• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Savage 110 BA rifle report

Re: The Savage 110 BA rifle report

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If youre going to swap the barrel and stock you may as well wait for the long range hunter to come out. It is the same action in a basic accustock with a sporter barrel. Should be well under $1k.</div></div>

I considered that but I can get a LA Stevens for $250, I'm still trying to find out if they (Savage) will sell the .585 boltface. I'm actually leaning more towards a 338 Norma and was wondering if the long action was a large enough diameter.

The issue you will have with the standard long action is its not necessarily a large shank. I believe the only large shank actions besides this are the WSM calibers.

I dont see why Savage wouldnt sell the boltface separately.

If I cant get this thing shooting right after all the work Im putting into it now I may be looking at a re-barrel. I however do like the chassis it comes with, although I may end up severely modifying it if my warranty is already void anyway. Might chew out the aluminum strips that "center" the action and do a proper bed job on it. While Im at it cut a few slots to lighten it up a bit maybe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Training Wheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I considered that but I can get a LA Stevens for $250, I'm still trying to find out if they (Savage) will sell the .585 boltface. I'm actually leaning more towards a 338 Norma and was wondering if the long action was a large enough diameter. </div></div>

Midway sells the bolt faces, but as stated most long actions are small shank except for the RUM actions and those are highly sought after and a little Pricey.

The WSM actions are large shank but they are on short actions.

Rumor has it you'll be able to buy the BA action from Savge once they get caught up, but no one know for sure.

You may want to contact Jim (Northlander) on Savageshooters and see if he can sell you a BA action. It's be worth it for all the bother it'd be to sort a standard action

I believe I have a theory as to why some of these (including mine) 338's just do not shoot.

The 5/8-24 muzzle threads. I noticed while giving my barrel a thorough cleaning that I could actually feel the patch having notably less resistance at the last 1/2" of the barrel before it exited the muzzle.

I am going to order a 3/4-24 QD mount for my can and rethread the barrel to see if I find anymore accuracy.

What do you think?

What bag are you using? I can't find one anywhere that 52" or longer,
thanks,

You havent looked very hard then. That bag is a Tac Force, there is also the Midway drag bag when they have the longer one in stock, and Galati Elite are 55". Im sure there are more, but those are a few off the top of my head.

I shoot my 110BA left handed no problem. I use a Magpul MIAD grip as well.