• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s THE "NOM NOM NOM" THREAD

Brisket with corn rib and tater salad.
1693845453303.png

Was wanting something with potatoes. Wife nixed potato soup.

Fine, I had some leftover fajita skirt steak.

While potatoes were baking in the oven I diced up the steak and made a pseudo guisada sauce with green chili enchilada sauce, onions, garlic, tomatoes some cilantro etc. Most of it was all leftover from the fajitas.

Top the potatoes add some cheese for a quick melt and done.

20230904_210253.jpg

Standing rib roast with a basic salt, black pepper, thyme, and rosemary rub. Cooked to medium rare.
6B61AC1D-9F0D-4426-9DD2-5EFD2EA79D7B.png

The internal temp after ~30min of rest:
55603A4F-DB80-4F1C-B4F5-0EF1A9EAF2EF.png

B392CD08-B71F-48F2-BEED-C9F56CBF5417.png

Potatoes au gratin; although I didn't realize how little cheese was in the fridge before starting
A239631A-E7A7-4734-97FC-93501606944E.png

Sautéed shredded carrots with roasted garlic, butter and bacon grease.
509B9A59-745C-4B19-ABE7-749E0204CDDF.jpeg

This is from camping a few weekends ago.

Pro s’mores tip: toast the graham crackers a bit over the fire with a spatula. This gets the chocolate a little softer before the marshmallow goes on

1694451744733.jpeg

1694473859524.jpeg

Filets anyone?

Did everyone see that stat a few weeks ago saying 12% of the people in this country eat 50% of the meat? I’m pretty sure my household accounts for at least 1%

View attachment 8225295
Filets anyone?

Did everyone see that stat a few weeks ago saying 12% of the people in this country eat 50% of the meat? I’m pretty sure my household accounts for at least 1%
Nice filets.

I didn’t see that stat and truly doubt its validity. What was the source? It sounds like a study that some vegans or Bill Gates would commission.

Reactions: The D
Nice filets.

I didn’t see that stat and truly doubt its validity. What was the source? It sounds like a study that some vegans or Bill Gates would commission.
I have no idea. I heard it in the radio so I’m sure it’s complete bullshit. I was just trying to make a joke

Reactions: lash
A version of chicken cacciatore with want I found in the fridge and freezer. Turns out that the thighs were breasts, there was only a few tomatoes and I had no mushrooms. But I had some leftover olives done in olive oil and oregano, and a few chiles instead of green peppers, but I pushed forward. Turned out good.

1695517870700.jpeg

1695517895981.jpeg

1695517971874.jpeg

Working on pulled pork and BBQ beans.
A nice 10 pound pork butt for 99 cents a pound, oak, mesquite from my sons farm and some pecan from my tree.
20230923_204132.jpg

A pot of pintos with a batch of over smoked country style ribs that have mellowed just fine with all the beans and broth.

I will add the BBQ sauce etc. later but already had a big bowl for supper.

20230923_162631.jpg

That’s one thing that we don’t get here in Florida, low prices on meat. Best price I’ve ever seen on a pork butt is $2.29/lb. Brisket, $11.99/lb. It sucks for meat eaters.

That’s one thing that we don’t get here in Florida, low prices on meat. Best price I’ve ever seen on a pork butt is $2.29/lb. Brisket, $11.99/lb. It sucks for meat eaters.
You have an entire state overrun with invasive snakes and iguanas with no season or bag limit. Get to shootin and be creative

You have an entire state overrun with invasive snakes and iguanas with no season or bag limit. Get to shootin and be creative
Valid point, except that the big snakes and iguanas are almost all in South Florida, like Dade County and below. The only large meat reptiles in Central Florida are gators. They are good eating, but hunting is controlled pretty tightly and one can get strung up if he doesn’t follow “rules”.

The good gig is to become a registered trapper. Scared and wimpy people that buy houses on lakes call in so-called nuisance gators all the time. Trappers come and bait them so they drown, then haul them off and can keep or sell the meat and hides.

Living on a lake this chaps my ass. Typically the gators called in are no more than 7’ nose to tip of tail. That means about 60-80 lbs. max and not capable of eating more than a toy dog. Though typically they prefer ducks and turtles and shy away from human scum. 😁

I here ya.

Any idea of what they charge us for shrimp, oysters, fish and gator up here in Fort Worth Texas.

If gas were not so expensive I would meet you in the middle for a rondaviez to swap our local wares and drink whiskey.

Pork butt pull test complete.
20230924_103040.jpg

Reactions: Modoc and lash
A version of chicken cacciatore with want I found in the fridge and freezer. Turns out that the thighs were breasts, there was only a few tomatoes and I had no mushrooms. But I had some leftover olives done in olive oil and oregano, and a few chiles instead of green peppers, but I pushed forward. Turned out good.

View attachment 8234133

View attachment 8234134

View attachment 8234135

Rebecca wants the recipe.
For me to cook it while she's at work.

Good trade as far as I'm concerned.

Rebecca wants the recipe.
For me to cook it while she's at work.

Good trade as far as I'm concerned.

Chicken Cacciatore (what’s in the house version)

- 2 lbs. boneless chicken thighs (or breasts if you’re a breast guy)
- Extra virgins olive oil
- Kosher/Sea Salt
- Black pepper
- One large onion (or more as I’m inclined)
- 3-4 large cloves garlic
- Bell peppers (or whatever kind you have around or like)
- Dry white wine (or low sodium yardbird broth for chickens)
- 2 lbs. tomatoes (or crushed tomatoes or diced tomatoes)
- Mushrooms (or if lacking these an olive mix works too) I used a four olive medley that was left over from an appetizer of olives warmed in olive oil with a dash of oregano and Italian seasoning
- Italian seasoning
- Balsamic vinegar

Salt and pepper the chicken and sear on each side in some olive oil. Does not need to be cooked through, only browned. Put on a plate for later.

Add oil, reduce heat, add onions and peppers to cook soft, then garlic. Add 3/4-1 cup white wine and leave bottle open for cook (or dinner if you insist). Simmer to reduce wine.

Add tomatoes, mushrooms/olives, seasoning, and balsamic. Simmer to cook, then add chicken and any juices back in pot, mostly submerging in sauce.

Cook 15-20 minutes or one scotch, covered, or if too wet, uncovered. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly. I’ll often add a zing surprise of something. Just enough to complement the flavors.

Serve with/over pasta, rice, or polenta, with fresh Parmesan and parsley/basil. Fresh if you’ve got it. Dried if not.

Drink the rest of the wine so as to not waste it.

P.S. for presentation purposes, the chicken can be pulled and sliced then placed back on top of the sauce.

Last edited:
Valid point, except that the big snakes and iguanas are almost all in South Florida, like Dade County and below. The only large meat reptiles in Central Florida are gators. They are good eating, but hunting is controlled pretty tightly and one can get strung up if he doesn’t follow “rules”.

The good gig is to become a registered trapper. Scared and wimpy people that buy houses on lakes call in so-called nuisance gators all the time. Trappers come and bait them so they drown, then haul them off and can keep or sell the meat and hides.

Living on a lake this chaps my ass. Typically the gators called in are no more than 7’ nose to tip of tail. That means about 60-80 lbs. max and not capable of eating more than a toy dog. Though typically they prefer ducks and turtles and shy away from human scum. 😁
I was half joking but you could just make a regular hunting trip down to some infested areas.

Well we are on hold for a delay of game.

El stupido, aka Snuby642 forgot to take the liquid out of the pan and refrigerate it to seperate the fat.

It's on speed dial in the freezer.

A couple of shots that might help the noobs. About half my pork butt pulled. No need to buy any of those bear claw things that has a primary purpose of stabbing your fingers in the gadget drawer. If cooked properly your fingers can easily do it.
20230924_151709.jpg

If you notice the little bag to the left side that is dog treats. The fat between muscle groups. It is absolutely edible and can be mixed in but I don't like the mouth feel of it.
20230924_155559.jpg

Well we are on hold for a delay of game.

El stupido, aka Snuby642 forgot to take the liquid out of the pan and refrigerate it to seperate the fat.

It's on speed dial in the freezer.

A couple of shots that might help the noobs. About half my pork butt pulled. No need to buy any of those bear claw things that has a primary purpose of stabbing your fingers in the gadget drawer. If cooked properly your fingers can easily do it.
View attachment 8234719

If you notice the little bag to the left side that is dog treats. The fat between muscle groups. It is absolutely edible and can be mixed in but I don't like the mouth feel of it.View attachment 8234726
Plus, a good dog deserves a treat now and then.

Reactions: oneshot86
Agree on the puppy pieces.

Did a whole wild boar shoulder in MOJO marinade.
Pulled it apart after it was done and saved about a pound of fats and whatnot for the hairy beggar.

I agree on the inter muscular fats. They have great flavor, but I don't like the feel of any fat, so Cherry gets all of the trimmings to include a bit of the meat that sticks.

Went the lazy route and mixed it in with a big batch of yellow rice and black beans. Added a healthy dash of Valentine's smoky hot sauce.

Nom, nom.

The cleanup crew.

20210301_163212.jpg

Agree on the puppy pieces.

Did a whole wild boar shoulder in MOJO marinade.
Pulled it apart after it was done and saved about a pound of fats and whatnot for the hairy beggar.

I agree on the inter muscular fats. They have great flavor, but I don't like the feel of any fat, so Cherry gets all of the trimmings to include a bit of the meat that sticks.

Went the lazy route and mixed it in with a big batch of yellow rice and black beans. Added a healthy dash of Valentine's smoky hot sauce.

Nom, nom.

The cleanup crew.

View attachment 8234781
That looks like a person with an attitude. Lol

Reactions: Beefmanne
Some American/Mediterranean mash up today. Pita bread, grilled chicken, feta crumbles, olive and spring medley. Sprinkle some ground red pepper and creamy ceasar dressing in there as well.
15C53744-5422-4554-8B90-4623631621D8.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes it was a good weekend.

20231014_185701.jpg

Beef ribs, pork ribs a small brisket and even a few hot dogs made it on the stick burner.

I had some pecan, mesquite lots of oak and one big hickory log and the flavor was amazing.

Everything was behind schedule due to a big northern wind running down temperatures. Hard time running it at 200 f . I had to keep opening the fire chamber door to get it running right without too much smoke.

I was up till 1:30 am fighting it.

The small brisket was finaly Crutched and took a total of 14 hours. That is a lot for a 10 pounder.

Some days I envy the pellet push button crowd but afraid the wife would take over when she figured out how to run it.

Last edited:
Yes it was a good weekend.

View attachment 8250090

Beef ribs, pork ribs a small brisket and even a few hot dogs made it on the stick burner.

I had some pecan, mesquite lots of oak and one big hickory log and the flavor was amazing.

Everything was behind schedule due to a big northern wind running down temperatures. Hard time running it at 200 f . I had to keep opening the fire chamber door to get it running right without too much smoke.

I was up till 1:30 am fighting it.

The small brisket was finaly Crutched and took a total of 14 hours. That is a lot for a 10 pounder.

Some days I envy the pellet push button crowd but afraid the wife would take over when she figured out how to run it.
Don’t be afraid of the easy bake ovens. My wife has had to start ours and put some things on a few times but has still delegated me as sole proprietor of the smoker.

Just experimented on an egg nog-like drink. Used two scoops of this protein powder
1698507069217.jpeg

Along with 2 egg yolks and some pumpkin pie spice blend. Mix everything together with milk in a blender bottle and enjoy
1698507182841.jpeg

Handy tip: This powder does mix smoothly but it takes a bit longer than some others.

So winter season has hit North Texas.

Cold front had me firing up the heater in the house and pickup for the first time this year.

Potato soup made with chicken broth, white beans a garlic sausage ring and some green onions.
20231028_203721.jpg

And now officially eggnog season as well.

Wish I had some barrel proof but the 95 rye is good.

20231029_205254.jpg

General whitetail gun season starts in 5 days, probably let kids have the hit list but a hog problem is imminent .

About a dozen bigger breaders that can be managed but the yearling population is at least three times that with a batch of smaller piglets scattered around.

This will make for a population explosion come spring.

Just got the place so work to do everywhere fence brush ceaders feeders stands

Last edited: