• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The new CTD catalog shows how much they suck!!!

jcfd2201

Playing with fire!
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2010
NE Arizona
I came home today to the new CTD catalog sitting on the coffee table. While I had decided already that they would never see another dollar from me I opened it up to see how bad they were screwing people this week. Well the catalog doesn't having pricing for more than half the items in it. No ammo prices, no magazine prices, no AR prices, no AR parts or accessory prices. I can understand the current market prices fluctuating but why even bother putting the stuff in your catalog if you don't have it or aren't going to put a price on it.

I thought the same thing. What a waste of paper. No prices on anything and all of it most likely on back order. It got pitched within 20 seconds.

I tossed mine in the trash too which is where the last one went and any others they send despite me asking them to take me off their list.

CTD sucks. It's cheaper for them to pull prices then re-stucture the whole rag content and page agreement with the the bulk printers.
Heck it is probably better then places I do more business with like Natchez for example. They just re-run print "specials" and pricing on long out of stock items.

I don't understand who they are selling to these days. Can you really make money on selling to the lowest common denominator? Wait, don't answer that...

I don't understand who they are selling to these days. Can you really make money on selling to the lowest common denominator? Wait, don't answer that...

There are always going to be a ton of people who will sell out their values to save/make a buck and there are a lot of people even here Hide who jumped on the CTD boycott bandwagon but still spend their money with other anti-gun companies. So if there are people here who do it, just think about the average fair-weather pro-gun person, who vastly out number us....

Though I wish them (and all other anti-gun companies) a quick and painful death I suspect CTD will be around for a long time.

We have a CTD in McKinney, TX. I bank at the Wells Fargo right near it. Well I went to the ATM the other day and CTD's parking lot was full. I decided to go in and check it out. People were over paying for ammo and they couldn't keep it on the shelve. I will say they have a ton of ARs. I saw a Bushmaster for $1999.99 for a standard AR set up, nothing special. I am sure they are selling those too.

We may have been doing this for a long time, but there are others who haven't. They don't know what an AR sold for 1 year ago and they want one before they won't be able to get one. So, they are able to raise their prices and pay for advertising on the Glenn Beck radio show. I am not going to pay those prices for ammo or an AR from them. Hell, I will make my own ammo, if I fine the components, and I will make my own ARs. However, those new to the game don't know any better and are more than willing to spend $1 on a round of 5.56 or $2000 for a cheap AR.

self-build! A buddy of mine can get 80% AR lowers at a killer price. That's what I'm doing. I bought a bunch of components just because I know I'm organizationally challenged so I got lucky there but from now on, I'm just going to go down the path of self-builds and grab pieces of kit when and where I can. Fuck retail!

self-build! A buddy of mine can get 80% AR lowers at a killer price. That's what I'm doing. I bought a bunch of components just because I know I'm organizationally challenged so I got lucky there but from now on, I'm just going to go down the path of self-builds and grab pieces of kit when and where I can. Fuck retail!

I bought lowers before the craziness and they were only $59. They were SA lowers made by Aero Precisions. I might do a 80% in the future just to try it. However, if prices go back down I don't see it as a cost effective as you have to purchase all of the jigs and maybe a drill press.

I got mine a few days ago and noticed the same thing. Why bother sending me a catalog full of stuff you don't have? Just save the printing costs and send me a letter saying "come see our web site for stuff we may or may not have" so I can toss that too. I've been a customer for a long time, I haven't forgotten you exist. Perhaps learn to data mine a bit better?