• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes The new Burris XTR2 rocks for 3 gun. .....

TacticalPlinker

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2012
Just ran practice stages from previous matches and this new XTR2 is the cats ass. I originally ran a TR24 Triangle, but had noticeably slow shots on clay birds at 200y. Just couldn't get fast and precise with it. Ths horseshoe / dot is exactly what works for me.

Last edited:
Just ran practice stages from previous matches and this new XTR2 is the cats ass. I originally ran a TR24 Triangle, but had noticeably slow shots on clay birds at 200y. Just couldn't get fast and precise with it. The horseshoe / dot is exactly what works for me.

I've been saying the same thing.

Took second in my match today. Lost out on first when my trigger pin crept out on stage 3. She doubled and was dead. Got killed on penalties. I need to get the anti-walk pins in her.

But the scope is the bomb. It's clear, daylight bright red dot, perfect reticle for 3 gun. One of the best scope purchases I ever made.

Burris has their shit wired tight with these new scopes...

I agree. I'm really liking my 1-5. Can't wait to get a 4-20.

That is cool to here!

We have a more coming our way, I may have to test one out. I have been really thinking about the 1.5-8x XTRII.

Mike @ CSTACTICAL

I ordered a 1.5-8x direct from burris for my dmr match rifle. I hope I like it as much as you guys like your 1-5x. Burris has been saying for a while now that the 1.5-8x are in final testing before shipping. I just hope they are being picky and there isn't a problem.

This just may be the 3 gun value of the year. Reticle is more than bright enough for cloudless days. The zero stop works. The mil reticle is awesome. And it feels like quality . The turrets are firm enough not to spin unintentionally when dumping the thing in the barrel. Picked one up for waaay less money than the next best choices. My short list was the Leupold VX6, Bushnell Elite and the obvious Vortex HD. And I don't feel like I'm lacking in the glass dept for what it was intended for.

Thumbs up.

TP.....

Inkedlan a guy on another website had his 1.5-8 that he bought from Burris. Please post a review when you get yours.

Will do. Got a shipping notice for this friday.

Nice! You're going to love it.

I've run the Vortex Viper PST, the HD Razor, and the Leupold MK 8 CQBSS on my 3 gun rifle. I honestly think this is the best one.

The Razor had the JM reticle, which had (at the time) no windage subtension, 30mm tube, and 6x on a SFP. But brilliant glass, and an outstanding scope.

The MK 8 was feature heavy, went to 8x, is FFP, locking turrets, 34mm tube, etc. But the reticle I had was way to busy for what I do. And of course, it's more than 3 times the price.

The 1.5x8 hits the sweet spot with it's Dual Focal Plane, daylight bright reticle, 8x on a 34mm tube. Just a great bunch of features. All for a $1000.

I just ordered a bunch of 5x25's on Saturday. I'll keep a couple, maybe deal one or two off for good prices here on the Hide. But I love the scope.

Last edited:
Yea, this Dual Focal Plane need to be examined. I thought about having something like that a few years back, glad it came to surface. What do y'all think about it? I am really excited about it.

yeah, we got the 1-5 in the other day..

glass is damned nice..
flat image for close range, no distortion whatsoever

wpid-wp-1411771652891.jpeg

As OP I'm making the executive decision to expand this thread to include the 1.5-8 and the 2-10. That being said, does the 2-10 have the same bright-as-balls illumination system as the lower power versions? I currently run the FF PST 2.5-10x32 on my open class rig and daylight brightness is on my wishlist.

TP...

Last edited:
FYI - spoke to Burris support yesterday. Battery life on the 1-5 is approximately 1000 hours. He couldn't give me an answer on what setting. So let's just say on the 2nd from lowest daytime setting. Thinking on say number 7 you may get 600 hours ballpark according to the rep.

Still above average if true. I defeated the auto off feature. It's nice to have an option.

TP....

The 2-10x has NO illum at all. BIG disappointment.

I hope to see Burris offer a 2-10x with illum and hope to see a 1.5-8x with mil lines. I'm not interested in the BDC.

Well I got my 1.5-8x today and got to shoot it briefly. Found something that annoys me.... I noticed that the 100yd dot gets slightly bigger and moves slightly to the left when the illumination is turned on. Other than that seems like a solid scope. Considering sending it into burris for replacement or repair...

Yeh you should definitely send it in. Mine doesn't look like that and is completely centered when illuminated.

I took out the scope again today, and I noticed the issue. It wasn't like that on the intial outing, but I noticed it this outing :( I'm going to contact Burris Customer Service to see what they say. Also I had mounted the scope to new rings (same rifle), and I noticed it was like off to the right by 11 inches, is it normal for different rings to be off by THAT much? The elevation was minor differences, but I had to crank in like 3mil of adjustment to get it back on zero.

Update: I just checked the scope right now, turned on the illumination and it was pretty aligned. I wonder if it shifted after having the illumination on for an hour.

Edit: Changed 30 mil to 3 mil. (30 clicks).

Last edited:
Both of mine are centered when illuminated.

Not that it really matters to me. I only turn on the illumination for close targets/low power. For any targets where I use magnification, I don't turn illumination on.

The more I pay with Burris XTR II 1-5x the more would like to have one. This issue is all my rifle have glass so I guess that means I need to build another rifle.

Mike @ CSTACTICAL

The more I pay with Burris XTR II 1-5x the more would like to have one. This issue is all my rifle have glass so I guess that means I need to build another rifle.

Mike @ CSTACTICAL

Not a terrible problem to have...

Talk about good customer service.... I wasn't sure if I was even going to send mine back and they sent me a message on here saying our bad we'll take care of it! Can't beat that!

How bright is the illumination? - Here's level 5 then level 11 (max) indoors......

Easily beats my Aimpoint T1 so much so that it blooms to the point that the lens on my 4s Galaxy can't see the reticle. But in reality it's there . It's almost EOTECH bright .

TP...

Attachments

• 20140930_185510.jpg
    20140930_185510.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • 20140930_185526.jpg
    20140930_185526.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Talk about good customer service.... I wasn't sure if I was even going to send mine back and they sent me a message on here saying our bad we'll take care of it! Can't beat that!

That's fantastic!!

If they start delivering that kind of customer service they are going to start grabbing a bigger piece of the market share.

I still think they are putting out some great scopes in the XTR II's. Some of the bugs notwithstanding. Bellying up to the bar and taking care of any issues that occur is just going to make them that much better.

Had my heart set on a horseshoe VCOG. Not anymore - can't imagine it bringing $1000 more performance to the table for 3 gun purposes. If I need a combat ready variable I'll just get a Nightforce NXS compact 1-4 in addition to my XTR2.

TP...

What mounts are you guys using with the 1-5? I'm heavily considering trying this as my first low power variable but am thinking BOBRO over their P.E.P.R. mount.

What mounts are you guys using with the 1-5? I'm heavily considering trying this as my first low power variable but am thinking BOBRO over their P.E.P.R. mount.

I'm using the Bobro extended mount with my Burris 1-5. Bobro is my "go to" for qd mounts. Self adjusting, holds zero, & returns to zero when remounted.

Since this thread has been expanded to include the 1.5-8 - how fast is it at 1.5? Does the .5x magnification really hurt trying to keep both eyes open for stuff like 3-gun?

Birddog I just watched another of your youtube videos from a October match were you using the Burris in that match. And the plate rack with the spinner on each end looked wicked.