• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The "Official Shortage Thread"......

Hot shots still need a dot #
That leads to some never ending debates... Not looking to debate that, again. A DOT number opens a can of worms. DOT has put many small operators out of business.

What are the DoT Regulations for Hot Shot Trucks?​

As with everything else, when it comes to the Department of Transportation’s (DoT) regulations weight is very important.

If the combined weight of a truck, trailer, and load is under 10,001 pounds then none of the DoT’s regulations apply. This is why it’s so important for hot shot truckers to be aware of the weight that they’re carrying, as just going one pound over can result in a number of regulations that will lead to more work and more costs.

Reactions: lariat
That leads to some never ending debates... Not looking to debate that, again. A DOT number opens a can of worms. DOT has put many small operators out of business.

What are the DoT Regulations for Hot Shot Trucks?​

As with everything else, when it comes to the Department of Transportation’s (DoT) regulations weight is very important.

If the combined weight of a truck, trailer, and load is under 10,001 pounds then none of the DoT’s regulations apply. This is why it’s so important for hot shot truckers to be aware of the weight that they’re carrying, as just going one pound over can result in a number of regulations that will lead to more work and more costs.

That is true that dot has hurt many small businesses but doesn't change the fact that a dot # is required for the majority of hot shots. Not much to debate when they get pulled over...

• Angry
Reactions: Snuby642
That is true that dot has hurt many small businesses but doesn't change the fact that a dot # is required for the majority of hot shots. Not much to debate when they get pulled over...
And, for that reason that is why so many small businesses in America operate under the radar... The debate will go on long after we are gone.

Government regs and thier Gestapo are killing us.

Best stock up.... When you are down to boiled dog meat, this sure helps the flavor.
20220610_222747.jpg

Hit a Siracha honey-pot yesterday, bitches. Traded a dude my Rolex for it all. SCORE! Going back tonight to trade my wife's AMG for a FULL BRICK OF FED GMM215M! Sure, she's gonna be pissed but since we can't afford gas for it, deal seems legit. I'll tell her it was either that or she's gonna have to start turnin' trix.

Ok, ok, not really but just praticing for 2025. (I did hit the Siracha lotto tho!)

View attachment 7889585
Hit a Siracha honey-pot yesterday, bitches. Traded a dude my Rolex for it all. SCORE! Going back tonight to trade my wife's AMG for a FULL BRICK OF FED GMM215M! Sure, she's gonna be pissed but since we can't afford gas for it, deal seems legit. I'll tell her it was either that or she's gonna have to start turnin' trix.

Ok, ok, not really but just praticing for 2025. (I did hit the Siracha lotto tho!)

That stuff is more expensive than 22LR ammo about a year ago.

Reactions: WaltHer
View attachment 7889585

Picture of wife or it didn't happen.
Lol

Today's trip to town included a stop at the supermarket. More empty shelves than ever encountered before. I didn't cruise the tampon isle to see if the media was overstating shortages in the department, but here's an example of what I encountered. Over 50% of the shelving for Mustard was bare. If you wanted Gay Poupon, or basic yellow mustard, your were in luck. I prefer spicy brown mustard, and was forced to pay almost $6 for a small glass jar of some non-GMO stuff from Martha's Vineyard, as that's all they had.

Coffee section was mostly empty. Glad I stocked up when it was on sale earlier.

Funny how the Beer section rarely has any empty spots.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
One more "US Government" created disaster.

There has been talk of a def shortage since January or February, still haven't really heard of people having problems getting it. There have been a couple moments similar to the toilet paper shortage from people reading about it and hoarding but thats about it.

Engine oil is still being allocated By our dealer. Local valvoline quick lube can't change oil in our company pickups because they don’t have the oil we run.

If we do actually have a def shortage, things will get ugly with the amount of trucks and equipment that require it.

Reactions: supercorndogs
How much is a bucket of piss worth?
"There's a sucker born every minute" is a phrase closely associated with P. T. Barnum, an American showman of the mid-19th century,
You don't have to look too far to find two fool's who will get in a bidding war for a bucket of piss.....
Start looking in Washington, DC

Reactions: Snuby642
Might should buy up some of those old "pre-DEF" trucks and farm tractors....

There are still quite a few out there and people have been deleting aftertreatment systems more and more. The def quality, level, and temp sensor shortage pushed some people to do it. It took the manufacturer way to long to make a change to the programming to allow it to run without it so people found their own way around it.

I just installed $11k of aftertreatment parts to fix one truck. I can't imagine being an owner/operator and dealing with this shit.

LNG Shortage in Europe
Following on from the recent signing by Qatar of a declaration of intent on energy cooperation with Germany aimed at becoming its key supplier of liquefied natural gas (LNG) going forward, the Emirate has now signed separate partnership deals with France’s TotalEnergies and Italy’s Eni for the US$30 billion North Field (or ‘Dome’) Expansion of the world’s biggest LNG project. According to statements from Qatar’s Energy Minister, Saad al-Kaabi, the French oil and gas supermajor will have a 25 percent stake in the project, with no other company to have a higher stake and the selection process for partners now finalised.

Didn't someone light every oilfield on fire last time this came up and didn't we send troups and f loads of money to fix it and get kickbacks from ?

Crooked oil industry 2.0 same shit different crooks. Hold my beer.

Parts and oil are getting bad again. Today, we had to send a def quality, level and temp sensor to an International truck dealer because we have a truck down about 700 miles away and the part is on national backorder. Just a month ago they were available and could get one in a couple days. Ordered 450 gallons of oil and they brought two 55 gallon drums.

Something stupid and unique. Those boxes of individually wrapped mints. Nowhere to be found in my area. The wife does a lot of training and orientations and we haven't been able to find them in stock locally. She's had to order them via the net and now they are out of stock with no timeframe on when they will be replenished.

• Sad
Something stupid and unique. Those boxes of individually wrapped mints. Nowhere to be found in my area. The wife does a lot of training and orientations and we haven't been able to find them in stock locally. She's had to order them via the net and now they are out of stock with no timeframe on when they will be replenished.
Walmart.com has Andes mints. Edit: and now they don't (reasonably priced). Saw that one go in real time.
Costco has 240 for under $14 if you need bulk.
Edit: and now the smaller quantity back at Walmart. But they want 2.5x more for the big jar.

Last edited:
  • Sad
There had better be a mint on my pillow.

Powder, primers, and now the horror, mints.

Got it.

Parts and oil are getting bad again. Today, we had to send a def quality, level and temp sensor to an International truck dealer because we have a truck down about 700 miles away and the part is on national backorder. Just a month ago they were available and could get one in a couple days. Ordered 450 gallons of oil and they brought two 55 gallon drums.
No one wants to hear this:
Necessity is the Mother of Invention.
Short story - Over athttps://www.ford-trucks.com/ there are a group of folks who do the impossible with nothing. One subgroup are guys who's passion is old Ford Diesel Excursions. They have connections to small shops who rebuild the "Black Boxes" (and everything else) that were long ago discontinued by Ford, among other things. We are heading into hard times. You will witness all of the smog, safety and comfort equipment being stripped off of OTR trucks, farm tractors, pickup trucks, garden machines and even some of the soccer Mom mini vans. America is quickly becoming a third world country. Adapt, Improvise and Survive.
tractor-on-the-road-ranakpur-india-C5PX3Y.jpg

Walmart.com has Andes mints. Edit: and now they don't (reasonably priced). Saw that one go in real time.
Edit: and now the smaller quantity back at Walmart. But they want 2.5x more for the big jar.
What you have just described is now "The Game". I called it the "Sprinkling Effect". As long as there is an item somewhere on a shelf, this Administration can say there really is not a shortage. They have been playing that game for over a year...
Similar to the kids game of Musical Chairs. We know how that always ends.

We don't shop at Walmart, Costco shows unavailable. Not saying you're not right, but when we go to the Costco web page, there are none available.

Thaks for looking out for us!

No one wants to hear this:
Necessity is the Mother of Invention.
Short story - Over athttps://www.ford-trucks.com/ there are a group of folks who do the impossible with nothing. One subgroup are guys who's passion is old Ford Diesel Excursions. They have connections to small shops who rebuild the "Black Boxes" (and everything else) that were long ago discontinued by Ford, among other things. We are heading into hard times. You will witness all of the smog, safety and comfort equipment being stripped off of OTR trucks, farm tractors, pickup trucks, garden machines and even some of the soccer Mom mini vans. America is quickly becoming a third world country. Adapt, Improvise and Survive.
tractor-on-the-road-ranakpur-india-C5PX3Y.jpg

People have stripped emission related shit off vehicles, trucks, and equipment ever since they started putting that stuff on them. However, most people will not delete that stuff due to the fact that the majority of dealerships won't touch the truck once that work has been done. A lot of people have seen the damage caused by shit tunes and won't delete it because of that. Some of the shops that used to do the deletes have quit doing them due to the risk of getting caught and having the fines that go with it. You will see more small businesses go under because of what is happening with the parts situation and fuel costs.

People have stripped emission related shit off vehicles, trucks, and equipment ever since they started putting that stuff on them. However, most people will not delete that stuff due to the fact that the majority of dealerships won't touch the truck once that work has been done. A lot of people have seen the damage caused by shit tunes and won't delete it because of that. Some of the shops that used to do the deletes have quit doing them due to the risk of getting caught and having the fines that go with it. You will see more small businesses go under because of what is happening with the parts situation and fuel costs.

My first real car was a1977 Ford LTD II. It came with a 400M engine and had the small inlet for the gas tank (unleaded gas). First thing I did was punch the hole larger to allow leaded gas. I replaced the Cat Conv. Tore the engine down and put in an RV cam, bought a 4bbl manifold and a Holley 600 vacuum secondary carb.

It finally could get out of its own way and then I went with a 3:89 rear. Then I was slightly happy with its performance.

I'm not saying it was right, but everyone was doing it.

Last edited:
Government "Rules and Regulations" have evolved to be a major part of the problem. Drowning in regulations.

Oh em gheee.

This is the funniest and scariest ride into a world depression ever. I bet the last 1.5 years of democrat “leadership” has shown the virtue signaling retards how dumb it is to try and fuel earth off of wind and solar.

8CF4D4F8-A042-4E0E-89CD-B1B5E3C2CF67.gif

"That should be welcome, because earlier this year, other Biden administration actions practically ground the solar power industry to a halt, slowing in a very real way America’s efforts to make energy production greener. The question now is: Can the government unscrew solar?"

Oh em gheee.

This is the funniest and scariest ride into a world depression ever. I bet the last 1.5 years of democrat “leadership” has shown the virtue signaling retards how dumb it is to try and fuel earth off of wind and solar.

View attachment 7897578
"Crisis Management" is approaching the Grand Finale.
How's that working out ?

US LNG is being sold to Europe at a higher profit than selling in here at home. Ripple effect = Cost of firewood is increasing. So, sell our clean burning gas and force us to burn that smoking old firewood. Things are not adding up.

Reactions: stefan73
Today's trip to town included a stop at the supermarket. More empty shelves than ever encountered before. I didn't cruise the tampon isle to see if the media was overstating shortages in the department, but here's an example of what I encountered. Over 50% of the shelving for Mustard was bare. If you wanted Gay Poupon, or basic yellow mustard, your were in luck. I prefer spicy brown mustard, and was forced to pay almost $6 for a small glass jar of some non-GMO stuff from Martha's Vineyard, as that's all they had.

Coffee section was mostly empty. Glad I stocked up when it was on sale earlier.

Funny how the Beer section rarely has any empty spots.
That's pretty wild on the mustard front. Out here, we're out of the basic Heinz yellow mustard, but are fully stocked on all the small-bottle flavored versions... except honey mustard. Someone bought all of the honey mustard.

That and stouts and porters. We've had a stout/porter keg shortage in nearly all the bars.

Around here the pork rinds have come up missing along with the potato chips. It has been replaced by every kind of chip dip from the back room that will fill the shelves. Like an entire aisle of the same thing. Chips I dont care about so much, but the pork rinds tells me that the pigs are not being slaughtered or the skins are being used to meet other demands.

Around here the pork rinds have come up missing along with the potato chips. It has been replaced by every kind of chip dip from the back room that will fill the shelves. Like an entire aisle of the same thing. Chips I dont care about so much, but the pork rinds tells me that the pigs are not being slaughtered or the skins are being used to meet other demands.
Good observations......... "Wrong Inventories" are killing some of the retailers. They are fire saling the stuff that has not moved. Beware that a lot of stuff does have a shelf life. Typically, Americans who end up with a low priced item (under $20) that did not perform up to expectations just throw it in the trash and take the financial hit. Suppliers know this and are not worried about returns / refunds. A consumer who squawks now about a cheap item is usually just given a refund without having to return the defective item. Returns are costing retailers a lot of money.

A benchmark of the coming recession.

We don't shop at Walmart, Costco shows unavailable. Not saying you're not right, but when we go to the Costco web page, there are none available.

Thaks for looking out for us!
You have to use the two day grocery option screen (I'm assuming because of delivering in heat). Still avail. here, 13.39 + 3.00 delivery unless you order total of 75$.

friends
Oh em gheee.

We went through this before. How much did Obama waste on his friends companies that went bankrupt in under 4 years (i.e. Solunda - 700M alone tax dollars for 1100 employees and no product, declared bankruptcy).

• Sad