• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater The Outpost

Welp, that ended up being much better than expected. I had heard it was a fairly low budget production, with VFX done in Bulgaria, but after watching it last night I wouldn’t have known. Some of the actors do a fantastic job, especially those playing Romesha and Carter. The first act of the film is a little rough, but by the second act it really takes off.

Watched it last night (Prime, $6.99). A bit incensed that somebody in charge would actually put a base in a pit surrounded by mountains - threw away a lot of lives. A lot of well deserved medals bestowed - but you wonder what was the mission. I'm glad the story was told.

The way it's explained in the book is that the location was ideal for the mission of controlling three main arteries in use by insurgents. It was well placed for the strategic mission, but poorly placed for the tactical mission.

Well done in regards to realism due to actual COP Keating survivors being involved in the filming of the movie.

watch the movie until the very end including the credits with interviews of survivors.

Another instance of Lions led by Donkeys.

I actually knew Mace from before he went in the military. I won't say much more for fear of speaking ill of the dead.

Definitely on my to watch list. Heard this was very good! A friend of mine said was one of the most realistic battle movies he's ever seen.

Late to the party, but I bought this last night. Will start it after I finish my book. Looking forward to it. Reviews are heavily on the good side.

Late to the party, but I bought this last night. Will start it after I finish my book. Looking forward to it. Reviews are heavily on the good side.

As usual, the book is better than the movie since it has more details and is less confusing. The movie is fast moving so it's easy to get confused on who is who.

Reactions: rockchalk06
As usual, the book is better than the movie since it has more details and is less confusing. The movie is fast moving so it's easy to get confused on who is who.

Just finished the book on Friday. Waiting for some quiet time to watch the movie. Damn, that was a good book

I liked the movie. Ive not read the book but probably will at some point. I didn't even know about it until a friend sent me the trailer. (Fuckin COVID)

There were some Hollywood issues with technical stuff. Seemed everyone had a belt of M203 grenades but almost no one was firing them for example but didn't interfere with the story line.

I watched it at a friends house. Their 12 year old son came down and they let him watch about the last 30-45 minutes. I looked up and read him the actual MOH citation to try and have him understand, its as real as a movie can make things.

Just watched the movie tonight. Great movie, but like said above, book was more intense. Audio book was over 22 hours. Dove in deeper into the men's lives.

I'll say one thing, Combat Outpost Keating was fucking hell.

Such an awesome flick, can only imagine what it was really like being there.

Such an awesome flick, can only imagine what it was really like being there.

Read the book (get it from the library). It is even better and gives relief from watching all the propaganda on TV or newspapers.

Yeah, I was planning to check for an audio book version