• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s THE "NOM NOM NOM" THREAD

A lot of salad going on.
Waistline shrinking slow.

This was a good sub for croutons.

20220520_205458.jpg

Shrimp Enchiladas Suiza..

not the most impressive presentation, but the taste is incredible!!

I'm more than happy to share the technique with anyone interested. Homemade tortillas help to
20220530_135047.jpg
20220530_141608.jpg
20220530_182044.jpg
20220530_182314.jpg
20220530_191800.jpg
20220530_202025.jpg
20220530_203404.jpg
20220530_213550.jpg

Attachments

• 20220530_182139.jpg
    20220530_182139.jpg
    417.9 KB · Views: 45
Haha, no. Cooking has been a huge passion of mine since I left the Corps, gardening to. I actually used to keep a little mini Weber grill in my truck while on active duty.

I appreciate the kind words..
Some good looking grub for sure, thanks for sharing

Reactions: SpringThom
You guys got any Keto friendly Mexican dishes ?

My stomach is pitching a bitch, thanks a lot.

Reactions: Snuby642
Well share the recipe! Looks fantastic.
Thanks!

This is basically the recipe I use..
I used shrimp this time, but the real gold is the sauce technique. Its pretty straightforward, but turns out a wonderful product. I usually use mozzarella cheese, but don't go too heavy with it. Also, don't skip the fresh nutmeg, if you have it. Adds a nice touch.

If you have ever thought about making tortillas, please do yourself a favor and buy this press...

Its a bit spendy, but built like a tank, and takes so much of the hassle out of the process. It'll last a darn long time to, powdery coated cast iron. I was a little intimidated about making tortillas, but after this press, and some practice, its second nature now.

So for a measurement everyone here should understand.

A standard thick leather gun belt, holes 1 inch apart.
Lost 4 notches in two 1/2 months and depending on holster / weight of gun 5 notches.

Here is the kicker of this diet, I still drink some beer, some whiskey and a bunch of the faggoty vodka seltzer drinks. Basically partially trading seltzers for beers my boozing remains the same.

Have had to cut carbs drastically, it's been tough.

20220613_130206.jpg

No bread is more of a bitch than I thought possible.

So for a measurement everyone here should understand.

A standard thick leather gun belt, holes 1 inch apart.
Lost 4 notches in two 1/2 months and depending on holster / weight of gun 5 notches.

Here is the kicker of this diet, I still drink some beer, some whiskey and a bunch of the faggoty vodka seltzer drinks. Basically partially trading seltzers for beers my boozing remains the same.

Have had to cut carbs drastically, it's been tough.

View attachment 7890930

No bread is more of a bitch than I thought possible.
Just buy keto bread. There are a couple brands out there. Depends on your location what is available. My wife is in OKC and can’t find the brand there that we like in MO.

Still crushing on this smoked ribeye.

Carne Guisada el pantry.
Didn't want to chase ingredients.
View attachment 7868014
This is what I had except I traded white beans for the potatoes.

Season and lightly sear meat, get it out of the pan. Brown your vegetables toss meat back in and add enchilada sauce ect imidiatly.

Turn heat down on low, barely a simmer, if you boil it it's shot. Run on very slow for a couple hours.

Beans , rice or potatoes go with this.

View attachment 7868021

Great.
Call it what you want it's Tex Mex carne guisada inspired and delicious.
Try this stuff, it kicks butt and is better than their fajita spices for this dish.

I don't think Bolners Fiesta brand makes a bad spice blend.....and their online purchasing is painless.

Got a house full of Fiesta brand definetly a go to, just not any of that one. Goya brand has some good seasoning blends as well.

Thanks I'll look for that one.

Just buy keto bread. There are a couple brands out there. Depends on your location what is available. My wife is in OKC and can’t find the brand there that we like in MO.
Have not found a keto bread I can stomach, I actually love many styles of bread.

Tonight tried spaghetti made with some keto - tofu noodles.

It was not pasta by any stretch but would work as ramon, or stir fry.

When I hit a good target size I will set up a reasonable cheat schedule and see if I can maintain.

Was eating at a BBQ joint a couple days ago. Screwed up and sat next to the fresh made roll stand cranking out a constant barage.

Torture.

Saga of the keto gun belt continues. Today had to use the last (tightest) notch to keep my pants on and gun from flopping around.

That's 5 notches from the start in about 3 months. With the only modification to drinking being traded 60 - 70 % of beer (light) for the low carb seltzers.

Truley and Bud lite seltzers are my favorites, not the cola flavored ones. As for a soda pop replacement, none of that diet crap with artificial sweeteners. I drink these from Kroger.

16553125891717359467070409453252.jpg

Zero carbs, tart no sugar.

The juice is worth the squeeze but comes with some sacrifice.

Last nites supper.

20220614_200136.jpg

Bacon wrapped premium hotdogs, cheese, olives and pork rinds. The BBQ sauce was not really necessary because I seasoned the bacon.

Yes the dogs were done in the oven (party foul) but the ball game was on and didn't want to miss any.

I'm not starving.

Reactions: Beefmanne
Saga of the keto gun belt continues. Today had to use the last (tightest) notch to keep my pants on and gun from flopping around.

That's 5 notches from the start in about 3 months. With the only modification to drinking being traded 60 - 70 % of beer (light) for the low carb seltzers.

Truley and Bud lite seltzers are my favorites, not the cola flavored ones. As for a soda pop replacement, none of that diet crap with artificial sweeteners. I drink these from Kroger.

View attachment 7892238
Zero carbs, tart no sugar.

The juice is worth the squeeze but comes with some sacrifice.

Last nites supper.

View attachment 7892239
Bacon wrapped premium hotdogs, cheese, olives and pork rinds. The BBQ sauce was not really necessary because I seasoned the bacon.

Yes the dogs were done in the oven (party foul) but the ball game was on and didn't want to miss any.

I'm not starving.
Supposedly quality balsamic vinegar and lacroix is supposed to be tasty, and low in sugar

Search the inter webs for Shrub Recipes- these are beverages that use a drinking vinegar base and are much lower in sugar that traditional fountain drinks/sodas.

Well the one I get has zero sugar zero carbs and tastes decent.
Way better than any of my wifes stupid diet sodas (gross).

I'll check into those drinks.

Well got boered with all that.

Baby brisket 11-12 lb trimmed.
100 degree days.
Dang thing stalled at 145 degrees in six hours at 225 heat.

Texas Crutch that little thing before it dries out.

20220621_195042.jpg

20220621_195408.jpg

Sale stuff is allways babies or bohemian slabs. I prefer the big ones. The little ones cook too quickly and I have to shuck and jive.

Target is 1 hour per pound at 225 at least 1/2 time on smoker running slightly extra smoke, then Crutch at stall.

Last edited:
Neighbor gave me a 1/2 rotisserie chicken. Nice.

So thanks for the chicken, it found a good home.

Skin off and in the pot to fry. Remove that add oil butter and 2 big cloves of garlic and 2 handfuls cut green onions 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes and 2 teaspoon of Uncle Cris hamburger steak seasoning.

Fry that a couple minutes then add 1 can hatch green chili sauce the cubed up 1/2 rotisserie chicken 2 more handfuls of green onions a can of white beans a small can of hatch chillies maybe add a few dashes of steak seasoning. Simmer do not boil.

The easiest green chicken chili without a store mix and better.

Garnish with cilantro and avocado if desired.

20220627_211954.jpg

Last edited:
Neighbor gave me a 1/2 rotisserie chicken. Nice.

So thanks for the chicken, it found a good home.

Skin off and in the pot to fry. Remove that add oil butter and 2 big cloves of garlic and 2 handfuls cut green onions 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes and 2 teaspoon of Uncle Cris hamburger steak seasoning.

Fry that a couple minutes then add 1 can hatch green chili sauce the cubed up 1/2 rotisserie chicken 2 more handfuls of green onions a can of white beans a small can of hatch chillies maybe add a few dashes of steak seasoning. Simmer do not boil.

The easiest green chicken chili without a store mix and better.

Garnish with cilantro and avocado if desired.

View attachment 7900843
Yum!

Chicken fried steak with ribeye steaks.
Black pepper cream gravy and sautéed squash.

I always get the thin cut ribeyes from Costco. Usually I make fajitas or tacos with them. Felt like making something different today, so said, why not. I tenderized the steaks before breading. Simple, classic, delicious!

20220627_200513.jpg
20220627_200522.jpg
20220627_205235.jpg
20220627_205653.jpg
20220627_205656.jpg
20220627_205929.jpg

Look out dickhead. I'ma lay a woopin' on you this Thursday night......:ROFLMAO::cool:

It does look good. Your Beautiful Bride cook it for you ? :unsure::ROFLMAO::cool:

Nah. Didn't happen that way. I wish, but no, imma gonna have to take the credit for this one on muh own. Can't lie. That sauce on Pork or Chicken is the "SHIT"!

Reactions: Threadcutter308
Sometimes country style ribs are hard to find, pork bellies as well.

Think maybe I'll try slab bacon for a replacement.

Anyone tried that?

No balls were harmed in posting of this classic, but got to love Sharron.

IMG_4900.jpg

IMG_4901.jpg

I cut the ribs down to smaller slabs and let them soak up some salt, pepper, garlic powder (just a pinch), KC steak seasoning, avocado oil, and honey while in the fridge for a few days. Boil them in apple juice for just over an hour, and slap them on the grill for a little crisp and about 2 qts. :ROFLMAO:of your favorite BBQ sauce. Don't forget the garlic bread! This particular grub was enjoyed by myself, my wife, (who made a killer potato salad) and one of our oldest best friends. Talk about feeling like the bloated goat....🤤

Happy Independence Day !

Not a big meal here going to sons house. Wife making deviled eggs.

She hands me a beater from the mixer , then tells me , you know why mom's always give little boys the beaters ?

20220704_154453.jpg

Training.

Reactions: Beefmanne
View attachment 7905249
View attachment 7905250
I cut the ribs down to smaller slabs and let them soak up some salt, pepper, garlic powder (just a pinch), KC steak seasoning, avocado oil, and honey while in the fridge for a few days. Boil them in apple juice for just over an hour, and slap them on the grill for a little crisp and about 2 qts. :ROFLMAO:of your favorite BBQ sauce. Don't forget the garlic bread! This particular grub was enjoyed by myself, my wife, (who made a killer potato salad) and one of our oldest best friends. Talk about feeling like the bloated goat....🤤
How much honey and oil? I'm gonna give this a go. I s three days in the fridge enough?

I have done variations of this.

One thing would be different in my cooking.

The ribs would be steeped below the boiling point. Just at a temp were steam comes off the water.

Imho

Even when making soup / stew I try to never actually boil the meat.

I have done variations of this.

One thing would be different in my cooking.

The ribs would be steeped below the boiling point. Just at a temp were steam comes off the water.

Imho

Even when making soup / stew I try to never actually boil the meat.
Agreed. A low simmer is usually best as boiling can often make some meat tough.

I'm doing the best I can, the low carb tortillas suck but better than nothing.

I miss the chips and good tortillas I live in Tex Mex heaven and it's killing me.

It's this or stop drinking booze, so ya I'm commited.