• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The "New" Barrett MRAD Thread!!!!!!

BTW ... I have caliber "overlap" in 6.5-CM with a Tikka T3x TAC A1, and 300-WM with my MPA ... with the same calibers in my MRAD, and the MRAD is inherently less accurate (slightly) than both of those other rifles. Don't get me wrong ... I LOVE my MRAD, but it shoots at distance to about 1 or slightly 1+) MOA when I can get the others to much tighter sub-MOA groups. Not sure why. Maybe it's "me".
My custom Bartlein MRAD Barrel has achieved a single 5-shot 1/4 MOA group at 200 yards with factory Hornady Precision Hunter (likes it better than Hornady Match), which I haven't been able to do again but get 1/2 MOA regularly. Haven't been able to stretch it out to ELR distances yet but it is cool enough in Phoenix now if my wife would quit cramming our weekends full.

My custom Bartlein MRAD Barrel has achieved a single 5-shot 1/4 MOA group at 200 yards with factory Hornady Precision Hunter (likes it better than Hornady Match), which I haven't been able to do again but get 1/2 MOA regularly. Haven't been able to stretch it out to ELR distances yet but it is cool enough in Phoenix now if my wife would quit cramming our weekends full.
Just curious as to the cost and caliber of the Bartlein barrel that you have. Long wait times? Thanks.

Just curious as to the cost and caliber of the Bartlein barrel that you have. Long wait times? Thanks.
Bartlein 300PRC Heavy Varmint 31" 9 twist with Barrett Maker's kit and muzzle brake finished at 28"-MV over 2900 with Hornady Precision Hunter. Bugholes.com did all the work and did a beautiful job. Cost a little over $1,700.00. They did the same fluting as Barrett and an AO blast so I could Cerakote it. They have 8 barrels in stock! Pics on page 27 and 28 of this thread.

So guys ... I was "stunned" when I watched this video and saw this MRAD Gen-2 "Bolt Lever". Watch this, or just fast forward to about 12m45s into the video. I immediately went searching everywhere I could think of to buy this bolt carrier group with the take-down lever for my MRAD, and can't find anything about it, not even on the Barrett. Watch this, and tell me if this BCG exists in the real world ... because I MUST HAVE ONE !!!

So guys ... I was "stunned" when I watched this video and saw this MRAD Gen-2 "Bolt Lever". Watch this, or just fast forward to about 12m45s into the video. I immediately went searching everywhere I could think of to buy this bolt carrier group with the take-down lever for my MRAD, and can't find anything about it, not even on the Barrett. Watch this, and tell me if this BCG exists in the real world ... because I MUST HAVE ONE !!!

Call Barrett and ask about it maybe they’ll tell you different than what they told me. These only come in the MK22’s but I would also like to have one. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve busted my hands swapping out bolts.

Reactions: Oldsniper47
Bartlein 300PRC Heavy Varmint 31" 9 twist with Barrett Maker's kit and muzzle brake finished at 28"-MV over 2900 with Hornady Precision Hunter. Bugholes.com did all the work and did a beautiful job. Cost a little over $1,700.00. They did the same fluting as Barrett and an AO blast so I could Cerakote it. They have 8 barrels in stock! Pics on page 27 and 28 of this thread.
Thanks Swatdude. 31"...........That's a big one and I imagine it weights a bit. The pictures look great. Hinterland is saying 5-8 months for barrel conversions from barrett.

Thanks Swatdude. 31"...........That's a big one and I imagine it weights a bit. The pictures look great. Hinterland is saying 5-8 months for barrel conversions from barrett.
It is now been 15 months since I ordered an FDE MRAD 300PRC from Hinterland. Still nothing. I kept it coming after I bought my current one off Gunbroker in order to beat my self-imposed January 21st deadline (if you get my meaning.) Have a buddy interested in it if it ever gets here.

Reactions: rady
Had this thing for six months and just now got everything put together for it... Nomad L recently got approved for it as well! Mines chambered in 300WM, can't wait to stretch the legs on it soon. May get a different cal barrel as well, we shall see. I've got a Kestrel on order as well as more mags. May switch to the wider atlas, feels like it is sitting high right now.

I'm in the process of getting a reloading setup going, but for the time being I'm gonna have to shoot factory ammo. What load are you guys shooting out of yours?

Attachments

• 20211104_224757.jpg
    20211104_224757.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
It is now been 15 months since I ordered an FDE MRAD 300PRC from Hinterland. Still nothing. I kept it coming after I bought my current one off Gunbroker in order to beat my self-imposed January 21st deadline (if you get my meaning.) Have a buddy interested in it if it ever gets here.
I looked at the Bartlein website and one of the videos. Impressive.
I hope they have a 6.5C and/or 300WM for the MRAD, cause it's looking like a 10 to 12 month wait. Good luck on getting the 300PRC. A shame you are waiting so long..................I guess I should be grateful that I have mine.

Call Barrett and ask about it maybe they’ll tell you different than what they told me. These only come in the MK22’s but I would also like to have one. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve busted my hands swapping out bolts.
Exactly what I did (called Barrett). The guys in Customer Service said it would take several weeks because their MK22 allocations of parts to the federal government have their highest priority (I totally get that) ... but I said "OK - I can wait" and $255 later, part number 18818 (Gen-2 Lever Firing Pin Assembly) is in their order system and awaiting availability. Soon I'll be done banging my knuckles and breaking my fingernails to replace the bolt head in my MRAD. And the guys in the YouTube videos that make it look so easy and effortless can kiss my hairy ass :poop: as I swing the lever and replace my bolt head one-handed ... while sipping a Margarita with the other hand. 🍸

Exactly what I did (called Barrett). The guys in Customer Service said it would take several weeks because their MK22 allocations of parts to the federal government have their highest priority (I totally get that) ... but I said "OK - I can wait" and $255 later, part number 18818 (Gen-2 Lever Firing Pin Assembly) is in their order system and awaiting availability. Soon I'll be done banging my knuckles and breaking my fingernails to replace the bolt head in my MRAD. And the guys in the YouTube videos that make it look so easy and effortless can kiss my hairy ass :poop: as I swing the lever and replace my bolt head one-handed ... while sipping a Margarita with the other hand. 🍸
Sweet, I’m placing an order too! That’s great news for us with multi calibers.

Sweet, I’m placing an order too! That’s great news for us with multi calibers.
Your amount may be different than mine ... it's $235 for the part, and $20 for shipping ... but that's it for me because I live in a "No Sales Tax" state (Oregon).

Barrett website shows some in stock but my experience is it still takes 4-6 weeks to get the "stock" ones

Reactions: rady
Haters gonna hate.... Don't understand why anyone would pay $10K for a rifle that costs under $1K to manufacture.... Gotta admit, Ronnie Barrett sure knows how to market his business...to the feds and the general public.

I handled an MRAD at the Shot Show, then I 'bout dropped a deuce in my drawers when the Barrett rep told me the MSRP.

There's so many other rifles on my bucket list I rather decorate my gun safe with that cost less to boot. SSG-M1, Ballista, AXMC... at least prices I can buy them for.

Haters gonna hate.... Don't understand why anyone would pay $10K for a rifle that costs under $1K to manufacture.... Gotta admit, Ronnie Barrett sure knows how to market his business...to the feds and the general public.

I handled an MRAD at the Shot Show, then I 'bout dropped a deuce in my drawers when the Barrett rep told me the MSRP.

There's so many other rifles on my bucket list I rather decorate my gun safe with that cost less to boot. SSG-M1, Ballista, AXMC... at least prices I can buy them for.
Not sure why anyone would pay over $300,000 for a Ferrari... says the guy who will never be able to afford one. EDIT: For the record I couldn't afford the MRAD but I bought it anyway. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Mind if I ask why? I own and have owned rifles from both companies… but no experience with the MRAD or the AXSR.
No reason why other than cool factor. Always wanted some sort of AI ever since playing Counter Strike growing up, so I snagged an AIAX when Eurooptic was blowing them out at stupid prices. Always wanted a 338 Lapua & 300WM, so why not both- Ended up getting the Barrett. Love both of them and they're great rifles.

Reactions: Luka
Any of you know which mag type Barrett is using for the 300prc? I'm wondering what may work with a 6.5 prc? Would it work at all? I'm looking at custom options beyond factory. I've got too many 6.5cm's.

Any of you know which mag type Barrett is using for the 300prc? I'm wondering what may work with a 6.5 prc? Would it work at all? I'm looking at custom options beyond factory. I've got too many 6.5cm's.
D for 300 PRC, not sure if it works for 6.5 PRC

Thanks. I was curious as the coal is a bit shorter and may cause issue. If I can get me a dummy round and a magazine i could try feeding into the chamber and see if it works.

What's the scoop on the MRAD trigger? Is the factory trigger a nice trigger?

Normally I'm a 2 stage flat trigger fan but hoping the factory MRAD trigger can get me buy for a while.

I just got the latest version of the mrad last week after waiting 11 months. I think the trigger is quite good for a military grade rifle. I am measuring about 20 -24 oz at the lower end of the shoe. The break is nice and over travel is adjustable as well. The only thing that bothers me is the shoe curve is swept forward and not back which is not very comfortable if you like to ride the shoe bottom for lighter weight. I may get a flat shoe version later. Other than that it is way better than I expected. The trigger is available in 4 versions. 1 stage/2 stage flat or curved.

Reactions: m1ajunkie
I just got the latest version of the mrad last week after waiting 11 months. I think the trigger is quite good for a military grade rifle. I am measuring about 20 -24 oz at the lower end of the shoe. The break is nice and over travel is adjustable as well. The only thing that bothers me is the shoe curve is swept forward and not back which is not very comfortable if you like to ride the shoe bottom for lighter weight. I may get a flat shoe version later. Other than that it is way better than I expected. The trigger is available in 4 versions. 1 stage/2 stage flat or curved.

Good deal, thank you for the info. I've been debating picking up a flat 2 stage trigger as well but maybe I'll try the factory trigger when it comes in before deciding.

Your amount may be different than mine ... it's $235 for the part, and $20 for shipping ... but that's it for me because I live in a "No Sales Tax" state (Oregon).
This is a follow-up regarding the MRAD MK22 Bolt Firing Pin Assembly with Lever that several of us got excited about. FYI ... order confirmed from Barrett on Nov-8 with the expectation set for "several weeks" of lead time due to government contract priority. Just got notified of shipping, and FedEx is showing delivery on Nov-26 (this Friday). Less than 3 weeks ... not too shabby. VERY excited to get my hands on this gadget. Futzing with the bolt head swap is the only thing that slowed me down when changing barrels on my MRAD ... glad to have that as a thing of the past. When the new firing pin assembly arrives, I'll come back here to review it and share some photos.

You are going to like it. My new mrad came with the lever and it makes disassembly a breeze. I can see why the military chose this rifle as it is the easiest to disassemble and service of any I've seen. I'm glad I waited so long to get this latest version. I just hope it shoots. I need to start loading and break it in.

It's a "secret" ... (shhhh) ... call Barrett and order Part #18818.
Just ordered mine. My journey to the dark side is now complete. Other than M-lok, which I am fine without, this was the one MK-22 feature I really wanted. Same price as listed above.

Arrived today via FedEx from Barrett about an hour ago. Took a little head-scratching to figure it out ... but "I get it" now and it is a thing of beauty. SO much easier to replace the bolt head. When installed ... leave it cocked ... just pull down the level until it clicks and stays open, then rotate the assembly (easily) and remove the whole firing pin. To reassemble, just plug it back in, rotate the other way, and close the lever. Easy-Peazy-Lemon-Squeezy !!! Definitely a game-changer when it comes to swapping calibers at the range or in the field.

1638228073271.png

I know someone said D, but that is not correct. The B magazine is the correct magazine. I got one with the 300 PRC MRAD I got last week. It's the same as the 300WM magazine.

Check the bottom of the page:

Received my firing pin assembly. Installs like the other one. When you get ready to pull it out, make sure the assembly is rotated fully to the left, not in the notch. Pull the lever out from the top and push it all the way down until it "locks". The head is held in place without the spring pull on it. Easily rotate the firing pin assembly out. Not going to lie, since I have 338 NM, 338 LM and 300 PRC barrels this makes way less hassle to quickly change them out.

mk22 bolt2.jpg
MK22 bolt.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: LHOG3187
My lever-based (MK22) firing pin assembly is "life changing" ... allows me to take all four of my MRAD barrels to the range and shooting whichever one I feel like, and swapping to the next barrel in literally 5 minutes. This gadget is AWESOME !!!

Reactions: Swatdude1
Well... joined the MRAD club today. Brand new .338 LM in titanium grey. Two projects that were supposed to be done in 2021 are... still months away. So decided an MRAD in the hand is worth two in the process. @TheGerman tipped the scales for me to take the plunge.

Will mount my SN-9 to it for an optic... the Hubble of optics. And I've been holding on to a nice carbon fiber bipod from LRA that will go on it nicely. Got reloads ready for fireforming. And some boxes of solids ready for the fireformed brass to have some match rounds ready for spring.

About to start reading this thread from Page One... lots of good stuff here! Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Sirhr

PS... USO SN-9 for you young-uns...

hubble.jpg

Congrats man. I've had mine for about 4 weeks and it is performing way beyond my expectations. But seriously, Quigley ford is the bestest scope you can get. Or a counter sniper Gov't contract overrun. I plan to replace my super duper huskemaw with one asap

Congrats !!! SMR or multi-caliber? Did yours come with the firing pin assembly lever? I hope so!
Multi cal. Not sure about the lever… have to finish up a book for a review tonite and have nit even looked at the instructions. But I assume it does as it is right factory fresh from EuroOptic.

More on the weekend as I get into it!

Sirhr

Congrats man. I've had mine for about 4 weeks and it is performing way beyond my expectations. But seriously, Quigley ford is the bestest scope you can get. Or a counter sniper Gov't contract overrun. I plan to replace my super duper huskemaw with one asap
I was going to go with a Quigley… but don’t want to seem… you know… pretentious.

And they were out of Sooper Snipers at the contract overrun store at the Galleria.

So I’ll just have to slum it with a beat up old USO.

Sirhr

• Haha
Reactions: ScarlettRed
Multi cal. Not sure about the lever… have to finish up a book for a review tonite and have nit even looked at the instructions. But I assume it does as it is right factory fresh from EuroOptic.

More on the weekend as I get into it!

Sirhr
Start saving up ... the fun is in the multiple barrels. I have 6.5 Creedmoor, 300 Win Mag, 300 PRC, and 338 Lapua. It's like "crack" once you get going.

Reactions: Swatdude1
Well... joined the MRAD club today. Brand new .338 LM in titanium grey. Two projects that were supposed to be done in 2021 are... still months away. So decided an MRAD in the hand is worth two in the process. @TheGerman tipped the scales for me to take the plunge.

Will mount my SN-9 to it for an optic... the Hubble of optics. And I've been holding on to a nice carbon fiber bipod from LRA that will go on it nicely. Got reloads ready for fireforming. And some boxes of solids ready for the fireformed brass to have some match rounds ready for spring.

About to start reading this thread from Page One... lots of good stuff here! Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Sirhr

PS... USO SN-9 for you young-uns...

View attachment 7761372
Well my new found friend... I too am a proud owner of a MRAD. Went 17" .308 just because and have the 300 Norma barrel enroute foe this Friday since my 2021 project is also delayed several months. Same project I assume we were working on? @TheGerman Was also Mt tipping point.
I almost went Grey. 338 Lapua but have all .338 Norma goodies for my DT. So I figured shorty for fun and 300 Norma since my Project was going to be a 300 Norma. Talk about putting the cart before the horse.

Congrats and it feels good to be apart of a cool MRAD club

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
purty grip.jpg

Company in Germany makes this for an AR frame... fits the MRAD. It's spendy. Probably delicate and probably wildly impractical. But I love Palm-rest grips and have on a couple of other rifles. And they are amazing with a bag. I think this is going to be my Christmas Present to myself... Meh... $300 is like an afternoon on the range. What the heck. Wood on a black rifle always looks classy!

That full-length/partial tripod rail posted above also looks like a worthy accessory.

Cheers,

Sirhr

I'm sorry ... but I think you took a wrong turn somewhere in another forum. Can I help you find your way out of the Barret MRAD discussion?

Just trying to help you discover nirvana faster bud 🤣.

Ps. Make sure you get powder in those 338 loads chief.... don't let the misses distract you a squib 338 would be no joke for your face

1605634938906.png