• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s THE "NOM NOM NOM" THREAD

My phone doesn't do that net thing. We have several iPads (on one now) and iPhones, but they belong to the wife and kids. I do have some pretty badass cameras, but not so handy. We'll see what I can come up with.

Love my Traeger and love to cook and after looking a bit closer at one of these at Costco I gotta tell ya, Me want one.

MdpMRit.jpg

jmlNZ7s.jpg

8OOXciZ.jpg

But good lord that alot "O" Money :confused:

I have a BGE, but it was a gift. I wanted to buy one till I saw what they cost. Damnit... they do hold in the moisture w/o steaming. Worth it if you're willing to pay.

I have a BGE, but it was a gift. I wanted to buy one till I saw what they cost. Damnit... they do hold in the moisture w/o steaming. Worth it if you're willing to pay.

That's what it reminded me of, the BGE. Never seen one before, after looking this thing over wholly shit, it's a beast. It's just gotta do a helluva job. Need to make a new friend that's got one to check it out.......

Trying to cut some unwanted weight, on a high protein diet. Only had a few bites of the potatoe

Last edited:
Ribs rubbed with light brown sugar, dillo dust and salt. IPA was for the cook.
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i1190.photobucket.com\/albums\/z441\/MtnCreek\/IMG_4072_zpstezx8ndl.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i1190.photobucket.com\/albums\/z441\/MtnCreek\/IMG_4103_zpsdf1hcwmn.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Ribs rubbed with light brown sugar, dillo dust and salt. IPA was for the cook.
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i1190.photobucket.com\/albums\/z441\/MtnCreek\/IMG_4072_zpstezx8ndl.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i1190.photobucket.com\/albums\/z441\/MtnCreek\/IMG_4103_zpsdf1hcwmn.jpg"}[/IMG2]

You kept your word. :p Nice job right there for them baby's. Thanks for posting that up. I'm gonna have to look into that dillo dust. Looks like a good mix. What sauce?

I mixed sugar, dillo dust, salt and a little black pepper in a 2 cup measure. I put about half on the ribs, rest went in the sauce. I added apple cider vinegar, Sweet Baby Rays (original) and a little apple juice to make a thin sauce. It's nearly as much vinegar as sauce.

I mixed sugar, dillo dust, salt and a little black pepper in a 2 cup measure. I put about half on the ribs. I added apple cider vinegar, Sweet Baby Rays (original) and a little apple juice to make a thin sauce. It's nearly as much vinegar as sauce.

I like the look of the consistency and color alot. Thx man. ;)

One of our coveted members, aka our favorite Shark, aka the always misunderstood DirtyD, sent me a couple pics of his awesome venison dish he put together with Backstraps !! :p
I'll leave it up to him to chime in regarding all the particulars. I've got them, but I'm not sharing. ;) This is one awesome looking dish and I'm definitely going to do this. Nice job man.

IE8fJfa.jpg

EITx9K6.jpg

Now here's the KICKER. Comes with a free

PIG.722-8.jpg

After an appointment timing was right for my boys to join in on some more fishsticks...........

Damn I love this stuff.

adGBLut.jpg

z0VpDHf.jpg

ASAHI......I think I've bought that out of a vending machine on the streets of Iwakuni......

ASAHI......I think I've bought that out of a vending machine on the streets of Iwakuni......

You're damn right you did. Wasn't that a blast? I use to by the mini keg of either Asahi Super Dry or Sapporo outta the vending machines around town. When I was living in Tokyo I'd enjoy plenty of Pachinko at the Parlors and step out for a break and a beer. So much fun.

Love my Traeger and love to cook and after looking a bit closer at one of these at Costco I gotta tell ya, Me want one.

MdpMRit.jpg

jmlNZ7s.jpg

8OOXciZ.jpg

But good lord that alot "O" Money :confused:

I've read these were recently $200 off. May happen again. If that sounds steep take a look at Big Green Egg version. Hermosa beach was asking about these recently. While you were busy not backing me up on my Traeger love (we have two, and we bought one for the inlaws so we would have a good grill at their house), my wife decided she wants one of these too. I can buy a Dillon 550 for that money. Then again, if we cut out restaurants I would be flush. Last night came to $208 and my wife and daughter shared a plate. If I added those meals up every month I would cry. So I don't. And live in denial. Kind of like you 1J04 -- but about what we spend going out, not our intimate preferences.

I mixed sugar, dillo dust, salt and a little black pepper in a 2 cup measure. I put about half on the ribs, rest went in the sauce. I added apple cider vinegar, Sweet Baby Rays (original) and a little apple juice to make a thin sauce. It's nearly as much vinegar as sauce.

When I'm too lazy to make some sauce from scratch, we too enjoy the tang of Sweet Baby Rays.

This evening gentleman, I prepared "Miami Rolls". From our favorite meat shop, it is a pork loin wrapped in flank steak wrapped with hand cut bacon. Easy, but quite good. Seasoned with Salt Grass steak mix and on a HOT grill for 15 minutes tops.

IMG_3713.JPG

Ya got my mouth juices going big time. We're going 'cheap' with Thighs n Stubbs.

ihDVBil.jpg

cCd6fM3.jpg

The obligatory Beer for the Chicken. WOW is that a Happy Ending? :rolleyes:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/hkTTpSp.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Yes, I'll clean the hell outta this thing tomorrow and replace the foil.

The obligatory Beer for the Chicken. WOW is that a Happy Ending? :rolleyes:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/hkTTpSp.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Yes, I'll clean the hell outta this thing tomorrow and replace the foil.

Looking very good brother. You're either a grill master or using a Traeger. I hear that's cheating.

Tnichols, I consider chicken the other white meat. So well done on the pork. Looks delicious.

I've always said that any good quality smoker should come with a discount coupon to Betty Ford. Low and slow is good for the pallet and hard on the liver!

Bout 30 more minutes before the Traeger Breaststisis's is done. Bout an hour and some odd minutes after that, me. Wew. :eek: Oneshot, sorry your thread got immediately ruined. You know how we're doing......;)

So damn close. Turned now to skin side up for 10 mins, lathered, and then right in the pie hole. Rice is done. Nom. Oh, and that sauce is awesome.

LNjdgZc.jpg

8USAzvR.jpg

ZwwF0np.jpg

And because I have been recently referred to as 'slightly overweight' by a friend and coveted member, it's only prudent the second helping include salad. And another Beer. :p

FxieQHv.jpg

That looks damn good! That Traeger is gonna' need a tune up and an oil change after all the hours you've put on it this month. Your liver may need a quick looky lue too :)

That looks damn good! That Traeger is gonna' need a tune up and an oil change after all the hours you've put on it this month. Your liver may need a quick looky lue too :)

What's a Liver? :p

I have my DL listed as a organ donor...just as a sick joke. Some organ harvest team will get called out in the middle of the night and go to work on my throughly worn out chassis. Man are they going to be pissed ;)

I have my DL listed as a organ donor...just as a sick joke. Some organ harvest team will get called out in the middle of the night and go to work on my throughly worn out chassis. Man are they going to be pissed ;)

They're gonna pull out a full grown purple stingray if they pull mine. lmao

Okay fellas.
Tomorrow, rain or shine I'm firing up the smoker.
Got a 6.5lb brisket, a 6lb chicken (gonna split it from stem to stern) and a few apple sausage links to toss in there for good measure.
Hit me up with some ideas on spices/rubs and timeframes for turning these hunks of meat into drool worthy tidbits.
The last chicken was a simple coating of Adobo and it was awesome.

Okay fellas.
Tomorrow, rain or shine I'm firing up the smoker.
Got a 6.5lb brisket, a 6lb chicken (gonna split it from stem to stern) and a few apple sausage links to toss in there for good measure.
Hit me up with some ideas on spices/rubs and timeframes for turning these hunks of meat into drool worthy tidbits.
The last chicken was a simple coating of Adobo and it was awesome.

You already know what I'd do to that Brisket from the above posted forays. That big ole bird I'd leave whole. Dijon Mustard mixed with sea salt, pepper, garlic powder. Handful of fresh sprigs of rosemary and sage. Rub that bird with the Dijon inside, outside, and under the skin. Stuff that bad boy with a lemon cut in half and the sprigs of rosemary and sage. Stick a can of beer up it's butt and tie the legs back and call it dirty names. It will be the most tender, fragrant, and tasty bird you may have ever had, or damn close. Just a suggestion.
Next..... :p

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/media2.giphy.com\/media\/jdrgQXu2qdL1e\/200.webp#10-grid1"}[/IMG2]

Oops. Forgot about the sausage. I better leave that up to someone else also/too. :eek:

83A5HfD.gif

Last edited:
A1J,
done deal on the brisket and yard bird. Rebecca loves the sound of the chicken.

Guess all I need now is info on the sausage party....

BTW, love the gif of Daffy.
"You've been a very bad boy George"

A1J,
done deal on the brisket and yard bird. Rebecca loves the sound of the chicken.

Guess all I need now is info on the sausage party....

BTW, love the gif of Daffy.
"You've been a very bad boy George"

Sounds good. You're gonna love it, I'm positive. Towel that bird dry inside and out before applying the Dijon mixture. And pics please Mike. We like us some pics.

ZQSGm8g.jpg

Pics of our first adventure with the smoker.
I didn't take a pic while the thighs were in there.
The corn was just salt, pepper, olive oil and paprika.
The chicken was dried and rubbed down with Adobo and a light covering of olive oil.
Tomorrow's corn will be the same, but then I'll cut it from the cob, chop up a jalapeno and a red pepper and toss them in a pan for a few minutes.

Attachments

• photo60054.jpg
    photo60054.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 26
  • photo60055.jpg
    photo60055.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 33
  • photo60056.jpg
    photo60056.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 23
Pics of our first adventure with the smoker.
I didn't take a pic while the thighs were in there.
The corn was just salt, pepper, olive oil and paprika.
The chicken was dried and rubbed down with Adobo and a light covering of olive oil.
Tomorrow's corn will be the same, but then I'll cut it from the cob, chop up a jalapeno and a red pepper and toss them in a pan for a few minutes.

Awesome. That looks great. And tomorrow's sounds great as well. Can't wait to see it.