• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s THE "NOM NOM NOM" THREAD

Crappie fillets for supper tonight.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i752.photobucket.com\/albums\/xx164\/rthur\/DSC02906.jpg"}[/IMG2]

R

You bastard ! I haven't had crappie forever. What do you usually have with them. Like lime or tartar or ketchup yada yada. Side dish of? Looks awesome brorher. And I mean perfect as in golden perfect. Cornmeal?

You bastard ! I haven't had crappie forever. What do you usually have with them. Like lime or tartar or ketchup yada yada. Side dish of? Looks awesome brorher. And I mean perfect as in golden perfect. Cornmeal?

Cornmeal only for crappie in our house, salt, pepper, garlic salt to taste
Coleslaw and fries for the sides.
Not a bad cashin for a little lathe work.

R

Cornmeal only for crappie in our house, salt, pepper, garlic salt to taste
Coleslaw and fries for the sides.
Not a bad cashin for a little lathe work.

R

No doubt. I like using fish n game for barter. Works out well.

At least the word is spelled correctly. Just the wrong word for that sentence. Now go find something else to do or I will for you.;)

I scurry off like the bad monkey ,meester!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xIAhzRR_I14?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dSIwvFv.gif

IMG_3405.JPG Pick up a 8.5 lbs of locally grown, hand trimmed, black Angus goodness...

IMG_3406.JPG Liberally coat with your favorite rub and on to the smoker fat cap up...

This is good. This is very very good. :)
Damn nice post buddy.

Just as well throw in a little bullseye practice. It's a pretty spring day and I'm still cookin'.

IMG_3414.JPG

8 hours 15 minutes in. Internal temp at 170 degrees. Looking for 195-200. Right on schedule.

IMG_3416.JPG

IMG_3419.JPG Finish evening with a bonfire, adult beverage, and gently slide into a meat coma...

Attachments

• IMG_3419.JPG
    IMG_3419.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 73
Gerat job man. Outstanding day.
If you only delivered. :(

It turned out real fine, like stupid good. Delivery to the PNW might be a stretch friend, but I've been known to do stuff that doesn't make a damn bit of sense just because ;).

It turned out real fine, like stupid good. Delivery to the PNW might be a stretch friend, but I've been known to do stuff that doesn't make a damn bit of sense just because ;).

lmao We do have so.e of those folks running around here. Appreciate the thoght.;)
Seriously, thanks for sharing your day. Love it !

Nom Nom Nom has not been getting the Love it so deserves. Had to run to Astoria for a Doc appointment and was blessed with the presence of my eldest son for some late afternoon Yum.

God I love this stuff................

ZvNXRWS.jpg

ddvgrtp.jpg

YdoapLY.jpg

photo57080.jpg Speaking of raw fish.
Caught this cobia yesterday. His bigger and legal sized brother swam with him until I netted him. Then he bailed...

Tried to get the other hooked up while I had this one on, but it just wouldn't eat.
Oh well, no sushi for dinner. Gotta wait for a bigger one (33" or longer at the fork).
I did see one that was well over 50", but he was just moving too fast to chase him down.
A large bait school was using my boat for protection against whatever was eating them from below.

Sounds like the writer wants everyone in Europe (especially Brits) to go back to fish and chips.
Strange how many cases of this are happening in the old world, yet you don't hear of it happening much in our country.
Maybe we control our products better?

What's that in the middle?

That's "Uni", Sea Urchin gonads. Seriously. Most people commonly refer to it as "Roe" which really isn't factual.
[h=2]What is uni?[/h]

Uni (oo-nee) is the Japanese name for the edible part of the Sea Urchin. While colloquially referred to as the roe (eggs), uni is actually the animal’s gonads (which produce the milt or roe). Uni ranges in color from rich gold to light yellow, and has a creamy consistency that some love and is off-putting to others. It is nevertheless one sushi item that is in incredible demand around the world, which is reflected in its price. Sea Urchins are a rare treat for those who acquire a taste. Uni sushi has a light, sweet, and somewhat briny flavor and is is usually enjoyed as nigiri sushi or sashimi. Uni is also sometimes served with a raw quail egg. Uni is also considered an aphrodisiac by some. It is harvested throughout the world, however the west coast of the U.S. has in recent years become one of the largest sources, and much of the harvest finds its way overseas to eager Asian customers. Each sea urchin contains five ‘lobes’ and the harvesting of the uni is a very delicate process as the meat easily falls apart. Uni is a somewhat seasonal item and is at its best when served from late fall through the winter, with December considered the best month by Japanese standards.

I've been eating Sushi/Sashimi for around 45 yrs and never had an issue. Funnest way to eat Uni is when you're diving and bring it up and munch like an Otter. Can't get it any fresher than that. Miss doing that alot.

otter_urchins_610.png

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hza0nZF4zMw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Any of you guys using a Green Mountain pellet smoker/grill? I'm thinking of getting one, but curious if there are any drawbacks I haven't considered?

Last edited:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Hza0nZF4zMw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'd give that dish a try. I would like to give that fella a good sharp knife for the cleaning process. Watching someone with a dull knife is like running a saw with a dull bar chain...unproductive an painful to watch.

I'd give that dish a try. I would like to give that fella a good sharp knife for the cleaning process. Watching someone with a dull knife is like running a saw with a dull bar chain...unproductive an painful to watch.

Dull knife.
Like that guy cleaning the shark. Just made me cringe watching how hard he worked that knife

This evening gentleman, I prepared a cedar plank salmon with a mustard/dill/garlic "slather" (I don't particularly care for that term) but, that's what it is.

IMG_3621.JPG

Paired with rice, fresh asparagus (which I over cooked), and we're done...

IMG_3627.JPG

What's that in the middle?

Like tnichols I'm a Traeger guy. Hot rods ($30) short out from time to time. If in a cold or windy spot you may need to add a nomes door gasket ($17) and insulating blanket ($150 for Tex 075 size). But they work. Amazingly well IMO. And don't require micro managing the cooking process. If the Green Mountain is better quality go for it. But Traeger works for me.

That's "Uni", Sea Urchin gonads. Seriously. Most people commonly refer to it as "Roe" which really isn't factual.
[h=2]What is uni?[/h]

Uni (oo-nee) is the Japanese name for the edible part of the Sea Urchin. While colloquially referred to as the roe (eggs), uni is actually the animal’s gonads (which produce the milt or roe). Uni ranges in color from rich gold to light yellow, and has a creamy consistency that some love and is off-putting to others. It is nevertheless one sushi item that is in incredible demand around the world, which is reflected in its price. Sea Urchins are a rare treat for those who acquire a taste. Uni sushi has a light, sweet, and somewhat briny flavor and is is usually enjoyed as nigiri sushi or sashimi. Uni is also sometimes served with a raw quail egg. Uni is also considered an aphrodisiac by some. It is harvested throughout the world, however the west coast of the U.S. has in recent years become one of the largest sources, and much of the harvest finds its way overseas to eager Asian customers. Each sea urchin contains five ‘lobes’ and the harvesting of the uni is a very delicate process as the meat easily falls apart. Uni is a somewhat seasonal item and is at its best when served from late fall through the winter, with December considered the best month by Japanese standards.

I've been eating Sushi/Sashimi for around 45 yrs and never had an issue. Funnest way to eat Uni is when you're diving and bring it up and munch like an Otter. Can't get it any fresher than that. Miss doing that alot.

otter_urchins_610.png

I hear it tastes like the end of a BJ.
Is that true 1J04?