• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s THE "NOM NOM NOM" THREAD

1J04

Lost Squirrel
Minuteman
  • Aug 7, 2011
    PNW WA
    Gonna have to start getting this over here. Thank God it's only 11 pages. :confused:

Reactions: Veer_G
    Well so much for copy paste entire pages. Won't do it.

I made some cookie dough cupcakes recently that had buttermilk cookie dough frosting. First time ever making them. Those fuckers were like crack!! Soooo good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made some cookie dough cupcakes recently that had buttermilk cookie dough frosting. First time ever making them. Those fuckers were like crack!! Soooo good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Anchovies? Always Anchovies !!!! :p

Page One of Nom, Nom, Nom from our brutal time of trials and tribulations under the evil hegemony of the wicked Microsoft/CBS Overlords. Pictures and video are problematic, and will be backfilled as time allows, as will the other 10 pages of thread. bear in mind that this was 29 pages in MS Word.

A1J04

X
    First Sergeant
    Rating: 3.0/5 this site
    5745 posts this site
    The Nom Nom Nom Thread
    03/27/2016
    (2 votes)

Let's just do this.
    Post up your recipes, vids, photos, youtube goodies of others, hell, the whole gambit. Some of you have in the past posted up some pretty nice grub ideas. Get your culinary on !!
    Just about lunch time and I've been thinking about Chicken, Taters, n salad for some reason. Then I came across these vids. I've done the Taters n Chicken like this many times and enjoyed the heck outta of it. Just never did the Kaymak, not that I wouldn't give it a whirl.
    So here's a couple simple ones to start it off. If you can watch these without your mouth watering, you've already ate. (or eaten)?
    Or maybe Burgers or Steak? Salmon Steaks are sounding pretty good to, and Halibut, Lingcod................
    Rate now:
    GenochristX
    First Sergeant
    Rating: 3.6/5 this site
    2141 posts this site
    Re: The Nom Nom Nom Thread
    03/27/2016
    Nachos?
    [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-linkurl":"http:\/\/s266.photobucket.com\/user\/genogunsmithing\/media\/Mobile%20Uploads\/2015-12\/D9E21446-2498-45CF-8A21-4EEADA421C3E.png.html","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/s266.photobucket.com\/user\/genogunsmithing\/media\/Mobile%20Uploads\/2015-12\/D9E21446-2498-45CF-8A21-4EEADA421C3E.png.html"}[/IMG2]

Rate now:
    GenochristX
    First Sergeant
    2141 posts this site
    03/27/2016
    Or a summer time favorite, funnel cakes:)
    [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/s266.photobucket.com\/user\/genogunsmithing\/media\/Mobile%20Uploads\/2014-07\/D44B17BF-4938-4B02-A894-06D14845AE3B.jpg.html"}[/IMG2]

Rate now:
    tucker301

X
    Rating: 3.3/5 this site
    10046 posts this site
    03/27/2016
    (3 votes)

Rate now:
    A1J04

X
    First Sergeant
    5745 posts this site
    03/27/2016 Last edited 03/27/2016 by A1J04
    (1 vote)

tucker301 wrote:
    You, my man, are absolutely on your "A" game !!!! I love her titties I do I do I do.

edit: I also like the way she attempts to eat and swallow too. You filthy Animal.
    Rate now:
    A1J04

X
    First Sergeant
    5745 posts this site
    03/27/2016
    (1 vote)

Corn Chip Nachos? Oh Hell Yessssss.
    Rate now:
    A1J04

X
    First Sergeant
    5745 posts this site
    03/27/2016 Last edited 03/27/2016 by A1J04
    (1 vote)

Rate now:
    sirhrmechanic

X
    First Sergeant
    11040 posts this site
    03/27/2016 Last edited 03/27/2016 by sirhrmechanic

Go Directly to tits. Do not pass Go. Do not collect Two Hundred Dollars...
    Sums this thread up about right...
    That said, I've gotten some good food tips from SH... so keep the good stuff coming!
    Rate now:
    pteranadon

X
    First Sergeant
    Rating: 3.1/5 this site
    1963 posts this site
    03/27/2016

OK: Mexican spaghetti:

I never cook in exact measurements so my recipes require some thought.

Saute some chopped celery and white onion in a little bit of olive oil
    Add diced chicken and cook until chicken is done.
    On lower heat add:
    cream of mushroom soup, white velvetta cheese, fresh mushroom, and rotel hot dice tom and chili and a bit of milk to thin it out.

Use fettuccini noodles- not spaghetti noodles.
    Rate now:
    GenochristX
    First Sergeant
    2141 posts this site
    03/27/2016

Ok if you're wanting something different that will be the best you've ever had, this is my grandmas pancake recipe that I remember from growing up and blew my away the first time she made it when I was an adult. Mix the wet stuff first and sift the dry stuff together and add the the wet. Mix but leave lumpy. If you mix it smooth they are not anywhere near the same.

Rate now:
    sirhrmechanic

X
    First Sergeant
    11040 posts this site
    03/27/2016 Last edited 03/27/2016 by sirhrmechanic

Bacon Turtles.
    Make a large-ish burger patty with lean ground beef or ground sirloin.
    Take 3 hot-dogs. Slice two in half and insert in the burger patty as legs
    Take the third hot dog and use half to make a head, then slice the remaining half obliquely to make the tail.
    Top with slices of sharp cheddar.
    Wrap in bacon weave.
    Grill in a very hot BBQ until done to desired level of rarity.
    Place on bun and serve.
    Recommend that you serve within easy reach of an Automatic Electronic Defibrillator.
    I made these a few years ago... the picture above is the turtles just getting ready to go in the BBQ... nom nom nom indeed!

^^^ These are someone else's... but you get the idea.
    Rate now:
    bp7178X
    Gunny Sergeant
    Rating: 3.2/5 this site
    500 posts this site
    03/27/2016 Last edited 03/27/2016 by bp7178

Genochrist wrote: Ok if you're wanting something different that will be the best you've ever had, this is my grandmas pancake recipe that I remember from growing up and blew my away the first time she made it when I was an adult. Mix the wet stuff first and sift the dry stuff together and add the the wet. Mix but leave lumpy. If you mix it smooth they are not anywhere near the same.
    I'd mix the sugar with the wet stuff. What her process is describing is known as the muffin method, when all wet ingredients and mixed, then combined with the dry. Sugar is always considered a wet ingredient.
    Mix by folding it over and over for no more than a good 10 count. To do otherwise forms gluten, which makes them very tough.
    Rate now:
    GenochristX
    First Sergeant
    2141 posts this site
    03/28/2016

She did it for 80+ years this way and it works for me. Only thing I've ever done different was to all pecans. The acid of the butter milk reacts with he base of the baking soda to make them fluffy. I don't know about the gluten thing, but, mixing them smooth makes them tough so that very well could be the reason
    Rate now:
    bp7178X
    Gunny Sergeant
    Rating: 3.2/5 this site
    500 posts this site
    03/28/2016

The soda acts as a leavening. Makes nice bubbles in the mixing bowl. Double acting baking soda will make a second rise when it get warm on the griddle.
    Gluten is what happens when you agitate wheat proteins in the presence of water. It is what makes bread chewy.
    Rate now:
    MorlupoX
    Private
    45 posts this site
    03/30/2016
    (1 vote)

Prime Rib. One of God's signs He loves us:

Given the hatred for my boy Mark LaRue, please don't hold the Dillo Dust against me. ;)
    Bring prime rib to room temp. (BTW, only prime beef can be called prime rib. Everything else is just a rib roast but anyway...)
    Fill the bottom of the roasting pan with diced red and Yukon gold potatoes and onions. Add olive oil, black pepper and salt. Then set roast on rack.
    Oven at 375. I do 15min per pound but I use an internal thermometer. I bring the center to 115 and rest/carryover will take it to 120. This one is 125. The guests didn't care for as rare as I usually make it so HH6 made me cook it a bit more. Normally I like it rare enough that if a trauma surgeon were there, he could revive the cattle.
    Your potatoes will not be crisp so while the roast rests I crank the Wolf to 500 for a few minutes.
    The mushrooms are just buttons sliced and cooked in olive oil with spoonfuls of minced garlic.
    Enjoy.
    Rate now:
    marinevet1X
    Sergeant
    199 posts this site
    03/30/2016

Morlupo wrote:
    Prime Rib. One of God's signs He loves us:

Given the hatred for my boy Mark LaRue, please don't hold the Dillo Dust against me. ;)
    Bring prime rib to room temp. (BTW, only prime beef can be called prime rib. Everything else is just a rib roast but anyway...)
    Fill the bottom of the roasting pan with diced red and Yukon gold potatoes and onions. Add olive oil, black pepper and salt. Then set roast on rack.
    Oven at 375. I do 15min per pound but I use an internal thermometer. I bring the center to 115 and rest/carryover will take it to 120. This one is 125. The guests didn't care for as rare as I usually make it so HH6 made me cook it a bit more. Normally I like it rare enough that if a trauma surgeon were there, he could revive the cattle.
    Your potatoes will not be crisp so while the roast rests I crank the Wolf to 500 for a few minutes.
    The mushrooms are just buttons sliced and cooked in olive oil with spoonfuls of minced garlic.
    Enjoy.
    got any horseradish to go with that? looks good
    Rate now:
    MorlupoX
    Private
    45 posts this site
    03/30/2016

Yes Sir. Big Polish population a couple of towns over. I get my horseradish from one of their grocery stores. Blow the back of your head off good. Prime rib needs horseradish for sure.
    Rate now:
    jaia2X
    Gunny Sergeant
    733 posts this site
    04/02/2016 Last edited 04/02/2016 by jaia2

chicken fried bacon, just because
    Rate now:
    A1J04

X
    First Sergeant
    5745 posts this site
    04/03/2016
    (1 vote)

Hella nice job on the Prime Rib man. Salivary Glands be like "Whaaa".
    Rate now:
    VeerG

X
    Pain in the Butt
    6475 posts this site
    04/03/2016 Last edited 04/03/2016 by VeerG

Galbi jjim (갈비찜)

The threadmeister asked me to wade on in and prime the pump of creativity, so here's a little number to soak up a few of your hours in the kitchen. You may want to detail the missus, but this is some seriously good dude food.
    Galbi jjim is a Korean braised short rib dish with starchy vegetables, fairly like a stew, that is traditionally served during their harvest festival in the fall.
    Every town has its variant, some sweet, some savory, some spicy, some a mix of two, or all three.
    Having just splurged on a higher-end pair of 12 qt. All-Clad stockpots to replace some failing veterans bought from TJ Maxx years ago, this was the baptism that I settled on.
    Mine came out looking like this:

Possible ingredients
    I say "possible" because not everyone lives near a large concentration of Asians, let alone Koreans, and no, the cuisines of various regions/countries are dissimilar enough that Asian markets don't stock identical items.
    Anyway, I'll bold the "gotta have" items and include the optional ones. Here goes:

Short ribs, cut to 3" lengths, 5 to 6 lbs. (if you can, buy them at a Korean grocery store, you'll find them both fresh and frozen and specially cut)
    Water, it comes out of the faucet
    Cooking wine (white), or soju, a Korean alcoholic bev a bit like schnapps or sake
    Apple vinegar, or, better yet, rice wine vinegar
    Soy sauce
    Black peppercorns
    Brown sugar, or plain molasses
    Garlic (get the real stuff)
    Green onions
    White or yellow onions
    Sesame oil (I'd like to say that it's essential. Get the non-dark, regular stuff if you can.)
    Carrots (get some fat-ass ones, over an inch and a half at the base)
    Daikon, or Korean radish (I know that daikon itself may be well off the radar, but do try to find it)
    "Boiling" potatoes
    Sweet potato (get one that's long and somewhat skinny. Some of the Korean ones are interesting. They're PURPLE inside)
    Asian mushrooms (try to get dried black Chinese, but dried shiitake work here, too)
    Fish sauce (known as nuoc mam in Vietnamese, it may be a tough get for some. Don't let them try to sell you nuoc cham, which is a light-colored dipping sauce with red pepper flakes for spring and summer rolls. What you want is really dark. More info: food-hacks.wonderhowto.com/inspiration/weird-ingredient-wednesday-fish-sauce-the-ultimate-umami-bomb-0159854 ... I use "Golden Boy")
    Corn syrup (the Korean stuff is called "mul yeot." I doubt that it's much different)
    Serrano pepper/s, or Korean hot red pepper paste (the Korean stuff imparts an unmatchable flavor. You can find another source for heat, but make sure that it's not full of UFOs, "unidentified floating objects")
    Asian pear/s (not completely a deal-breaker, you can get away with using Anjou, but they're a little sweet)
    Ginger, julienned
    Chestnuts, shelled
    Jujubes (red dates) (if you're in a Korean shop, they're called "daechu")
    Pine nuts, toasted
    Sesame seeds

Preparation
    1. Take out your fresh or thawed short ribs (get the ones with the mound of meat on top of the bone) and trim as much of the fat off as you can. Then, crosshatch-cut into the meat about halfway down to the bone. We're doing this to get the blood out of the meat (Koreans are a bit hung-up about consuming blood) and to let the end-of-the-recipe braising do its thing and push the flavor into the meat, as well as soften it.
    2. Refrigerate the short ribs in an ice-water bath for 4-5 hours, or overnight. Change the water out at least four times, and rinse the short ribs to remove blood.
    3. Drain the chilled short ribs. At this point, you set them up for a two-hour (see step 4 NOW) covered simmer, occasionally spooning out and discarding the foam that gathers at the top of the pot. (Some recipes suggest reserving a strained cup of the post-simmer beef juice for the sauce.) Make sure to use a heavy-bottomed stock pot, 10 qt. minimum. Once the short ribs have simmered, stop the cooking process in an ice bath, and then return them to the fridge for four hours, covered and in their cooled-down pot liquid, and then remove gelled fat from the top of the pot when you pull them. Alternately, you can also boil the short ribs for 10 minutes instead, to reduce the overall prep time, but they might toughen.
    4. While the short ribs are simmering, start the sauce preparation. First, soak the mushrooms in hot water for at least 45 minutes, remove them from the mushroom liquid, and pat dry. Reserve a half-cup of the leftover mushroom liquid, straining out the floaty bits. For the sauce, combine approximately 1 cup of water, 1 cup of cooking wine/soju, 1 cup of soy sauce, 1/2 cup of reserved mushroom liquid, 1/4 cup vinegar (please, no red!), 2 tbsp. of fish sauce, if you got it, 1 chopped bulb of garlic, 4 bias-chopped scallions in 2" lengths, less the root end and the very top of the leaves, a little less than half the mushrooms (note: if you're using baby shiitake, use 20 total in the dish, if big, floppy Chinese black ones, a dozen), brown sugar (1/2 cup) or (NOT BOTH) plain molasses (2 tbsp.), 1 or 2 serrano peppers, side slit but whole, (or the Korean hot pepper paste, 1 tbsp.), 1 large (or 1 1/2 small) Asian pear, ground up (if you don't grind it, you'll have to strain it into the dish later) with a small onion (no skin or root ends, thanks), and 1 level tbsp. black whole peppercorns. Whisk it together, pot it, bring to boil, reduce to simmer, covered for 30-40 minutes.
    5. Start the vegetable prep. The idea here is uniformity of size. (Note: Koreans abhor scuzzed up, cloudy broths, so they don't (unless they're lazy) let the veggies go in with 90° cut edges. Everything gets rounded off on 30° bevels to avoid edge breakage.) We're going to need 6-8 finely chopped cloves of garlic, 1 medium rough-chopped onion, 3-4 green onions prepped as for the sauce, 3 large carrots, 1 small-to-medium daikon, 1 small-to-medium sweet potato, chopped in about 1.5-2" lengths. If using Asian radish, cube 3/4 lb. of it at about 1.5", like the 3-4 medium boiling potatoes. If you've acquired the red dates, ginger, and chestnuts, in they go: 10, 1 tbsp. julienne, and 10, shelled. Hold everything to the side, together. I like excess veggies. Explore the pot space.
    6. Place your ready vegetables in the bottom of a heavy-bottom stock pot, 10 qt. minimum. Pull and drain the short ribs, rinse them once more, and then place them in the stock pot. Reserve mushrooms from sauce, chop to bite size if needed, and then add to rest of the mushrooms, in with veggies and short ribs. Strain the sauce over the assembled ingredients in the stock pot, taking care to press out the moisture. We're looking to braise, not stew, so we're trying to cook from underneath, and from above with steam, so a liquid level that just about comes up level with the ingredients is fine. Adjust with small measures of liquid sauce ingredients if necessary. This isn't quite science. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cover for 45 minutes to an hour.
    7. Uncover, raise to a boil, and thicken up the sauce. Stir carefully, trying not to break the beef off of the bone. Drizzle "mul yeot" and sesame oil lightly over dish to glaze and mix about. Serve in a large open bowl, with white rice. Traditional toppings are toasted pine nuts and sesame seeds.

Videos
    Slightly loopy chick:
    Two pro chefs, "semi-Iron," slightly different procedure:

Rate now:
    A1J04

X
    First Sergeant
    5745 posts this site
    04/03/2016
    (1 vote)

Helluva nice write up Veer. Thx for taking the time to put that together for us in this awesome thread sumyunguy started. Hardly any prodding either.
    That is an awesome dish and Mrs 1J04 and I will have to do this one up before it gets to hot out to enjoy this one.
    Ate a lot of different dishes during my 6 or 7 trips to Korea and this dandy looking dish will be a first as far as memory serves me.
    +1 on choice of ingredients and trying to keep it authentic. The Mrs would agree 100%.
    Rate now:
    MorlupoX
    Private
    45 posts this site
    04/03/2016

Korean short ribs are the heat. Those look awesome. I like the recipe idea too. I'll post a couple up.
    Rate now:
    VeerG

X
    Pain in the Butt
    6475 posts this site
    04/06/2016

More on Korean stuff: Loopy chick on a 40 minute disorganized ramble through a Korean grocery store in LA talking about food and drink items. At one point, I think she gets a cease and desist brushback but just keeps on going.
    Rate now:
    DarksideSix

X
    First Sergeant
    2209 posts this site
    04/06/2016
    (1 vote)

I've been really enjoying this guys recipies for traditional Italian food. guy is hilarious too!

cooking with Pasqual
    Rate now:
    A1J04

X
    First Sergeant
    5745 posts this site
    04/06/2016
    (1 vote)

DarksideSix wrote:
    I've been really enjoying this guys recipies for traditional Italian food. guy is hilarious too!

cooking with Pasqual
    Nice. Just happen to have bout 40lbs of Elk Kielbasa remaining. Always looking for other ways to enjoy it. Wouldn't ya or couldn't ya put that over some pasta? And those are nice Tongs, gotta a couple. Just don't try to lift something to big like a steak on the grill with them, they'll bend the tips over. Oh, and Beer. I always boil Kielbasa in Beer like Brats. Thx for the post DS. Does look Nom.
    Rate now:
    lashlaroe

X
    52 Months
    Premium Member
    First Sergeant
    Rating: 3.5/5 this site
    3321 posts this site
    04/19/2016

On- the go breakfast for any given match day and sometimes just before going to range on a Saturday morning. It's called Egg Thing. Two eggs cooked with cheese and a bread product of some sort, cheese or cheese on top. Then anything else that is in 'fridge that seems right for my mood.

A few samples (pics taken in darkish kitchen at early hours of morning.

Caesar's Stuffed Bac-a-Egg Thing

Dark German Egg Thing

Hamand Swiss Egg Thing

Itsa Roni! Egg Thing

Waffle Waffle Egg Thing

There's more. I gross out my children by sending them pics early AM of these...
    Rate now:
    A1J04

X
    First Sergeant
    5745 posts this site
    04/19/2016
    (1 vote)

That's awesome Lash. My boys live together bout 40 mins away. Their Mother is a very very special and kind person. Me. Not so much. She cooks damn near everything under the sun and they miss the heck outta it. When she travels through their town she'll still drop off some of Mommy's home cook'n. Me, I just send them pictures when I know there ain't gonna be no leftovers and tell'm just how good it "was". They're finding out what it's like to have champagne taste on a beer budget, and what it takes to make good Nom Nom.
    Rate now:
    07yzryderX
    First Sergeant
    1537 posts this site
    04/19/2016 Last edited 04/19/2016 by 07yzryder

VeerG wrote:
    More on Korean stuff: Loopy chick on a 40 minute disorganized ramble through a Korean grocery store in LA talking about food and drink items. At one point, I think she gets a cease and desist brushback but just keeps on going.
    korean cooking use this channel.

korean cooking channel
    Rate now:
    Maser209

X
    The Legend
    Rating: 2.1/5 this site
    2053 posts this site
    04/19/2016
    (1 vote)

Rate now:
    SHoneshot86X
    First Sergeant
    2113 posts this site
    you are going to hate me, but so what,,,
    04/29/2016

my beautiful partner in crime, made me a fabulous corned beef sandwich...
    holy dog shit...
    that was good...

dont be a hater cause i just killed your stomach...i,m a sucker for a good sandwich...
    should i be daring and drink a cold beer in celebration???
    why yes, i think i should, stand by...
    truly the bonus program...

Nomenclature helps, too. That isn't a bisque. Not ... at ... all.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
    [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i288.photobucket.com\/albums\/ll197\/mporche1976\/20161215_143837_zpsmm69jm0o.jpg"}[/IMG2] Homade smoked deer sausage.

I've been eating very healthy for the last year and making a lot of smoothies. My personal favorite

8oz fairlife choc milk (has to be fairlife)
    1 scoop ON milk choc protein powder
    1/2 cup of quick oats
    1 pack of Starbucks instant coffee
    add my supplements (creatine, etc)
    1/2 cup of crushed ice

bam... protein mocha

I've been eating very healthy for the last year and making a lot of smoothies. My personal favorite

8oz fairlife choc milk (has to be fairlife)
    1 scoop ON milk choc protein powder
    1/2 cup of quick oats
    1 pack of Starbucks instant coffee
    add my supplements (creatine, etc)
    1/2 cup of crushed ice

bam... protein mocha

And just a splash of

baileys_original_irish_cream.jpg

Bam !!! ;)

Wife's rendition of Curry Beef n Rice for lunch. Mmmmmm

gpCVeBa.jpg

ARzmcu5.jpg

Damn that looks pretty good. Just the right thickness as well - nothing worse than a bunch of flavored beef water trickling down the back of your vittle trap.

Thread needed a bump... and this is genius!!!

I'll see your diabetic delight, and raise you some Rib Eye n Zinfandel...............

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/uGseZdy.jpg"}[/IMG2]

That does look good... though when I first read it, I thought I was reading "Ribeye in Zinfandel." And at that thought I threw up a little.

But then I re-read it and all was good!

Nice looking steak. Red meat is good for mending broken bones and replacing blood-loss, too!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Mmm ... Korean beer food. I don't drink beer any more, but I still love all the variations on BBQ.

This is a pretty simple stir-fry dish that can go from prep to plate in less than 30 minutes if you've got reasonable "kukri skills." KnowwhatI'msayin'?

You'll need:

1.5-2 lbs. of pork belly, in .25" slices, without the excess outer skin

5GlGgSs.jpg?1.jpg

1 medium to large onion, sliced
    3 stalks of scallion, medium chopped
    5-6 garlic cloves, minced
    .5 teaspoons ginger, minced
    1 chopped green chili

uMdbxbi.jpg?1.jpg

.33 cups Korean "gochujang" pepper paste

aI4zuL8.jpg?1.jpg

2 tablespoons Korean hot pepper flakes
    2 tablespoons Korean brown sugar
    .5 teaspoons black pepper

CChBAzm.jpg?1.jpg
    1 tablespoon soy sauce
    2 teaspoons sesame oil

Vx6g72t.jpg?1.jpg

Pile the ingredients up in your pan, and throw on the high heat. Give it a constant stir, and then ten to fifteen minutes later, when the pork is done and the onions are nicely see-through and somewhat mushed ...

aOOmiCz.jpg?2.jpg

... plate it up over white rice, or serve it with leaf lettuce to make wraps.

Delicious!

Attachments

• 5GlGgSs.jpg?1.jpg
      5GlGgSs.jpg?1.jpg
      70.8 KB · Views: 178
    • uMdbxbi.jpg?1.jpg
      uMdbxbi.jpg?1.jpg
      61.9 KB · Views: 160
    Reactions: acudaowner
    Mmm ... Korean beer food. I don't drink beer any more, but I still love all the variations on BBQ.

This is a pretty simple stir-fry dish that can go from prep to plate in less than 30 minutes if you've got reasonable "kukri skills." KnowwhatI'msayin'?

You'll need:

1.5-2 lbs. of pork belly, in .25" slices, without the excess outer skin

1 medium to large onion, sliced
    3 stalks of scallion, medium chopped
    5-6 garlic cloves, minced
    .5 teaspoons ginger, minced
    1 chopped green chili

.33 cups Korean "gochujang" pepper paste

2 tablespoons Korean hot pepper flakes
    2 tablespoons Korean brown sugar
    .5 teaspoons black pepper

1 tablespoon soy sauce
    2 teaspoons sesame oil

Pile the ingredients up in your pan, and throw on the high heat. Give it a constant stir, and then ten to fifteen minutes later, when the pork is done and the onions are nicely see-through and somewhat mushed ...

... plate it up over white rice, or serve it with leaf lettuce to make wraps.

Delicious!

Damn that certainly looks good. And thanks for taking the time to put that together for us.

Looks like some damn nice Happy Sow............

K5etp8v.gif

• Haha
    Reactions: acudaowner
    The Korean name is jeyuk bokkeum.

Copy that my friend. Appreciated.

So, you don't like my pig? I laughed my ass off by myself in the wee hours when I came accross that.:eek:

Copy that my friend. Appreciated.

So, you don't like my pig? I laughed my ass off by myself in the wee hours when I came accross that.:eek:

The swine is fine. I'd seen it before.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GYF8BKwZj5g?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1KgUjsIRV6I?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My eldest Son just texted say'n he picked up a couple Butchers Cut Rib Eye Steaks for him and his Brother. Gave me the entire low down on step by step on how he was gonna do'm up after a 3 and a half hour sit at room temp. He's a Chip off the ole block he is. Turned out exactly how the 3 of us like'm. Mom isn't into the medium rare thing. Doesn't matter what it is, gotta be well done. My Mother was the same way. She'd turn Porch Chops into Hockey Pucks.

Jhhpth1.jpg

IlL7WPU.jpg

Crappie fillets for supper tonight.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i752.photobucket.com\/albums\/xx164\/rthur\/DSC02906.jpg"}[/IMG2]

R

Last edited: