• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s THE "NOM NOM NOM" THREAD

Just outside the hotel in Singapore is Cuppage Terrace, about 20 bar / restaurants, this one was Thai....
IMG20191021204250.jpg

Deer will be rutting like crazy now with this cold weather. Just to damn nice out. We need another good stormy day and you will knock one down.
1j you rifle hunting for elk?

Yessir, and you're right. WAY to nice out! Back to work tomorrow! ? Ain't looking good for "the one". Rifle Elk this year. Probably pick the Bow back up for next year.

Reactions: Barneybdb
ANOTHER NOM NOM NOM? WTF?

I'll just keep posting here. Thanks.

Damned crayon eaters.

I've heard that this couple both take it up the jacksie with enough Spin-D in them.

Damned crayon eaters.

I've heard that this couple both take it up the jacksie with enough Spin-D in them.

lol At the 10 second point he sed "Master Bakers". I was too, at a young age..... :LOL:

@mzvarner
Why do you use flat cut brisket?

And looks like drinking and cooking started at the same time so no party foul.

@Snuby642

My dad wanted to do a brisket but we only have a few people coming over. He bought the whole 18# brisket, but had them seperate the flat from the point (I encouraged it), so he can freeze (save) the point for later.

Short answer: blasphemy. Sorry.

Reactions: Snuby642
Best answer to that question I ever heard.

I do it in reverse, I cook it whole normaly using the Texas crutch method.
Most of the time guests beg for doggie bags. On rare occasion they get drunk and forget.

Cooked will freeze fine especially if you can add back any drippings you have.
Mostly we take left over and make some mexican dish or a potato hash.

It saves me on wood that way. Lol

Reactions: 1J04 and mzvarner
You guys and your electric and gas contraptions.
The problem with them is that they can make good smoked food.

Your killing me !

An offset stick burner must be fired up ahead of time, carefully adjusted, baby sat, hovered around and restoaked all day.

Aka, my off day no to do list day, pretty soon the missis will figure out how to run it and then there goes that day off.

I suggest you throw away any instruction manuals it has.

Now if you will excuse me I have to do some laundry since my wife is out fishing for two days at Lake Fork.

How much detergent do I use? Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1J04 and Barneybdb
Well.

Not a lot of food posts lately. Been busy.

Recently made some stuffed chicken. Once sliced open, oiled and seasoned up well. Stuffing a mix of parmesan, ricotta, chopped spinach, and garlic.

95FC7A78-29AD-4D4F-9C25-FDBECAD7B9C4.jpeg

Tonight made a few drumsticks in the oven. Rub was sea salt, fresh ground pepper, granulated garlic, onion powder, chili powder, and smoked paprika.
Was a wet rub with a nice coating of olive oil before the rub.

Giant drumsticks from the store today. Was tasty without and made a little mild buffalo sauce in my small cast pan with butter, garlic, and a little Frank’s.

DB6F66B7-AAC2-4263-842E-E7E6F3FE27C6.jpeg

Got some other cool recipes coming up, will try to post a few

Fuckin' asshole bitches about gobbledigook and then makes this abomination.

Northern was blastin its way through yesterday so improvise.

Fridge check, 1lb hamburger no other meats thawed, a huge green bell peper and handfull
Of those small mixed color sweet pepers, medium onion, butter.

Pantry check, packet of brown gravy mix, box of beef broth, rice.
Spices garlic, peper, paprika, ginger and dry mustard (easy on those 2) , soy sauce.

Spiced up meatballs, made about 14, browned in pan and removed to a plate.
Left pan juices in and added cut vegetables to cook along with same spices mixed into meat.
When vegetables are soft and browned some deglaze pan with broth and then add gravey mix per thier directions. I use a cup with a mixer thing and lid to mix gravey and broth instead of water. Cook gravey till done and put meat balls on top to warm on low.

Fire up rice per instructions.
This will feed 3 hungry people and was originally intended to be made with steak.

I got this from an old Betty Crocker cook book we have had for over 30 years.
Items not measured because it's cooking not baking you get to do your own thing.
20191112_191027.jpg

I can tell everyone loves steak here haha. I hate you guys. I am stuck at work looking at steak pictures

Edit for correction:

This:
It was pointed out to me that these are pork country style ribs.

They in fact, are.

I had been reading up on short ribs and it got stuck in my 256k processor.

Not this:
Short ribs my man. Steak would never, ever get cooked that long.

Last edited:
Just found this thread. Here is a tomahawk steak by me and some steak for the wife. Turned out excellent. Peppercorn, kosher salt, real butter, olive oil, rare cooked. Was perfect. And yes, my plate was a 14x10” cooking tray.

Edit to add: those steaks were purchased straight from Sams just a few hours prior.

5CD73E9A-4220-43E6-95C0-4EB4BCEF1963.jpeg
CB644409-72C3-4727-BE56-359582114DA2.jpeg

Last edited: