions: Demthios
Look at my post a few up, 7 on the side... same as the bottom.

Reactions: Demthios
Awesome thanks guys, I didn't want to assume there was 7. So thanks for the confirmation, ordered my rail should be here the day after the rifle shows up.

Reactions: BuLLet
Congrats! These are definitely hard to get.

Awesome thanks guys, I didn't want to assume there was 7. So thanks for the confirmation, ordered my rail should be here the day after the rifle shows up.

300 WM Steiner M7XI 4x28x56
Just finished putting it together and dialing the scope in first impressions love it next week i will how it shoots next week

Attachments

• IMG_3472.jpg
    IMG_3472.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_3473.jpg
    IMG_3473.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 235
Reactions: BuLLet
Does anyone know if there is a way, or a service to replace the barrel on the SMR version. Asking before I buy as if you can't get another barrel once it's worn.....kinda worthless.

Thanks

I have both and can measure for you ... but where do you want the measurement? Chamber, mid-bore, muzzle, other?
Midbore and muzzle brake please. Do they have a difference? I would imagine they’re both the same. Perhaps the diameter would change with an ELR barrel like the 338 NM.

300-PRC ... Mid-Bore 1.05, Muzzle .895
6.5-CM ... Mid-Bore .998, Muzzle .890

Although the mid-bore was eye-balled, so they might be the same, and the muzzle difference is small enough to be statically insignificant. Both are about 1" mid-bore, and about .89 and change at the muzzle.

Reactions: LHOG3187

Although the mid-bore was eye-balled, so they might be the same, and the muzzle difference is small enough to be statically insignificant. Both are about 1" mid-bore, and about .89 and change at the muzzle.
Oh ... and both are fluted barrels measured at the outside (largest) point.

Reactions: LHOG3187

Oh ... and both are fluted barrels measured at the outside (largest) point.
Thank you so much. Have you thought of putting a tuner on yours? Check these out.

Never really felt like I needed one. Also, I shoot everything suppressed, so not sure a tuner would work very well for me. Add to that the fact that I’m probably not good enough to know the difference, and I get to the point where I just don’t feel like I’d benefit from it.

Never really felt like I needed one. Also, I shoot everything suppressed, so not sure a tuner would work very well for me. Add to that the fact that I’m probably not good enough to know the difference, and I get to the point where I just don’t feel like I’d benefit from it.

those are supposed to work with suppressors as you keep your brake. I just purchased today and will post results. Not sure if anyone has used these on their MRAD barrels. I shot the 300 PRC couple of weeks ago and felt lousy at 1 mile.

those are supposed to work with suppressors as you keep your brake. I just purchased today and will post results. Not sure if anyone has used these on their MRAD barrels. I shot the 300 PRC couple of weeks ago and felt lousy at 1 mile.
Define "... felt lousy ...".

• Haha
Reactions: Compadre
Define "... felt lousy ...".
Shot 50 hand loaded cartridges (Lapua brass, Federal GM 215m, Hornady 235 gr A tips) that had a good node - half MOA with 2890 fps MV and SD of 10 zeroed at 100 yards. This was also a day where it was avg. 2 mph. Now there was a lot of mirage as it was hot so that could be it. Bottom line, I had 1 hit out of that 50. Also, I’m shooting at a silhouette sized target. I actually had 50% more or less hit with the 6.5 CM at that distance - same day.

1 out of 50 at a mile with a 300-PRC and ostensibly good dope ... I wouldn't be thrilled with that either. My MPA 300-WM typically hits about 50% of the time at a mile in predictable wind. Still seeking the perfect load for my MRAD 300-PRC before venturing to a mile with it ... but I'm getting close. I do struggle to believe that "barrel tuning" would solve that. It feels like something more fundamental might be wrong there.

Reactions: thegrayham
1 out of 50 at a mile with a 300-PRC and ostensibly good dope ... I wouldn't be thrilled with that either. My MPA 300-WM typically hits about 50% of the time at a mile in predictable wind. Still seeking the perfect load for my MRAD 300-PRC before venturing to a mile with it ... but I'm getting close. I do struggle to believe that "barrel tuning" would solve that. It feels like something more fundamental might be wrong there.
I also have a 300 PRC MPA that hits at 50% rate at a mile so I might have to go back with my load.

I also have a 300 PRC MPA that hits at 50% rate at a mile so I might have to go back with my load.
BTW ... I have caliber "overlap" in 6.5-CM with a Tikka T3x TAC A1, and 300-WM with my MPA ... with the same calibers in my MRAD, and the MRAD is inherently less accurate (slightly) than both of those other rifles. Don't get me wrong ... I LOVE my MRAD, but it shoots at distance to about 1 or slightly 1+) MOA when I can get the others to much tighter sub-MOA groups. Not sure why. Maybe it's "me".