• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s The Retired Guy Thread

It's magic.

Hobo Hilton, your article is about the DOW. Bigfatcock posted about the S&P500. They are two different things. Amazon is already one of the top three stocks in the S&P 500. Walgreens (WBA) is also in the S&P 500, so you get both when you buy VOO or a similar low cost index fund mimicking the S&P 500.

Hobo Hilton, your article is about the DOW. Bigfatcock posted about the S&P500. They are two different things. Amazon is already one of the top three stocks in the S&P 500. Walgreens (WBA) is also in the S&P 500, so you get both when you buy VOO or a similar low cost index fund mimicking the S&P 500.

As a young man, I dealt with Vanguard. When I left I never looked back. The list of "Fund Managers" I dealt with is long.
Between the fees and taxes taken off the top it became obvious I was buying a lot of blue sky.

It is so hard to take a conversation seriously where one of the interested parties is a big fat cock.

As a young man, I dealt with Vanguard. When I left I never looked back. The list of "Fund Managers" I dealt with is long.
Between the fees and taxes taken off the top it became obvious I was buying a lot of blue sky.
VOO has an expense ratio of 0.03%, so . . . that is almost negligible. Not a lot of fees taken off the top. As for taxes, well, that is the government, not Vanguard, and you have to pay taxes when you have income, so . . . better to have income and pay taxes than not.
It is so hard to take a conversation seriously where one of the interested parties is a big fat cock.
LOL, Yeah, I did not know how else to type it out, so I just typed it out.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton