• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s THE "NOM NOM NOM" THREAD

Carnitas.
Shoulda browned them a little more, but oh well.

View attachment 7397966

View attachment 7397967

Forgot to spoon up the black beans before I took the pic.

The pig was shot on Saturday evening.
Nice! That looks a lot like the pulled pork I make in a crock pot. I’m not as sophisticated as ya’all and don’t have a smoker, but 4-5 lbs of pork shoulder or Boston butt in a crockpot for 6-8 hours with Sazon seasoning, a splash of apple juice and some pineapple yield a great bit of meat for everything from sandwiches to tacos to salads, etc.

Looks great! 😛

Reactions: Barneybdb
Nice! That looks a lot like the pulled pork I make in a crock pot. I’m not as sophisticated as ya’all and don’t have a smoker, but 4-5 lbs of pork shoulder or Boston butt in a crockpot for 6-8 hours with Sazon seasoning, a splash of apple juice and some pineapple yield a great bit of meat for everything from sandwiches to tacos to salads, etc.

Looks great! 😛

Marinated it in Goya Mojo for a few hours. Drained part of it off, added water and cooked it for 5 hours in a Dutch oven at 275*.

Pulled it apart, added a few ounces of the stock and broiled it in the oven for a few minutes to crisp the edges.

Reactions: Barneybdb and lash
Marinated it in Goya Mojo for a few hours. Drained part of it off, added water and cooked it for 5 hours in a Dutch oven at 275*.

Pulled it apart, added a few ounces of the stock and broiled it in the oven for a few minutes to crisp the edges.
Yummy!

Looks like 1J had pizza.....

1597395036477.png

Yes to Sweet Baby Rays, though I prefer the original for most things. I can always add soy sauce and red wine vinegar to get teriyaki.

First time using that one. Bought that and another brand of sesame-ginger flavor marinade. Let the wife pick and she went with the teriyaki. Used to marinade some boneless-skinless thighs for about 1.5hr. Grilled at about 550* to get some char on them. Cut up and served with veggies stirfried in toasted sesame oil over rice. Was pretty good and the kids liked it.

I use their original BBQ sauce a good bit, usually thinned w/ apple cider vinegar. Mistakenly bought their steak sauce once thinking it was BBQ and used it on pork ribs; that was interesting...

First time using that one. Bought that and another brand of sesame-ginger flavor marinade. Let the wife pick and she went with the teriyaki. Used to marinade some boneless-skinless thighs for about 1.5hr. Grilled at about 550* to get some char on them. Cut up and served with veggies stirfried in toasted sesame oil over rice. Was pretty good and the kids liked it.

I use their original BBQ sauce a good bit, usually thinned w/ apple cider vinegar. Mistakenly bought their steak sauce once thinking it was BBQ and used it on pork ribs; that was interesting...
Just picked up a London broil today on sale. Made a quick marinade using the last dregs of some things I had in the fridge. A little bit of Asian salad dressing, some Italian dressing, a bit of steak sauce, red wine vinegar, some soy sauce, dried onion, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper. Threw this into a big freezer bag with the steak and tossed it into the freezer. I’ll pull it out a day before I want to grill it.

Just picked up a London broil today on sale. Made a quick marinade using the last dregs of some things I had in the fridge. A little bit of Asian salad dressing, some Italian dressing, a bit of steak sauce, red wine vinegar, some soy sauce, dried onion, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper. Threw this into a big freezer bag with the steak and tossed it into the freezer. I’ll pull it out a day before I want to grill it.
That actually sounds like a pretty good marinade mixture. I do odds and ends myself a lot and it usually turns out pretty good especially with a dash of liquid smoke.

Reactions: lash
That actually sounds like a pretty good marinade mixture. I do odds and ends myself a lot and it usually turns out pretty good especially with a dash of liquid smoke.
Yeah, after a while you get used to what things will work together and what flavors they add. Occasionally someone will ask for my recipe and in those cases, I can only laugh and give them some ingredients. Amounts are exact, exactly as much as I toss in there. 😎

Took the family out to breakfast this morning. Went to a place I haven’t been to in 20 years. I will say if you ever go through Tokeland Washington you have to stop at the Tokeland hotel for food. Absolutely amazing breakfast. The building has a pretty cool history and is also known to be haunted lol.
55852B3A-CB4C-41DB-8AD1-1EDBD66C737E.jpeg

Took the family out to breakfast this morning. Went to a place I haven’t been to in 20 years. I will say if you ever go through Tokeland Washington you have to stop at the Tokeland hotel for food. Absolutely amazing breakfast. The building has a pretty cool history and is also known to be haunted lol.
View attachment 7405949

Dammit Moose! I'm calling Chen's! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Mooseknuckles
Dammit Moose! I'm calling Chen's! :ROFLMAO:
I have herd Chen’s has a damn good breakfast but I will tell you what, the Tokeland hotel is the best breakfast I have had within 200 miles lol! We may start making trips out there once a month now. Plus they have Fort George beer on tap!! Had a couple breakfast beers this morning.

I have herd Chen’s has a damn good breakfast but I will tell you what, the Tokeland hotel is the best breakfast I have had within 200 miles lol! We may start making trips out there once a month now. Plus they have Fort George beer on tap!! Had a couple breakfast beers this morning.

Nice! (y)

Crap. Chen's ain't doing Breakfast's now for some reason. Hell, there American Breakfast is probably better than any of their Chinese Cuisine. When they're making it! ;)

Tokeland Hotel sound legit. Might have to make a run through there on Transport.

Reactions: Mooseknuckles
Well. These sucked..... 🤣🤣
Nice dry rub, recipe from Steven Raichlen. Put it on yesterday and left in the fridge overnight covered in plastic wrap. .
Big thanks to @Geno C. for his help when I couldnt find the answer on cook time.

1CBAA7AB-A4A3-42E0-BD44-E6EE0CE0B6FE.jpeg
AB2B183E-89E8-47D1-BA0F-DAC416C88BDF.jpeg
046F8C7D-634C-435F-BD2B-5D6A6C9007F6.jpeg

This is my buddies roommate. She came along to taste the ribs off the new smoker.
My 8 year old was running a hard wing-man routine and was trying hard to get dad a cutie gal.
2BC7AA11-EE67-403B-A037-A811E0A5145E.jpeg

Well. These sucked..... 🤣🤣
Nice dry rub, recipe from Steven Raichlen. Put it on yesterday and left in the fridge overnight covered in plastic wrap. .
Big thanks to @Geno C. for his help when I couldnt find the answer on cook time.

View attachment 7406542View attachment 7406543View attachment 7406544

This is my buddies roommate. She came along to taste the ribs off the new smoker.
My 8 year old was running a hard wing-man routine and was trying hard to get dad a cutie gal.
View attachment 7406549
Looks good👍🏼

This is due for a low cook on the offset at 225 with lump charcoal and a hunk of beech to internal temp of 119. Then a rest and a fast hot sear on a flat top cast iron heated to about 700 on the Weber gas grill. Sitting with kosher salt on it in the fridge for a few hours now.
View attachment 7406044
Local butcher shop had some good looking tomahawks the other day. Almost made me rethink what I went in to buy

Reactions: lash and Spicerack
I make a venison stuffed pepper with wild rice and a nice home crafted seasoning blend.
Always delicious.

Nice blend of spice in there. Less zip when my kid is home. Touch more when I make them and she is at her moms.

Reactions: lash
I make a venison stuffed pepper with wild rice and a nice home crafted seasoning blend.
Always delicious.

Nice blend of spice in there. Less zip when my kid is home. Touch more when I make them and she is at her moms.
That sounds really good. What part of the venison do you use to make the ground venison?

I grind my own beef using a mix of brisket, filet and a bit of sirloin. It is so much better than store bought. It really makes use of all of the odd shaped filet pieces that are left over when you buy a whole tenderloin

Last edited:
OK, now you have my mouth watering over a filet--uncommon for me. Also, really cool butcher block under the carving board--end on maple and cherry or black walnut?
They are ribeye filets, pretty much a center cut ribeye without the cap.

I'm not sure on the wood, but its 6 or 7 different kinds, a friend of my brother made it.

IMG_3812.jpg

Last edited: