• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wings of Texaco Diecast Series

Moe Ron

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2020
Roanoke Tx
I started collecting this diecast aircraft series. Only got three so far. These were made from 1993-2017. 25 in the series. My wife gets a good laugh watching me fly them around the house making radial engine noises.

1. 1929 Lockheed Air Express
2. 1932 Northrop Gamma
3. 1931 Stearman

IMG_0941.jpeg
IMG_0940.jpeg
IMG_0939.jpeg

My dad worked for Texaco for a long time when I was a kid. I have several of the planes and trucks. He used to buy them for me and my brother when they released them. I have the gamma and the stearman for sure. They’re all NIB in my parents attic now lol.

I didn’t know this series existed until a few weeks ago. There was one for sale at a local auction. The 4th of the series, the Grumman Goose. I got out bid and I’m glad I did. It didn’t have the box. Started looking online and found out about the series. Plan to get them all. My kids will throw them in a dumpster when I die 😂

My father in law worked for Phillips starting just after WWII. He told me about when they modernized the pumps how all the old ones just went in the trash. All that stuff that is so valuable now.

Reactions: jrassy