• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s THE "NOM NOM NOM" THREAD

ETA: she saved all of the juices from this roast so that she can make a batch of her French onion soup. It is the very best that you’ll ever have.
Let me esplain something.

So the internet is a small place, Florida is large and you can hide for a while but running only gets you sweaty.

We're gonna need full disclosure on that French onion soup buddy.

Let me esplain something.

So the internet is a small place, Florida is large and you can hide for a while but running only gets you sweaty.

We're gonna need full disclosure on that French onion soup buddy.
lol! I’ll get the real scoop from the master, in this case my wife. Then I’ll post it and see what you guys think.

Birthday dinner last night… Got too ripped, and forgot to post, LoL.

i-Znvvmqb-4K.jpg

Last night’s roast that my wife cooked up while I was helping a friend paint all day. It was superb. I commented that while the very expensive prime rib I made for Easter was very delicious, this was equally good but in another way. Each of these meats have distinct flavors.

View attachment 8391155

ETA: she saved all of the juices from this roast so that she can make a batch of her French onion soup. It is the very best that you’ll ever have.
Roast is one of my favorite meals, but this one is broken. There's nowhere near enough carrots!!

My grandmother had a knack for getting them kinda translucent almost. I could eat them for days!!

I love pot roast, especially if my wife does it in the oven instead of a crock pot.

Sometimes I use a brisket for it. Probably my favorite.

You have to seperate fat from meat and broth after cooking but very tender.

Nobody cares if it falls apart instead of slices. A good way to feed 20 people out of one big aluminum pan.

Season it, add some oinions etc. for flavor.
Cover and seal the pan with foil, do not wrap the meat like a Texas Crutch for sliced BBQ.

I do it the day / nite before low and slow till 205 F then defat and seperate broth and toss grease soaked vegetables. Potatoes, carrots etc. Cooked separate to keep fat off can be added to pan for reheat and basted with (clean) broth.

A couple extra steps but takes care of a crowd especially if on sale.

I got some shit cookin and I have a pretty amazing idea for another way to use it. Stay tuned

1712564887289.jpeg

Pulled pork grilled cheese. It was very good but it can be better. I think with a bolder cheese and/or bbq sauce, maybe some diced jalapeños mixed into the pork, it can be amazing.

I’m sure I’m not the first person to ever do this, I’ve just never done it before.

View attachment 8391496
Pulled pork grilled cheese. It was very good but it can be better. I think with a bolder cheese and/or bbq sauce, maybe some diced jalapeños mixed into the pork, it can be amazing.

I’m sure I’m not the first person to ever do this, I’ve just never done it before.

Spread a little mustard on the meat side of the bread and add pickles.

Also, use a heartier bread. Real butter for the outside.

I love stronger cheeses, but this calls for provolone or plain old Swiss.

My favorite is the Latin style roast pork, on Cuban bread.
Pressed of course.

Pressed of course.
lol, negatory on the mustard and/or pickles. Those are two things I don’t like at all

But any combo of stronger bread, cheese, & condiments sounds good

Pressed of course.
Try a smoked gouda. I've had mac&cheese made with it as a side to smoked brisket and it complemented tge BBQ nicely.

Reactions: Snuby642 and The D
Rebecca's Mac and cheese has smoked gouda, Havarti, pepper jack, white cheddar and usually whichever other cheese she decides to throw in there.
No orange colored cheese.
Add in bacon, a little cayenne and some home made bread crumbs on top.
It's like crack.

Publix has a pretty good smoked gouda mac and cheese in their deli.

Reactions: lash and The D
Try a smoked gouda. I've had mac&cheese made with it as a side to smoked brisket and it complemented tge BBQ nicely.
I made another after work that was much better. It was; low carb white bread(it’s decent stuff), loads of real butter, pulled pork with some Sweet Baby Ray’s, co-jack cheese, a few globs of Brie cheese(no rind, just the inside goop, a little bit of shaved ham to fill in some gaps, and some garlic & serrano hot sauce sprinkled in for good measure. Cooked low and slow in my cast iron to get the Brie nice and melted and dripping out the sides. This iteration was pretty amazing

I made another after work that was much better. It was; low carb white bread(it’s decent stuff), loads of real butter, pulled pork with some Sweet Baby Ray’s, co-jack cheese, a few globs of Brie cheese(no rind, just the inside goop, a little bit of shaved ham to fill in some gaps, and some garlic & serrano hot sauce sprinkled in for good measure. Cooked low and slow in my cast iron to get the Brie nice and melted and dripping out the sides. This iteration was pretty amazing
Made another of these when I got home from work and added another layer. I was able to keep myself off of it long enough to snap a pic, barely

1712702241108.jpeg

The hot sauce I sprinkled on it isn’t garlic, but it is delicious

1712702299029.jpeg

I would love the recipe for this
OK...it is a little involved but not too complicated just time-consuming.

Ingredients

1 whole beef tenderloin, cleaned and scraped - 6 to 8 pounds
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup of Olive oil
2 cups panko bread crumbs
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, and fat solids removed. It will give you about 4 tablespoons of clarified butter
3 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 cup minced shallots
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 1/2 cups of reduced beef stock (it should have body and be a little thick)
1/2 lemon
2 tablespoons parsley, minced

Method
  1. At least 24 hours before you want to cook it, place the beef tenderloin on a wire rack and salt it using Kosher salt. Let it sit in the fridge uncovered overnight. If you plan to leave it in the fridge for longer, cover it loosely with plastic wrap. You want it dry so the tenderloin caramelizes when it roasts.
  2. Heat the oven to 375 F.
  3. If the tenderloin is too big for your pan, cut it in half, or thirds. I like to truss the tenderloin so it holds a nice round shape. It also helps it cook more evenly. Do not skip the trussing
  4. Heat a heavy-bottomed pan over high heat. I like to use a big cast pan for this but any HEAVY bottom pan will do. Pepper the tenderloin with freshly ground pepper. Add the oil to the pan, just enough to give a good coating. Sear the meat quickly but make sure it is browned. Remove it from the heat.
  5. Combine the panko bread crumbs with half the melted butter, season it with salt and black pepper and half the parsley, and combine it all with a few stirs of a spoon.
  6. Once the tenderloin has cooled from the searing step, use three tablespoons of the mustard and smear it across three sides of the tenderloin, then take the tenderloin and roll the three sides into the breadcrumbs, creating a nice thick crust.
  7. In a saucepan, add the remaining butter. Place the pan over medium-high heat and sweat the shallots. Do not brown them. Once the shallots are tender, add the wine and let it reduce to 1 tablespoon or so.
  8. Add the stock and the mustard and reduce the volume by half. The sauce should coat the back of a spoon nicely. If it's too thick add a splash of water.
  9. Place the tenderloin, uncrusted side down, on a baking sheet with sides.
  10. Bake the tenderloin until the center reaches 120 degrees F for rare or 130 degrees F for medium rare. The temperature will be higher as you move away from the center so guests who like it cooked more can get their preference.
  11. Remove it from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes.
  12. Add the parsley to the sauce and warm it, add a splash of lemon juice. Either ladle the sauce onto the bottom of a warm serving platter or put it in a gravy boat to serve on the side. Fan out the tenderloin on the platter.
  13. Serve immediately.
If you want to add the bone marrow part then BEFORE you start with step two above, preheat oven to 450 degrees. Put beef marrow bones, cut side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet or in an ovenproof skillet. Cook until the marrow is soft and has begun to separate from the bone about 15 minutes. (Stop before marrow begins to drizzle out). Let the oven cool and then proceed with step two. Scrape the marrow into the pan at step 8 and whisk to incorporate.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
OK...it is a little involved but not too complicated just time-consuming.

Ingredients

1 whole beef tenderloin, cleaned and scraped - 6 to 8 pounds
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup of Olive oil
2 cups panko bread crumbs
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, and fat solids removed. It will give you about 4 tablespoons of clarified butter
3 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 cup minced shallots
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 1/2 cups of reduced beef stock (it should have body and be a little thick)
1/2 lemon
2 tablespoons parsley, minced

Method
  1. At least 24 hours before you want to cook it, place the beef tenderloin on a wire rack and salt it using Kosher salt. Let it sit in the fridge uncovered overnight. If you plan to leave it in the fridge for longer, cover it loosely with plastic wrap. You want it dry so the tenderloin caramelizes when it roasts.
  2. Heat the oven to 375 F.
  3. If the tenderloin is too big for your pan, cut it in half, or thirds. I like to truss the tenderloin so it holds a nice round shape. It also helps it cook more evenly. Do not skip the trussing
  4. Heat a heavy-bottomed pan over high heat. I like to use a big cast pan for this but any HEAVY bottom pan will do. Pepper the tenderloin with freshly ground pepper. Add the oil to the pan, just enough to give a good coating. Sear the meat quickly but make sure it is browned. Remove it from the heat.
  5. Combine the panko bread crumbs with half the melted butter, season it with salt and black pepper and half the parsley, and combine it all with a few stirs of a spoon.
  6. Once the tenderloin has cooled from the searing step, use three tablespoons of the mustard and smear it across three sides of the tenderloin, then take the tenderloin and roll the three sides into the breadcrumbs, creating a nice thick crust.
  7. In a saucepan, add the remaining butter. Place the pan over medium-high heat and sweat the shallots. Do not brown them. Once the shallots are tender, add the wine and let it reduce to 1 tablespoon or so.
  8. Add the stock and the mustard and reduce the volume by half. The sauce should coat the back of a spoon nicely. If it's too thick add a splash of water.
  9. Place the tenderloin, uncrusted side down, on a baking sheet with sides.
  10. Bake the tenderloin until the center reaches 120 degrees F for rare or 130 degrees F for medium rare. The temperature will be higher as you move away from the center so guests who like it cooked more can get their preference.
  11. Remove it from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes.
  12. Add the parsley to the sauce and warm it, add a splash of lemon juice. Either ladle the sauce onto the bottom of a warm serving platter or put it in a gravy boat to serve on the side. Fan out the tenderloin on the platter.
  13. Serve immediately.
If you want to add the bone marrow part then BEFORE you start with step two above, preheat oven to 450 degrees. Put beef marrow bones, cut side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet or in an ovenproof skillet. Cook until the marrow is soft and has begun to separate from the bone about 15 minutes. (Stop before marrow begins to drizzle out). Let the oven cool and then proceed with step two. Scrape the marrow into the pan at step 8 and whisk to incorporate.

Enjoy!
Thanks

Reactions: lash