• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s THE "NOM NOM NOM" THREAD

Bar-S brand is what I usually do. Just lips and butts bologna nothing special.
I remove the casing and use apple wood to smoke with at 225 degrees. I will leave it in for around two hours. Sometimes a little while more. Depending on the color.
What kind of bologna? I tried some German bologna. Didn’t get as good as I was hoping. Maybe I didn’t have it on long enough, about an hour and a half.

Thanks

Reactions: Snuby642
Wife made me a stromboli last nite. It was her first one.
20210309_203019.jpg

Back to baloney.

Many ways to get it the way you want. Luckily the end pieces can be hacked on for a test bite as you go along.

They also serve as shut up snacks which are usefull.

A batch of pork and beef ribs rocking slower than normal due to howling wind and leftover wood.

The pork ribs will get pulled to make room for a small brisket later.

Brisket on sale around here are commercial rejects. Less than 14lb and over 16lb for consistant cook times.

You have to be careful about shoving a small brisket too hard especially at the end or they will continue cooking and blow all the juice out quickly.

The big fatties take a long time and you can shove them harder but you have to hold them at magic hour longer to get all the fat rendered.

It's a cheapskate game I have played for a long time but getting pretty good at it. Lol

20210310_145506.jpg

In case your wondering what to do with those pork rib chine bones from post # 3106.

Some people like gnawing around on them for the tasety bits, meh.

Toss a couple in a pot of beans after the hard boiling is over. Warm them up and let simmer for a while.

Pull them and the meat will pull off easily. Do not boil them at any point, they will dry out fall apart and you will have dried meat and bones in the beans.

Reactions: lash
So the poor little overlooked 11lb brisket in the sale bin finally found a loving home.

Wind was a problem for temperature control in the stick burner.
20210311_143744.jpg

I had to pull it earlier than normal so the smoke ring is not impressive but flavor was still good. Juicy and tender.

Don't shove a skinny too hard and they will be fine.
20210311_144049.jpg

So the poor little overlooked 11lb brisket in the sale bin finally found a loving home.

Wind was a problem for temperature control in the stick burner.
View attachment 7579177

I had to pull it earlier than normal so the smoke ring is not impressive but flavor was still good. Juicy and tender.

Don't shove a skinny too hard and they will be fine.View attachment 7579181
Now you gone and done it. I’m salivating here! 👍🏻👍🏻

easy creamy dijon sauce...
make a roux (butter and flour) like the start of gravy you would make with drippings.
cook the roux a little bit so it isn't like raw flour...a minute or two is fine
wisk in a pint of heavy cream
add some dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
only a couple tablespoons will give it some flavor but you can add to taste.
simmer over low heat to thicken.

I like to use the yellow mustard. Gives it a little tanginess. Also a clove or so of diced garlic in the rue. Then I add a cup of parmesan cheese after the milk/cream and wisk till it thickens.
easy creamy dijon sauce...
make a roux (butter and flour) like the start of gravy you would make with drippings.
cook the roux a little bit so it isn't like raw flour...a minute or two is fine
wisk in a pint of heavy cream
add some dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
only a couple tablespoons will give it some flavor but you can add to taste.
simmer over low heat to thicken.

Left over brisket.

20210313_163041.jpg

20210313_183558.jpg

Massa, shredded beef, pork or chicken.
20210313_190006.jpg
20210313_195158.jpg

Steam about an hour.

Some people like the smoked meat in thier tomales.

20210313_185652.jpg

Personally I prefer slow roasted pulled pork shoulder without smoke in mine. I season a pork butt with fajita seasoning onions and peppers and cook at 250 till it hits 200 internal. It's the best

I do the meat and chile sauce the wife does the technical stuff.

Last edited:
PXL_20210321_222311895.jpg

Kinda hard to tell what's in there from the picture.
Boil the spaghetti and add heavy cream and parmesan cheese then mix it well.
Put half in the bottom of the dish and add a layer of sliced mozzarella. On top of that is a layer of chicken breast that's been breaded and fried to golden brown. Another layer of sliced mozzarella then the remaining spaghetti. Cover the dish with marinara sauce and shedded mozzarella on top of that.
Bake it for 30 min at 350.

Well that sounds pretty cool if you think of chicken parmigiana.

Chicken parmigiana lasagna?
I'm in.

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
Chicken cordon bleu with a cream sauce that has a touch of mustard.

View attachment 7582395
Nice! I made cordon bleu for the first time a couple weeks ago and it rocked. I used a chicken stock based gravy, but this looks good.
Some people like the smoked meat in thier tomales.

View attachment 7585602

Personally I prefer slow roasted pulled pork shoulder without smoke in mine. I season a pork butt with fajita seasoning onions and peppers and cook at 250 till it hits 200 internal. It's the best

I do the meat and chile sauce the wife does the technical stuff.
Have you tried Saizon seasoning on the pork shoulder? I’ve started using it lately and like it a lot.

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
Thanks for the heads up on the Saizon brand. I see it in the stores and will try some.

16167667342433614745015301833456.jpg

I have a lot of spices and mix / add and blend from scratch but these four items are indispensable.

The Dale's is similar to Alegro with better stronger flavors.

The others are stand alone but I add things like extra chile powder depending on the direction of the meal.

If you are going for a long marinade cut the Dale's with water.

Thanks for the heads up on the Saizon brand. I see it in the stores and will try some.

View attachment 7590866
I have a lot of spices and mix / add and blend from scratch but these four items are indispensable.

The Dale's is similar to Alegro with better stronger flavors.

The others are stand alone but I add things like extra chile powder depending on the direction of the meal.

If you are going for a long marinade cut the Dale's with water.
The Uncle Chris' Steak Seasoning is by far my favorite. Bolners meat market in San Antonio turned me onto it in 2015 though I think that in store it was marketed under a different name. I do like the dales marinade but prefer Andria's steak sauce.

Reactions: Snuby642
For a fantastic burger try this.

1 & 1/2 lbs burger.
1/2 standard pkg of bacon raw chopped.
1 can of Hatch chilies.
About 2 tablespoons of Uncle Cris.
Cheese is optional inside or on top, same with diced onion. Mix by hand.

Make 1/3 lb burgers.

Cheese inside burns and melts out unless you get high temperature stuff, so I put mine on top. You can use hotter peppers but you can grill those and add per order same with onions.

No. It is not a meat loaf, get over it.

Broiled chicken breast stuffed with smoked Gouda. A few argentine shrimp on the side. Probably throw that salad in the trash.

Attachments

• E09F27FF-312E-46AC-8990-D5DFF604B931.jpeg
    E09F27FF-312E-46AC-8990-D5DFF604B931.jpeg
    651 KB · Views: 38
Birfday dinner fir the wiff. Twice baked taters and filets on the grill. The butcher shop makes the taters and they are pretty dang good
2768A621-5B25-4C37-8768-B7C0AB9B3234.jpeg

Reactions: Snuby642 and 1J04
Maui Maui tacos at work tonight.
What is the difference in the maui tacos as apposed to mahi-mahi tacos?

Or if your from Texas Dorado.

Anyway one of the sweetest best grilled fish, ceviche or sushi and fun to catch.

Reactions: 1J04 and lash
Can't help myself for bragging about this one.

Standard baked potato, peppers and onions spiced, buttered and grilled. I helped doing vegetables and seasoning steaks, getting the grill ready.

Then my wife proceaded to cook me the perfect rare New York strip steak.

It's been a good day.

20210407_205427.jpg

Can't help myself for bragging about this one.

Standard baked potato, peppers and onions spiced, buttered and grilled. I helped doing vegetables and seasoning steaks, getting the grill ready.

Then my wife proceaded to cook me the perfect rare New York strip steak.

It's been a good day.

View attachment 7599903
Looks delicious