• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The search begins, new watch.

Derrick300

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, SC.
Ok quick rundown of my situation and wants.
I'm a long time Marathon fanboy and still am but, I recently realized my JSAR needs another battery after replacing it about 14 months ago. Luckily I was working in New York City at the time and got it replaced and pressure tested no problem.
I'm now home a bit more often and don't have any ability locally to have this done. On top of that, having the battery replaced every 1.5 years is just turning into a hassle.
I will get it fixed eventually but in the mean time I'm searching for something new.

Looking for something with roughly the following specs
Minimum 47mm bezel
Automatic
I love tritium but not a deal breaker
I wear my watch night and day and at work and it gets banged around so something tough.
No gold
Prefer Stainless or similar
Normal strap attachment (spring bar) at least 20mm
Price range up to 2k
I have looked at the new Marathon Bi-lingual but just looking for more options.
Thanks in advance.
Derrick

Just my opinion.
Best deal-citizen skyhawk eco drive ti for about $500 retail. You can find one @350 sometime.
More up scale-tag heuer with several model.
My wish-omega seamaster.

Have a Seamaster Professional Chronograph that I bought many years ago and is my favorite watch. Pretty much bombproof but they have got pretty expensive and have to have to be serviced around every five years which isn't cheap either. Sent it to Omega a couple of weeks ago and wearing a Garmin Tactix in the meantime. I have to say I am pretty impressed with it and deserves a look.

Another vote here for the Citizen Ti Eco-Drive. An added bonus--- no batteries.

Like the brand or hate it, I have a Luminox MODEL: A.1867 Valjoux Field Chronograph.

You can get it stainless or with a DLC type coating on a stainless case. Sapphire glass and several band options.

I've been wearing mine daily for work and play for about 2 years now. Keeps great time and I love the night time visibility, especially when i'm flying. I ahve the DLC coated case and it still looks like new today. My leather band is a bit dirty and I'll likely replace it some time this year after I finish a couple hunting trips to remote locations where it'll get a lot dirtier.

Prices I've seen are from $1250-2k depending on the configuration you chose.

Here's a link

Land | Luminox

Good luck. The hunt is as much fun as finding one in the long run.

If you want an automatic for under 2k, one of the only ones I personally have cared for would be the Victorinox Dive Master or Alpanch. The Victorinox has held up very well over the last 4 years since it entered the role of my hard use watch. As a police officer I have subjected that watch through hell and back and it keeps on ticking. It has served its role well in keeping me from bringing any of the Omegas to work.

I also agree on the Omega. I have a speedmaster automatic that is 15 years old. Recently stopped and the now want $800 to service and repair. [/url]

Yikes, have you been having it regularly serviced or did you let it go that time without doing the 5 yr maintenance intervals?

The latter. thing kept running so didn't think about it until it stopped and living in upper CT, not too many authorized Omega dealers.

Wow, I am kind of surprised it did that well without the service for that long. Unfortunately it is only going to get harder to have your stuff serviced with local authorized dealers. Omega has been pulling the plug from most retailers and been opening up Omega Boutiques to keep a tighter hold on the gray market and to eliminate the sales of their products below MAP.