• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s THE "NOM NOM NOM" THREAD

Venison chops with chimichurri. Shrimp and roasted garlic, tomatoes and bell peppers. Then a side of jalapeños with morels, shitaki and oyster mushrooms.
6FCD620C-9169-4884-B8CF-23A75A8ADE5E.jpeg

Left over brisket.

View attachment 7585587
View attachment 7585585

Massa, shredded beef, pork or chicken.
View attachment 7585589View attachment 7585588
Steam about an hour.

Some people like the smoked meat in thier tomales.

View attachment 7585602

Personally I prefer slow roasted pulled pork shoulder without smoke in mine. I season a pork butt with fajita seasoning onions and peppers and cook at 250 till it hits 200 internal. It's the best

I do the meat and chile sauce the wife does the technical stuff.

What dried chiles are you using?

What dried chiles are you using?

Yes would have helped to show them better.

Two dark ones are Ancho, triangle / pear shapped, a few used.rich deep flavor.

Pasilla, long dark spicey strong. A couple used.

And the main chili used for my bowl of red or other chili sauces Guajillo long red ones. Think of those as the base and any others the spice notes.

Find a Mexican market and buy from bulk bins. Get a big pile of the Guajillo's and small amounts of others that smell good.

The chilies should be pliable like leather and you might want to use disposable latex type gloves while digging around and smelling them.

20210416_192744.jpg

Sky is the limit.

Don't forget to fry your sauce in a pan with a little oil as the last step.

Last edited:
Yes would have helped to show them better.

Two dark ones are Ancho, triangle / pear shapped, a few used.rich deep flavor.

Pasilla, long dark spicey strong. A couple used.

And the main chili used for my bowl of red or other chili sauces Guajillo long red ones. Think of those as the base and any others the spice notes.

Find a Mexican market and buy from bulk bins. Get a big pile of the Guajillo's and small amounts of others that smell good.

The chilies should be pliable like leather and you might want to use disposable latex type gloves while digging around and smelling them.

View attachment 7606057

Sky is the limit.

Don't forget to fry your sauce in a pan with a little oil as the last step.

Thanks!

I use guajillos in making chili (along with dried hatch and ancho). The guajillos add such a rich and almost chocolatey flavor, it really makes a chili dish.

Reactions: Snuby642
Is there another name for the dried hatch chillies?

I use fresh / canned hatch in many things.

Nice looking brisket.

I have a pair of burnt up Oklahoma Joe's needing fire boxes in the back yard. Best stick burners I've used.

The pos I have in use sucks bad.
Won't draw right and doesn't hold heat. I need to get out the die grinder and get after it, my son can weld.

How about a a picture of your Oklahoma Joe's

@Spicerack

Nice looking brisket.

I have a pair of burnt up Oklahoma Joe's needing fire boxes in the back yard. Best stick burners I've used.

The pos I have in use sucks bad.
Won't draw right and doesn't hold heat. I need to get out the die grinder and get after it, my son can weld.

How about a a picture of your Oklahoma Joe's

@Spicerack
This replaced a 16 yr old Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe cheapo that finally rusted through.

20210418_153758.jpg

Just like my past two except mine were not reverse flow.

2F9EE6A8-99A9-4FA7-9299-63D9261B5AF7.jpeg
19FD9DE0-E05C-47B5-854E-0DCCACA1D4E7.jpeg
094E7691-2E81-42C1-BF0B-F0BB040B4137.jpeg
4401F505-ECE7-418E-8EE1-AAC12CFB1450.jpeg

this may be sacrilegious but, I wanted to try beef tri-tip broiled. I cooked it in the oven on 170 until it hit an internal temperature of 125. I then pulled the meat out of the oven and turned on the broiler allowing it to heat up sufficiently. I put the meat back in for 6 minutes on each side. Definitely missing the smoke but, it’s otherwise pretty good. Scooped on some chimichurri and called it good.

1619562776954.png

So here is a very rare step by step, which I rarely ever take the time to post. Just believe me, you're gonna savor this little comfort food gem. If it wasn't worth it, I wouldn't be sharing this.

Marsala Wine Pork

Bottle of Marsala Wine (You're gonna wanna hunt it down. If you don't have in your AO, you may substitute an $8.00 bottle of Chardonnay.

EVOO or Avacado Oil

4 Shallots finely chopped

5-6 or more:love: cloves of garlic finely chopped

Stick of Butter

Thyme

2 Bushel's of fresh Parsley

Carton of Heavy Cream

Flour

Cornstarch

Bone Broth/Stock or Beef Stock

Bone in Country Style Pork Ribs (may use Chik'n as well instead of Pork)

Big ass handful or 2 of Mushrooms (NOT from Ft. Canby)https://www.chinookobserver.com/new...cle_3db350bf-7883-5ad6-a2fa-2d61190a3859.html

Ok, let's get cooking!

If you can use a big ass cast iron pan, do it. If you've got a glass top like I do, a big non stick will suffice, but use a nice deep pan regardless. It'll work 2 fold. Save on splatter, and you'll be able to build it up nice and deep with Nom Nom.

Mix a teaspoon or 2 of Cornstarch into 2 Cups of the Heavy Cream. Mix it up real good!

Season up your Pork with whatever, along with some salt n peppa.

Roll/coat your Pork in flour.

Get your pan going HOT! Just coat the bottom with either EVOO or Avocado Oil. Toss in 1/3 stick of Butter.

Your Shallots, Garlic, and Shrooms should all be diced and ready on the side.

Sear the crap outta your Pork. Bout 3 minutes per side. If some have a bit of fat cap attached, hit that hard, render it down real good.

Pull the meat outta the pan and place in a dish or pan. It's gonna release some juices that you're gonna wanna dump into the skillet after you add the meat back in later.

Toss in your shallots and garlic. Just get'm sweating. Pour a tad (1/4 cup) of wine in the skillet and scrape all the Nom Nom stuck to the bottom and get it incorporated into the liquid. You can put a touch more of oil in if you like, but remember, the pork is gonna render down it's fat and add Nom Nom to the dish already.

Toss in your shrooms and put a good sear to them. Remember to keep the skillet pretty darn hot. You don't wanna sweat out the moisture from the shrooms, you wanna sear'm!

Now pour in your wine. Hell, you can use 3 Cups if you want. I did. Now reduce it and burn off the alcohol.

Now toss in your heavy cream and stir the hell outta it while adding your Bone Stock/Beef Broth, a cup or 2 is fine, just depending on how much sauce/gravy you want left, so use closer to two;). You can always reduce it to where ya want it. Let it start bubbling and just look at that color!

Toss in a teaspoon or 2 of thyme, grind in some salt n peppa and mix it up some more.

You're almost to break time!

Give it a taste and see if you're good, or wanna add salt, pepper, or more thyme.

Toss in one chopped up bushel of parsley and place the meat back into the skillet. Pour the drippings in and cover. Turn the heat down to "LOW" and walk away for a couple hours. After 2 hours turn the meat once and cover again for another hour or 2. I did mine for 6 hours! Uncover and put the other chopped up bushel of parsley on top and GO!

Side Note: Before you add the meat back in, if you've got a bit of saffron laying around, go ahead and a put a couple pinches in.

When you're ready to eat put this over Egg Noodles or Rice. We did both! Duh!

Thank me later. The simple, lasting layers of flavor you're gonna get outta this is just to die for. Simple dish really, but man does it hit some high notes!

DO IT! Then check back in.

Ok, did up some Bacon wrapped Pork Tenderloins in Mustard Sauce. The Mustard Sauce is basically the exact same thing as the Marsala Wine concoction I posted above, but done with Chardonnay instead of Marsala Wine. And one very important note. Do everything the same as the Marsala Wine recipe. When you're done reducing your sauce to where you'd like it regarding consistency, then, and only then add a tablespoon of Dijon, or whatever Mustard you want in it. Before you put the Mustard in reduce your heat and stir it in fairly quick. If you stray from this advice, you risk the chance of the Mustard separating from the sauce.

It was heaven. And if I do up one more of these in the next few days, imma need Roto Rooter to clean out the arteries!

1619713000243.png

1619713016291.png

1619713030751.png

1619713048645.png

1619713061991.png

1619713073129.png

1619713085105.png

1619713097931.png

1619713109798.png

1619713122082.png

1619713137806.png

THIS WAS ANOTHER "HUGE" HIT !

Should have used more Mushrooms! Prolly good on the Shallots and Garlic. :ROFLMAO: :love:

Hi,

@1J04
Who is manning the jail with all the time you been devoting to becoming the next Betty MF'ing Stewart????

Sincerely,
Theis

I think you mean either Betty Crocker or Martha Stewart. 🤣

Today is my 1st day back after a 2 week lockdown. AND it's my Friday! 🤭 The Boyz told me this morning I missed out on a few days of shenanigans and a couple cans of OC goodness.🤣 Apparently someone had a case 9f the ass for a couple days and didn't know when to tap out.🤭

All's quiet on the front now! 🙌

• Haha
Reactions: MtnCreek
Isn't betty Stewart in jail?

Or did she get out and start making brownies with snoop dog?

• Haha
Reactions: 1J04
No keeping up is not important.

Have you learned nothing on the hide?

You're not a profesional your opinion doesn't matter.
You have no proper training.
Your tools suck.
If you make us mad we will cry to the mods.
Your only here to pad the prize table shut up.
Hold still while the chefs gang bang you it's a contest.

Started making this the other day. Boneless Skinless Chicken in Yogurt, Cumin, Kashmiri Chili, Garam Masala, Curry, Tumeric, Salt n Peppa, crushed Garlic, Crushed Ginger, Lemon Juice, Onions, and AVOCADO OIL!

With Tumeric Rice with sauteed Onions and Garlic with Tumeric, Chicken Stock, Chicken Broth, and AVOCADO OIL.

Romaine Lettuce with Boiled Egg, Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Parmesan Cheese, Olive Oil, and Worcestershire Sauce, and Croutons! NO AVOCADO OIL! :ROFLMAO:

Let it sit in the fridge over night. You won't be disappointed.

1620581345843.png

1620581363789.png

1620581376254.png

1620581388163.png

1620581423622.png

1620581435769.png

1620581455625.png

If I was going to do anything different, I'd definitely hold back some of the Yogurt Marinade/Sauce before introducing the Chicken to it so as to have a dipping sauce.

The woman was supposed to make salmon tonight. I ended up having Italian sausage with peppers and onions with some fries.
WTF? She said that they didn't have any fresh salmon at the store and what they did have should be turned into dog food.
Oven baked salmon, roasted heirloom carrots, and skillet green beans tonight.View attachment 7622494
Want to try something just a bit different? Add a bit of Italian salad dressing to the green beans when they are done. Just a dash till you decide if you like it and want a bit more.

Reactions: lash and BigTex
Got the wife to make pot roast in the oven instead of the crockpot.

Much better that way.

It was well browned and tender served with onions, carrots and potatoes. The extra brownage helps with the gravy.

I was just home from storm spotting getting chased by hail all the way to my house to report to NWS because my ht was acting up.

Life is good.

Reactions: 1J04 and lash
Started making this the other day. Boneless Skinless Chicken in Yogurt, Cumin, Kashmiri Chili, Garam Masala, Curry, Tumeric, Salt n Peppa, crushed Garlic, Crushed Ginger, Lemon Juice, Onions, and AVOCADO OIL!

With Tumeric Rice with sauteed Onions and Garlic with Tumeric, Chicken Stock, Chicken Broth, and AVOCADO OIL.

Romaine Lettuce with Boiled Egg, Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Parmesan Cheese, Olive Oil, and Worcestershire Sauce, and Croutons! NO AVOCADO OIL! :ROFLMAO:

Let it sit in the fridge over night. You won't be disappointed.

View attachment 7621492

View attachment 7621493

View attachment 7621494

View attachment 7621495

View attachment 7621496

View attachment 7621497

View attachment 7621500

If I was going to do anything different, I'd definitely hold back some of the Yogurt Marinade/Sauce before introducing the Chicken to it so as to have a dipping sauce.
Hey Jimmy, this is a lot like a dish taught to me by a Nepali buddy. Next time try making it with a side of diced tomatoes, diced cucumber, chopped cilantro and fresh lime juice. It really compliments the tumeric.

• Love
Hey Jimmy, this is a lot like a dish taught to me by a Nepali buddy. Next time try making it with a side of diced tomatoes, diced cucumber, chopped cilantro and fresh lime juice. It really compliments the tumeric.

That sounds really good! I'll do that.

Made Chicken Marsala yesterday. Turned out AMAZING!

20210510_170350.jpg

20210510_170355.jpg

20210510_170402.jpg

20210510_175445.jpg

Reactions: SkyScrapin

View attachment 7622853

View attachment 7622854

View attachment 7622855

View attachment 7622856
I can smell that from Texas! Looks good. Any kind of Asian food is hard to find down here.
My son is the head chef for the new Joey restaurant that's scheduled to open in the Houston Galleria about the end of July. He also does testing and recipes for Louisiana Grill pellet smokers. They send him all their latest products and he reviews them.

View attachment 7622853

View attachment 7622854

View attachment 7622855

View attachment 7622856
I enjoy cooking to clear my head. And I gotta say everything you post here makes me wanna cook. :LOL:

I am not the biggest fan of SEA flavors, but last trip over there I threw down on some Chicken 65 and thought it would be an awesome flavor for wings. May have to try that out one o' these days.

• Love
Reactions: 1J04
I enjoy cooking to clear my head. And I gotta say everything you post here makes me wanna cook. :LOL:

I am not the biggest fan of SEA flavors, but last trip over there I threw down on some Chicken 65 and thought it would be an awesome flavor for wings. May have to try that out one o' these days.

I hear you, and thank you. Seriously.

I've loved cooking since I was literally a kid. Came in handy when friends and I would camp out Trout fishing as 7th graders. Been the Camp Bitch ever since. :ROFLMAO: And I like it that way.

It is a release as well. I know what you're saying, it's relaxing and just a kick in the ass playing with flavors/dishes.

Next time you do up your Wings, if you haven't steamed them 1st to render out some of the fat and the skin, try it. Then pop'm in the deep fryer or the oven, but deep fried is better imho. Then of course toss them in a bowl with whatever sauce you've prepared and roll'm around a bit. After steaming you can roll'm in flour with spices mixed in, or you can do a combination of flour and Potato Starch. The Potato Starch will add an extra level of crunch to them if that's what you're looking.

Anyhow, go rock it and post up! 💪;)

For you fried chicken aficionados, what spices are you adding to the mix?

1620844039244.png

1620844081000.png

1620844147362.png

1620844185311.png

1620844239877.png

1620844337074.png

1620844432905.png

Just some of the usual suspects. Depends of course what direction ya wanna go in. Always a good idea to spice up the Chicken and let it set overnight, then of course add to your flour as well before coating your Chicken.