• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The new SAC sizing die

I've used Redding shell holders and the A419 shell holder kit with variable shims on a Zero press. I set up both the same way - I bring the ram all the way up with the shell holder in place and then screw the sizing die down until it contacts the shell holder. I then lower the ram and screw the die down another smidge and then lock it in place with a locking ring. Maybe I was just lucky, but when I was using the Redding sizing die and shell holder this setup would give just about the right shoulder bump with very minor adjustments in how far to screw the die down.

Now that I'm using the SAC sizing die with the A419 shell holder kit I do the initial setup the exact same way except now I just change the shim in the A419 shell holder to get the correct shoulder bump. I'm not using the SAC die shims at all. Easy peasy. If I wanted to really fine tune it I'd probably use the SAC die shim, but I haven't needed to.

Almost forgot to mention: The top cap on the SAC die needs to be tightened firmly with a wrench to hold everything in its proper place.

Last edited:
Luckily, I just followed the videos and I can size as little or as much as I like without issue.

Impressive die! No more doughnuts. The design of this thing and their regular bushings is a step in the right direction. Won’t be my last.

I just ordered a mandrel to use after playing with my sinclair to figure out what I wanted for a size. Any word if SAC plans on making a carbide expander mandrel with a decapping pin? Doing everything in one stroke would be nice. That said, I’m excited to see if the expanded allows me to eliminate running my brass up a sinclair expander. The way their bushings are make it seems like it would make sense that it will produce some good ammo.

84B944FD-B996-42FA-95B6-2D502BE8AF5B.jpeg

For those wondering the above was done with a +.010 Redding shell holder and some cam over.

Last edited:
I love mine. I am using the mandrel and it's super consistent, the most consistent die I've ever had.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Any word if SAC plans on making a carbide expander mandrel with a decapping pin? Doing everything in one stroke would be nice.
Yes. Email them. I sent mine in, previous gen, and they set it up for me. Amazingly consistent.

Yes. Email them. I sent mine in, previous gen, and they set it up for me. Amazingly consistent.
This is the way. I emailed them after I couldn’t find it on their website. Bought it Tuesday, should be in hand by tomorrow.

Has anybody taken measurements on their new carbide expander mandrels? was excited to get mine and I have 4 of the older gen nitrided mandrels, all of which measure right down to the .0005" as ordered however I've ordered 2 of the newer carbide in .2210" and .3060" and both come up short at .2205" and 0.3055" respectively when measured.

Before ordering the mandrels I had spoken with Mark about which mandrels would be best and the guidance was to bump up .0005" to account for springback but these are undersized if anything. Additionally as I had thought would happen with these new mandrels when sizing brass that was annealed on an AMP the pin gauges (all minus gauges) I used to test neck tension is having the neck inner diameter come up .0005" short of what I ordered/is laser engraved on the mandrels

Is anyone else experiencing something similar? I could think of one of them being under spec but having both of them is suspicious as the 4 nitride mandrels again are right on the money.

Last edited:
I have two new mandrels from them - .2540, and .2545 (yes! .25 cal is now a first class citizen!)

Both measure dead nuts with a mitu mic.

Thanks for taking a look at yours, having a convo with Alan now about it hopefully can figure something out!

Reactions: davere
I’m glad sac made mandrels every .0005.

The one I just got is balls on.

Next I’ll have to call and ask about the decapper. By the time I saw the above It was already on the way.

Last edited:
Yes, like in Lapua bolt face (.300NM, .338LM, .338NM, etc). I bought one die to see if I could get more consistent results than Redding S dies. Yup, wow, I really like this neck shoulder bushing thing. Bought another die. This thing is great. Crap, now I need a bigger Lapua scale die.

Reactions: iceng