• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater "The Pacific"

Blue Streak

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2010
KY via Oklahoma
My wife got me the 6 disc set of the entire Pacific series for Christmas. I'm too tight to pay for HBO so I had never seen an episode before now.

The weather has been crappy so I haven't been out of the house much in the last few days and I've watched every episode in about three days.

I just don't have the words to adequately express my feelings for what those guys did. GOD BLESS THE USMC!!!

Re: "The Pacific"

ya...was some crazy shit back then

I'd highly recommend watching the miniseries "The Pacific" for anyone who has not seen it yet. Very nicely done in spite of the asswad Tom Hanks.

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/jjmnol...ism-and-terror/

Rent it..don't buy it: no need to give Tom Hanks anymore money.

I tell you, the more the actors/actresses i like speak in front of the camera candidly, the list of actors/actresses i like dwindles.

Worth the time to watch. The USMC experienced some of the toughest fights of the War. The Japanese were fanatical fighters to the last man.

Ys your right . Tom Hanks has so much money he has to kick it out of his way getting out of bed just to take a piss in the morning .
So I did rent the disks & am about 1/2 way through. I am sure there are some Hollywood exaggeration , <span style="font-weight: bold">but pretty good story & worth renting the Disks & watching .</span>

If you havent already, you need to read "With the Old Breed" by Eugene Sledge.

^^^^This. To all who haven't watched The Pacific, I recommend reading the aforementioned book first. It will fill in/round out your movie watching experience. The movie is fairly graphic and kind of makes Devil Dogs pissing on dead taliban look tame by comparison.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kill_goose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you havent already, you need to read "With the Old Breed" by Eugene Sledge. </div></div>
+1 Great read

i want to get the Band of Brothers and Pacific set i heard they have one with them all together if any one knows if this true shoot me a link. i hope they make one of the other wars too that would be awsome

I tried watching it. Some of what looked like good libs in Australia, then a drunk Marine coming off liberty takes the watch for his buddy to take a leak and pulls his 45 on an officer in uniform... Some good fighting scenes. Not in the same category as Band of Brothers.

I have seen neither Band of Brothers nor the Pacific. I don't normally watch series like these.

If I'm going to try one out, which is better? The Pacific or Band of Brothers?

Parker

Gotta see Pacific, problem is once you start watching it you can't stop. Its addictive and GREAT

If you are really into the series, take a very long flight out to Guam and Saipan.

If you are a WWII or general history fan, a trip is warranted. The land still bears the scars and once you step off of the beaten path (and even from the main roads)you can see all sorts of remants of the battles, from caves with sake bottles and bones, to really cool underwater dive sites with 1940s Harleys and UXO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kill_goose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you havent already, you need to read "With the Old Breed" by Eugene Sledge.
+1...great read.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexasClassIII</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have seen neither Band of Brothers nor the Pacific. I don't normally watch series like these.

If I'm going to try one out, which is better? The Pacific or Band of Brothers?

Parker </div></div>

I really like The Pacific, but Band of Brothers is a better "story" and a better watch, IMO. I would start with Band.

Ive been watching it this week too. get tired of the wife and daughter watching Criminal minds constantly so i put it in the dvd player in my shop. also have with the old breed and the pacific audio books on my ipod