• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The new years res podcast

Boon20

Smart like shovel
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
Frank 3 things
1 You are bang on with the level on your gun. If you need to learn what level looks like go for it. I learn't without it then i got one to see if i was shooting level or not and used it once found out i was level and never touched it since.

2 I was having troubles constantly with Applied Ballistics with being just a little bit off on most ranges past 300. Once i heard how you trued AB i did what you said and i havn't had a problem since. It works plain and simple.

3 I realize im not the normal youtube watcher i do prefer the 15 - 30 min video. I understand why you dont like doing them. All i ask is if the video allows for it why not have them a little longer? This could just be me being selfish.

Reactions: Mike4837
Sooo ... Frank promises to not hassle people about levels, not hassle PRS guys, and, er, I forgot the last one - maybe not hassle Harris users?

And then gives us some great life advice based on the Fundamentals of Marksmanship.

My only problem is ... more often than I'd like to admit, when I think Frank is being serious, it turns out he's trolling; and sometimes when I think he's trolling, it turns out he's serious.

Well ... even if he's actually trolling about his New Years' Resolutions, the Dad Advice section is like a '7 Habits of Highly Effective People - Precision Marskmanship Edition' and is entirely operable ... nice! (y)

Reactions: Boon20
I have a request for your old camera gear, i have the perfect candidate and would like to link you up with Chase, an 11yo who would be the perfect fit. let me know a good time to call

Frank talking about his New Years Resolutions made me think of this quote from Col. Cooper

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1575040202202.jpg
    FB_IMG_1575040202202.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: Boon20
I personally enjoyed the rant on "Benchrest PRS"… It'll be entertaining to see where Frank runs with this one. I'm gonna start hoarding popcorn so I can enjoy the show...

Reactions: RS14 and Mike4837
That was like listening to a man descending into madness.

Once I knew it’s was going to be more of the same old level and comp shooter BS I stopped.

Maybe you are alienating your biggest audience.

And for the record, I don’t run a level on my optic, and I don’t have a 23 pound gun. And I rarely shoot comps.

As long as PRS/NRL play by the same rules, then people will work to optimize their chances of getting stable hits.

Last edited:
Frank,
I am in complete agreement with all of your points in this podcast, except you not giving people a hard time. WTF man, I know your just doing it in fun (for the most part ;)) but if certain people can’t take a little good natured rousing dont make that your problem.

Good stuff about the drift data.

Keep up the good work and congratulations on the 1 million users on the site, I was here back in the first year of its creation (but was off the internet for a year or so after and forgot my login so I had to start a new one) The Hide has really grown up nice man.

Reactions: RS14 and Mike4837
oh the video front, if you look at the stats, viewership drops like a rock after 5 minutes, which is why I edit everything down. The other thing I hate ramblers, guys who make 30 minute Videos on a single topic usually don’t it very well. They talk in circles because they trying to find something to say because they don’t know what to say. You end up with everything mentioned over the years, any relatable story is good enough.

shorter is better, I try to make my point using the current thinking or the original thought behind a subject, and this way I avoid the crap in the middle that is usually wrong.

Just replying to your comment on ideas for podcast. How about getting Zermmat Arms on. I’d like to hear about some of their views. Also I hear of some new stuff coming from them.
Thanks for the podcast, useful content, helps the day go easier.

oh the video front, if you look at the stats, viewership drops like a rock after 5 minutes, which is why I edit everything down. The other thing I hate ramblers, guys who make 30 minute Videos on a single topic ....
I like the way you can distill a ton of information into a short video. There are those that think every video has to be an epic documentary (Cough! Nuttinfansee Cough!), and there are those that provide short videos with no content. Yours are like a sampler platter; they provide a taste of what is available without giving away the whole thing.