• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The NEW Seekins SP10 6.5 CM Range Report

Saf3sh00t3r

Gen. Ho Lee Faak
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 10, 2017
    San Antonio, TX
    Hello All,

Recently I received the Seekins SP 10 in 6.5cm. The rig comes with a soft case and a cool seekins patch. I added some items to make it workable which are extra and don't come with the rifle.

IMG_3848_zpsphy9x2og.jpg

At first glance the rifle looks really nice with good matched components. The first thing I did is clean it up here are the pictures of the internals. Everyone already knows the basics, such as it comes with a CMC trigger, Magpul PRS Stock and Magpul MOE+ Grip, etc.

The first thing I noticed is that the action is pretty smooth, not as smooth as I expected, but really good none the less. Below are the internal components. The one thing to note is the firing pin, it is a .068" diameter firing pin, with a spring. It reminds me of a Armalite firing pin or a Larue OBR firing pin. I assume that the BCG will only use that style of firing pin and changing the bolt from the carrier will require you to change the entire group.

IMG_3815_zpsqedjkzko.jpg

The trigger is a CMC, I added some grease to ensure it was well lubricated, had some of the stuff Geissele sends with their triggers. The first thing I noticed was the trigger was not IMHO as smooth as I would like, it seemed "crunchy" both on the first pull and the reset. Yet, I will say it was okay...I changed it to a Geissele SSA-E (more on that later). The trigger was Meh.

IMG_3814_zpsohzwu69u.jpg

Now to the nitty gritty...

I took the local rifle range at 100 yards in my area. I wanted to see who it performed without an externals although at 100 yards it doesn't matter much. I always shoot prone and the range allows shooters to do that.

IMG_3827_zpsblcevutk.jpg
    Shooting it was pretty good, nice and smooth suppressed and unsuppressed. Once I shot it unsuppressed, immediately changed to suppressed. Adjusting the gas block was pretty easy, I confirmed a stove pipe when adding the suppressor. So make sure you adjust your gas block if you will be shooting suppressed. I use a SilCo Harvester Big Bore Direct thread.

Here is my group at 100 yards with Factory Hornady ELD-X 143 gr, I didnt have access to ELD-Match...it was about .050, the flyer was my first shot, but I do think I pulled that one. its a 5 shot group. I am sure a competent shooter can do better. I was using at the time the CMC trigger, the outdoor session I used a Geissele SSA-E as I have on all my other rifles.

My average muzzle speed with ELD-X:

Shots: 5
    Max : 2680
    Min : 2652
    ES : 28
    Avg : 2665
    SD : 11

IMG_3829_zpsbzmzyhuk.jpg

The outdoor session was a couple of days later and used handholds with 140 amax with 42.3gr of H4350. Once Zeroed, getting from 500 to 1000 was pretty good in terms of hitting steel sized at about 1.5 MOA. Surprisingly the speeds were similar.

My speeds with Amax were as follows:

Shots: 5
    Max : 2683
    Min : 2654
    ES : 29
    Avg : 2670
    SD : 11

Ringing all the way to 1000 yards was pretty nice and not hard to do as long as you had a good wind call, it was gusting between 6 to 15 miles per hour, our shade canopy blew off about 100 feet. The 1100 was more of a challenge...I hit it twice over 5 shots. I left before frustration set in.

IMG_3845_zpsrlv5f1k7.jpg

Last thoughts and issues found:

The items I found of concern were really minor and maybe preference. I assume for most it should not be a big deal, but for me they should not be there for a $2500 rifle. The trigger leaves a lot to be desired and the carrier is riding on the lower pretty hard, it does leave shavings of aluminum...this type of damage Ive only seen on a cheap rifle, but I may be wrong on possible "tilt" here. I noticed it has really sharp edges on the underside of the carrier and it is gouging the lower enough to not like what I am seeing.

IMG_3837_zpsnuvammdw.jpg

I like the rifle, its a lot of value for the money, it is really accurate too. I have owned LRWC REPR, SIG DMR...still own an AI in CM and .308 as well as an LMT. All come with a myriad of issues. That said, the seekins is a good gun so far. Let me know if you have questions.

Re: The NEW Seekins SP10 6.5 CM Range Report
    04/10/2016

Try it without the catcher, I'll bet it's tossing them quite a ways.

You're getting some swipes, it's probably unlocking early in addition to the excess gas. If you already tuned the block, all you can do is add mass to the reciprocating components to try and slow the cyclic rate and lengthen the dwell time.

A heavyweight buffer will help, I'd suggest one from heavybuffers.com and get the ultra heavy rifle length buffer. You can also try a Tubb flatware spring and carrier weight system.

That will help with the swipes and dump the brass a few feet out at 5 o'clock

Rate now:
    saf3sh00t3r
    saf3sh00t3r.jpg

XFirst Sergeant
    Rating: 3.4/5 this site
    1127 posts this site
    04/10/2016

LawnMM wrote:

Try it without the catcher, I'll bet it's tossing them quite a ways.

You're getting some swipes, it's probably unlocking early in addition to the excess gas. If you already tuned the block, all you can do is add mass to the reciprocating components to try and slow the cyclic rate and lengthen the dwell time.

A heavyweight buffer will help, I'd suggest one from heavybuffers.com and get the ultra heavy rifle length buffer. You can also try a Tubb flatware spring and carrier weight system.

That will help with the swipes and dump the brass a few feet out at 5 o'clock​
    It didn't seem to me like those marks were much of anything. Pretty light stamps, which I thought seemed normal. I have one of Clint's buffers and rifle length spring that only have about 200 rounds of use.

Will shoot it without the buffer first and see how far and what direction they eject. Then shoot it with it and see how it goes.

I also sent Glen Seekins a message as well, would like to get his thoughts as well.

Thanks for your help LawnMM.

Cheers!

Rate now:
    LawnMM
    LawnMM.jpg

XFirst Sergeant
    3164 posts this site
    04/11/2016

Don't get me wrong, it's very common in 6.5 Creedmoor AR10s you see people post about it all the time. Doesn't mean it's not a great rifle.

But...you shouldn't be hucking brass 20 ft at 2 o'clock and the swipes on the case head tends to mean the gun is unlocking early. JP just announced extended length gas system barrels to delay the unlocking process. I think you'll see that become more common as time goes on.

Rate now:
    saf3sh00t3r
    saf3sh00t3r.jpg

XFirst Sergeant
    1127 posts this site
    04/11/2016

No worries I appreciate the feedback and time.

---------------------------------------------
    --- LawnMM wrote:

Don't get me wrong, it's very common in 6.5 Creedmoor AR10s you see people post about it all the time. Doesn't mean it's not a great rifle.

But...you shouldn't be hucking brass 20 ft at 2 o'clock and the swipes on the case head tends to mean the gun is unlocking early. JP just announced extended length gas system barrels to delay the unlocking process. I think you'll see that become more common as time goes on.

---------------------------------------------

Rate now:
    HardcoreVeritasXSergeant
    Rating: 2.2/5 this site
    140 posts this site
    04/11/2016
    (2 votes)

LawnMM wrote:

It's probably overgassed, especially suppressed, hence the gouging of the receiver right in front of the extension, I doubt it's tilting.

How far is it throwing the brass, do you have any photos of the case heads and primers?​
    What are you talking about "right in front of the extension"? That is at the rear of the carrier......about as far from the extension as you can get in the receiver. The BCG is obviously tilting or there is something out of spec on the BCG that cutting into the lower.

The carrier should not be making contact at that point with the lower no matter how much gas it's getting.

Rate now:
    saf3sh00t3r
    saf3sh00t3r.jpg

XFirst Sergeant
    1127 posts this site
    04/11/2016 Last edited 04/11/2016 by saf3sh00t3r

HardcoreVeritas wrote:
    LawnMM wrote:

It's probably overgassed, especially suppressed, hence the gouging of the receiver right in front of the extension, I doubt it's tilting.

How far is it throwing the brass, do you have any photos of the case heads and primers?​
    What are you talking about "right in front of the extension"? That is at the rear of the carrier......about as far from the extension as you can get in the receiver. The BCG is obviously tilting or there is something out of spec on the BCG that cutting into the lower.

The carrier should not be making contact at that point with the lower no matter how much gas it's getting.​
    Yup, that is what I thought... I also spoke to someone at Seekins via IM. They just came back from the Texas LE where they shot a rifle with 1000 rounds. That rifle doesn't seem to have this damage.

if you look at that picture, it seems like, its hitting pretty hard and skipping onto the buffer tube.

Anyway, what do I know.

Waiting for Glen to get back to me, I sent a PM.

Rate now:

bigjake83XFirst Sergeant
    Rating: 2.9/5 this site
    1606 posts this site
    04/11/2016

Send it back brother. Sounds like something is out of spec.. shit happens.

Rate now:
    LawnMM
    LawnMM.jpg

XFirst Sergeant
    3164 posts this site
    04/11/2016

HardcoreVeritas wrote:
    LawnMM wrote:

The carrier should not be making contact at that point with the lower no matter how much gas it's getting.​
    Hey Francis, that thing that screws into the back of the receiver that the buffer goes in...it's often called a receiver "extension" in addition to "buffer tube."

Carrier tilt happens often in piston guns because the carrier is actually being contacted up high on the carrier where the gas key goes on a DI gun, imparting some rotational force and thus carrier tilt. This isn't a piston gun, it's direct impingement. So I think it more likely somethings out of spec and not "obviously tilting."

Rate now:
    glenseekinsXFirst Sergeant
    Rating: 3.5/5 this site
    1371 posts this site
    04/11/2016
    (1 vote)

I sent ya a pm but I'll post it here as well.
    Also, the upper and lower are oxide blasted abd hard anodize. It will smoothen out inside after couple hundred rounds. No diferent than our other receivers.

Here's the pm reply regarding carrier and lower

That's pretty common on our lowers to have a slight rub, not quite as deep as yours but it usually barely wears the coating off on the 308's. We cut ours differently because it's one of the weakest points on the lower so we wanted a radius there instead of a sharp edge. We try to leave as much material there as possible, but oveously need to take a little bit more. Not all rub like yours shows. I can take just a bit more material out and re-coat that area if you like.

Rate now:
    saf3sh00t3r
    saf3sh00t3r.jpg

XFirst Sergeant
    1127 posts this site
    04/12/2016

glenseekins wrote:

I sent ya a pm but I'll post it here as well.
    Also, the upper and lower are oxide blasted abd hard anodize. It will smoothen out inside after couple hundred rounds. No diferent than our other receivers.

Here's the pm reply regarding carrier and lower

That's pretty common on our lowers to have a slight rub, not quite as deep as yours but it usually barely wears the coating off on the 308's. We cut ours differently because it's one of the weakest points on the lower so we wanted a radius there instead of a sharp edge. We try to leave as much material there as possible, but oveously need to take a little bit more. Not all rub like yours shows. I can take just a bit more material out and re-coat that area if you like.

Thanks Glen,

Just FYI, I've gotten some PMs from folks that this is happening to them too another 6.5 and a Gap G2.

In addition, will PM you to get details together for my rifle, I'd like to get this addressed. The rifle was a gift for my wife and the last thing I want is little pieces of aluminum floating around the internals of the rifle.

Thanks again, please look out for the PM.

Rate now:
    1371 posts this site
    04/12/2016

You bet, I'm traveling until Monday but will get back with you then. It won't continue to rub more once it's happened so nothing will be floating around.

Rate now:
    Gryph8nXFirst Sergeant
    Rating: 3.1/5 this site
    2653 posts this site
    04/13/2016

Since this is a new platform and there probably aren't a lot of people using it yet, and others that are looking for reviews before purchasing...I'll comment.

I have been very happy with my SP10 in regards to quality, functionality and accuracy.

It has truly ambi controls for bolt release, catch, safety and mag release. The flat wide bottom of foregrip rail is very stable to shoot off a barricade. The adjustable gas block is easy to use and not strip the nut, which I've had problems with some other systems. KeyMod rather than a proprietary rail is nice. Cycling and extraction has been 100% reliable after adjusting gas block, with relative preserved brass but I am not shooting with a suppressor. The muzzle brake works very well, and is better than the majority of others that I've tried.

Accuracy has been 3/4moa out to 900 yards for me with 130gr Prime ammo.

I have JP, older gen GAP-10, POF, LWRC and Mega platforms and personally like Seekins a lot due to ergonomics, reliability and weight. Other platforms are great, and I'm not saying one is better than the other, I'm just saying Seekins holds it own especially considering it's price and reliability.

Only things that I changed to decrease weight and for my ergonomic preferences are to change to an AXTS Raptor charging handle and a Luth-AR skullaton stock which made the system near perfect for me.
    Rate now:
    mark5pt56
    mark5pt56.jpg

XFirst Sergeant
    Rating: 3.0/5 this site
    2408 posts this site
    04/14/2016 Last edited 04/14/2016 by mark5pt56

I have an Aero M5 and while it's just a carbine model and runs 100%, I did have the slight(not as bad) BCG striking the rear portion of the receiver. I noticed obviously that the BCG would bottom out while the spring was in full compression. Noting a thread on AR15, I used the quarter trick in the receiver extension to prevent this. I now have a Sprinco Orange spring in it and in absence of the quarters, it doesn't strike the receiver now. The Sprinco Orange has 2-3 more coils than the stock Aero one, why Aero or whoever doesn't account for this is unknown to me.

I should note, I have the stock short .308 buffer and AR carbine extension. You may want to look at Sprinco's offering for the rifle length.

Mark

Rate now:
    saf3sh00t3r
    saf3sh00t3r.jpg

XFirst Sergeant
    1127 posts this site
    04/14/2016 Last edited 04/14/2016 by saf3sh00t3r

The point here is that this is a brand new rifle. It should not do this to this degree, some yes, but not like this.

As Glen Seekins mentioned it's the extra material left on the lower from a design perspective because it's the weakest part of any lower, he also eluded that it may need to be reduced more in that spot so this doesn't happen moving forward.

The reason ultimately is design, which is the reason the BCG is striking. It should be manageable at manufacturing.

Based on his comment this one will have to be addressed either by me just dealing with it or me sending it to Seekins to shave a bit and re-coat.

There has been comments on this thread about over gassing causing this, it turns out it's not the case.

Lastly, this should not take away from it being a great platform. It's tweaks manufacturers have to do as things get in the field or in consumer hands.
    Rate now:
    lennyo3034XFirst Sergeant
    Rating: 3.3/5 this site
    1657 posts this site
    04/14/2016

I really regret not jumping on one of these at the DSG price.

Rate now:
    saf3sh00t3r
    saf3sh00t3r.jpg

XFirst Sergeant
    1127 posts this site
    04/14/2016

lennyo3034 wrote:

I really regret not jumping on one of these at the DSG price.​
    Deals are coming up on gunbroker at MAP pricing. PM me and will get you in touch with the dealer who helped me.

Rate now:

CORESHOOTING
    CORESHOOTING.jpg

XSergeant
    Rating: 3.3/5 this site
    151 posts this site
    04/15/2016

PM inbound lennyo3034

Rate now:
    LawnMM
    LawnMM.jpg

XFirst Sergeant
    3164 posts this site
    04/15/2016

I'd still add a heavy buffer, the swipes are indicative of early unlocking, it'll run better if you lengthen the dwell time and slow the cyclic rate.

Rate now:
    saf3sh00t3r
    saf3sh00t3r.jpg

XFirst Sergeant
    1127 posts this site
    04/23/2016 Last edited 04/23/2016 by saf3sh00t3r

LawnMM wrote:

I'd still add a heavy buffer, the swipes are indicative of early unlocking, it'll run better if you lengthen the dwell time and slow the cyclic rate.​
    Okay, so...Since I had a heavy buffer in my spare parts. I decided to give it a shot, pun intended, and install them.

I happen to first try 100 yd groups and then distance @ 500 as well as 600 yards. Both with the heavy buffer and then with the seekins provided buffer. Interesting results. I shoot suppressed only.

The groups went to complete shit, here is one of 3 groups, after replacing these components. I also could not hit anything consistently at distance. See this next picture for 100 yd.

IMG_3894_zps5pnp9euk.jpg

Once I put it all back with the Seekins factory buffer and spring. The groups came back to this below at 100 yards and I was able to get to 1000 yards easily:

IMG_3893_zpsxamhlpdt.jpg

Needless to say, for me the Heavy Buffer made the gun inaccurate. If anyone can try it and let me know that would be great, but my groups opened up something ugly.

NOTE: The groups are starting to get tighter as more rounds make it through the barrel. Have been using 42.3 H4350 with Amax 140gr. I have a bunch of Amax bullets left, so I will not switch to ELD for a while.

Lastly, I will be taking the gun apart tomorrow to see if the damage on the lower continues. Glen Seekins has offered to address the issue, but Ive decided to see, as thought/suggested, after some use it will go away or the issue continues. Will post on this tomorrow.

Rate now:
    1371 posts this site
    04/25/2016
    (1 vote)

The buffer and spring the rifle comes with has been tested quite a bit. The spring isn't what you would normally find and we are controlling the dwell time more with the spring than the buffer (holds it at bolt closed longer). Heavy buffer works well if your over gassed but you can control that by adjusting the gas block. use the adjustable gas block and tune so it just locks back, you'll be set! You'll need to pick if you want suppressed or not and tune for one or the other. Trying to tune it to work well with both doesn't usually work out.

Rate now:
    HoytFlingerXSergeant
    Rating: 3.0/5 this site
    267 posts this site
    04/25/2016
    (1 vote)

I think heavy buffers are overrated. A properly gassed rifle and stock buffer and spring is all anyone needs IMO.

Rate now:
    saf3sh00t3r
    saf3sh00t3r.jpg

XFirst Sergeant
    1127 posts this site
    04/25/2016

HoytFlinger wrote:

I think heavy buffers are overrated. A properly gassed rifle and stock buffer and spring is all anyone needs IMO.​
    Yeah...Unless you own an LMT LM8MWS, like I do...those dot have a AGB, so the heavy buffer helps a great deal when shooting suppressed. Heavy buffers have a place and application based on certain conditions.

Rate now:
    saf3sh00t3r
    saf3sh00t3r.jpg

XFirst Sergeant
    1127 posts this site
    04/25/2016

glenseekins wrote:

The buffer and spring the rifle comes with has been tested quite a bit. The spring isn't what you would normally find and we are controlling the dwell time more with the spring than the buffer (holds it at bolt closed longer). Heavy buffer works well if your over gassed but you can control that by adjusting the gas block. use the adjustable gas block and tune so it just locks back, you'll be set! You'll need to pick if you want suppressed or not and tune for one or the other. Trying to tune it to work well with both doesn't usually work out.​
    Yes, I noticed it is longer than most I had labeled "rifle."

I have tuned the SP10 to my suppressed use, only shoot this gun suppressed. Ive had absolutely no reliability issues at all.

I only did this as a test, figured might as well try it. Sure as hell, the gun didn't work right with the heavy buffer. If it "isn't broke don't fix it."

As you can see on the good group, the gun is getting tighter as more rounds make it down that barrel.

Glen, how many rounds do you think it will take for that gun to break in fully?

Thanks in advance.

Rate now:
    1371 posts this site
    04/26/2016 Last edited 04/26/2016 by glenseekins

Nice!!
    If you used a shorter buffer than what's in there chances are your bcg was hitting the buffer tube pretty hard. That would surly cause accuracy issues.

Usually about 150-200 rds you'll see it tighten up even more. by then it will be butter smoothe too. You'll probly be able to adjust a bit more gas out of it too.

Rate now:
    saf3sh00t3r
    saf3sh00t3r.jpg

XFirst Sergeant
    1127 posts this site
    04/26/2016
    (2 votes)

Actually the buffer was long, the spring was shorter than the provided with the SP10. I'm reaching the 200 mark on the rifle now. My guess within a week or so I will be at 250.
    Rate now:
    bigjake83XFirst Sergeant
    1606 posts this site
    04/26/2016

Thanks for the Range saf3sh00ter, keep use up to date, and nice shooting...

Rate now:

First Sergeant
    1337 posts this site
    04/26/2016

Stop using Amax and ELD's and try 140 or 142 smk's with about 41.2 to 41.8 grns h4350

Rate now:
    saf3sh00t3r
    saf3sh00t3r.jpg

XFirst Sergeant
    1127 posts this site
    04/27/2016

Elfster4321 wrote:

Stop using Amax and ELD's and try 140 or 142 smk's with about 41.2 to 41.8 grns h4350

Not sure I get the context for this. Can you elaborate as to why I should change?

Rate now:
    Elfster4321
    Elfster4321.gif

XFirst Sergeant
    1337 posts this site
    04/27/2016 Last edited 04/27/2016 by Elfster4321

I've yet to do load development for my mega 6.5 AR custom, but with zero load development and using my rpr 6.5 pet load of 142smk with 41.6 grns h4350 my mega 6.5 AR is producing consistent .75 to .3 groups and that's with no load development. I just sized 50 new pcs of Hornady brass to start load development for my mega AR..... All I can tell ya is I drove myself crazy doing load development with my 6.5 rpr with amax and ELD's (shit, ELD's was worse than amax).... I won't say switching to 142smk's cut my group sizes in half but damn near...
    saf3sh00t3r wrote:
    Elfster4321 wrote:

Stop using Amax and ELD's and try 140 or 142 smk's with about 41.2 to 41.8 grns h4350​
    Not sure I get the context for this. Can you elaborate as to why I should change?​
    Rate now:
    saf3sh00t3r
    saf3sh00t3r.jpg

XFirst Sergeant
    1127 posts this site
    04/27/2016

Elfster4321 wrote:

I've yet to do load development for my mega 6.5 AR custom, but with zero load development and using my rpr 6.5 pet load of 142smk with 41.6 grns h4350 my mega 6.5 AR is producing consistent .75 to .3 groups and that's with no load development. I just sized 50 new pcs of Hornady brass to start load development for my mega AR..... All I can tell ya is I drove myself crazy doing load development with my 6.5 rpr with amax and ELD's (shit, ELD's was worse than amax).... I won't say switching to 142smk's cut my group sizes in half but damn near...
    saf3sh00t3r wrote:

Not sure I get the context for this. Can you elaborate as to why I should change?​
    Ah, ok. I always post my largest group. I'm getting .44 or better with Amaxs. My load development is also working on two of my rifles. An AXMC and this one, so will stick with this for now.

I'd rather go out and shoot consistently. In my case my Amax loads get me to 1100 with little to no effort.

Thanks for the heads up.

Rate now:
    Xtremegunnr
    Xtremegunnr.jpg

XFirst Sergeant
    Rating: 3.2/5 this site
    2065 posts this site
    04/29/2016

The 142, like most of Sierra bullets, are very forgiving when it comes to load development. I have also see that switching to this bullet can reduce the amount of attempts needed to find an accurate load.

That being said, I am shooting 140 ELD-M's in a recent ar10 build of mine on top of 41 grains of RL17 (2700FPS with 20") and seeing groups consistently below .5 moa.

I would not discredit Hornady because of one bad experience with them.

Rate now:
    saf3sh00t3r
    saf3sh00t3r.jpg

XFirst Sergeant
    1127 posts this site
    05/07/2016 Last edited 05/07/2016 by saf3sh00t3r

Hey guys, another update. Ive been shooting this gun now for a while. Glenn Seekins offered to address the rubbing on the lower receiver, though I wanted to see what was going to happen if I just left alone and keep shooting. The gun has at least another 300 rounds through it exactly, will say that Glen Seekins was right on a couple of items.

1) The rubbing isn't an issue on the lower, it has stopped altogether, the bcg actually stopped rubbing after about 150 rounds. Here is the latest at 300. I opine, that I would rather have this rub happen than less material in that spot, so yes its not pretty but NOT an issue as you can see from the group below.

IMG_3921_zpszo2b0fmy.jpg

2) The other thing is accuracy, the gun is shooting quite well, speeds with my handholds are about 2783fps on average. The groups at 100 are less than 1/2 moa consistently. Below is a 3 shot group from yesterday, the orange sticky target is a 2" size.

IMG_3938_zpslr0ol2rd.jpg

Getting to 1100 yards isn't a problem, this is a great gun if you're thinking about buying this gun, its a shooter IMHO. I bought this gun for my wife, but it turns out we are now expecting a baby. So shooting will be off for a while for her. May keep it or sell it, I know if sold I will probably regret it. At this point, I think the gun will continue to perform better and better for me or anyone else.

Glens commitment to make it good with his customer no matter how minor the issue is HUGE, he has a customer for life. Giving us options for accuracy is also a huge benefit of his rifles.

Rate now:
    craigosXGunny Sergeant
    Rating: 3.2/5 this site
    991 posts this site
    05/07/2016

I would send pics to Glen @ Seekins and ask his opinion. If its not expected he will take care of you - he always does.

Rate now:
    saf3sh00t3r
    saf3sh00t3r.jpg

XFirst Sergeant
    1127 posts this site
    05/07/2016 Last edited 05/07/2016 by saf3sh00t3r

craigos wrote:

I would send pics to Glen @ Seekins and ask his opinion. If its not expected he will take care of you - he always does.

I think you want to read the whole post. He already responded and has bent over backwards to address it.

He also mentioned in the past via this thread it would not continue to happen past what I show here, which is TRUE, it stopped doing it.

This "rubbing" also doesn't affect function or accuracy at all.

Rate now:

Great thread, thanks. I’m narrowing my choices for a big AR and you mentioned weight concerns favor the Seekins from among a few other top name brands.
    If you can, please let me know the barrel length and actual weight of your SP10.

Great thread, thanks. I’m narrowing my choices for a big AR and you mentioned weight concerns favor the Seekins from among a few other top name brands.
    If you can, please let me know the barrel length and actual weight of your SP10.

I’ll check and let you know, but I can tell you the rifle is well balanced.

Incredibly accurate and Seekins has a no questions asked lifetime warranty.

Had no issues with it at all, esta and feeds anything you throw at it.

Great report. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Seems like for the money, this is a good value.

I would highly recommend a Seekins 6.5 SP-10. My rifle is like a lazer. My rifle with a Bushnell LRHSi in an ADM Mount is about 12lb. I weighed it but I can’t remember the exact weight. I’ll tell you it’s about 3-4 lbs lighter than my bolt rifle. My rifle also seems to like the 130gr Norma’s. I did a post of my rifle when I bought it a couple months ago. Get a coupon and get a Seekins. Don’t look back.

Please let me know if you can, how I can get a coupon. I was offered a small LE discount by Mile High but it wasn't big enough for me to pull the trigger (so to speak). I was really interested in the M 308 version but that may be over the top. The KAC PC, Jp LRP, and Wilson are still in the running. I know, different possible uses across that selection so now it's price and intended use I need to commit to. Thanks for your feedback.

I have had a similar experience with my .308 SP10. Great shooting rifle. My main "complaint" was the CMC trigger. I also replaced it with an SSA-E. Seekins is making a great product at a reasonable price I think.

I went in the Accessories Exchange and asked for a coupon. I got a message from someone that had one. I’ve done it twice.

Make sure you ask for the expiration date.