• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes The next big thing???

beretta_man11

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2010
MS
Granted, I haven't been on the forums like I used to be in a long time, but I'm seeing a big shift in optics over the past year. I'm not currently in the market for a new scope but I do enjoy researching and whatnot around new glass. That being said, the biggest changes I'm interested in are the $1,400 - $1,800 FFP optics. Some of the no-namers that recently hit that market are obviously Athlon, Sightmark, Primary Arms, even EO-Tech, Weaver have all hit this market. Did I miss any? I'm currently using a 5-20 razor and have a DMR 2i on order, both of which are also in this same dollar category. The common theme seems to be higher magnification, FFP, mil/mil reticles (most with a x-mas tree), zero-stops, and Japanese manufacture.

I guess part of my question is, who is the next player going to be to crack this market, and can they bring anything different to the table? I would expect SWFA, Sightron, Tract, and a few others to get in this game.. What do you think?

Sig tango 6 in the 3-18 is in that rough area too...would be interesting if SWFA introduced an updated reticle to their 5-20 HD as well like the mr4 or skmr3