• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The shithouse sniper strikes again!

Da-Law-Dawg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2008
Russell Springs, KY
Thought I'd throw a bit of humor to you guys this morning.....

Living out in the country certainly has it's advantages. No hussle and bussle of city life, tranquility and so on.

Where we live out in the country, it's a peaceful existense. Good neighbors and no one bothers you for the most part. I live adjacent to a decent sized cattle farm and help the guy out that owns it by taking care of the local varmit population. Heck, what more can you ask for, peace, tranquility and target practice!
grin.gif

At any rate, on the back side of our house, it overlooks a few sheds on the farm and a couple of barns. I have this view out my back porch from the dining room and out the half-bath adjacent to the same. The same area (sheds and such) has a fairly healthy (or at least it used to) population of groundhogs.

The wife was napping and my two year old twins were asleep and it left me to my own for a couple of hours. Mind you, with a two year old son and daughter, free time is at a premium. As I walked thru the kitchen and into the dining room, I spied a large, rusty colored groundhog ambling around behind one of the sheds. Mind you. this is only about thirty yards behind my house.

At this point in time, I immediately went into an adjacent room and grabbed ol' faithful outta her hiding place. This was my "tactical critter-gitter", ie; my old trusty Remington Speedmaster.

I immediately set up a stalk thru the dining room, eased into my FFP in the half-bath adjacent and observed my quarry. It was a successful stalk, the groundhog never knew I was in the world, even when I eased the window open and slid the screen up ever so slightly. I settled into my FFP, bracing myself off the shitter and set up for the shot. When the shot broke, all felt good. When it all settled, the CCI Stinger found it's mark!!

I love it when a plan comes together! Yes, yes, the shithouse sniper strikes again!!!!!!!!

(By the way....this is a true story. And yes again......ya might be a Redneck if......)

LOL! Hope you enjoyed the read. Thought everyone could use a bit a humor this morning, life on the farm is never boring!

Re: The shithouse sniper strikes again!

Gives a different meaning to the term "shittin' and gittin'" for sure. Nice story.

A wonderful story indeed.

There's a member here who sent me a picture of his son shooting a deer out the bathroom window with an AR, sitting on the toilet with a couple of phone books on the seat to get him high enough for a good rest.

Great story LawDawg!

We are possessed of the urban sniper hide ourselves, att he ranch we refer to as Man Camp. Some people may call it a breakfast table, but it is not. It is strategically placed to offer a shot 135 yards to the feeder in the front of the cabin.

b2e00a32.jpg

I have an old IV stand, with a cradle mounted to it for the odd standing shot, not supported by the "bipod on table" method.

Well done sir!

Beautiful.

An attorney friend of mine was broke while going to law school. He had a crappy job and he really had to put in the hours to get the grades.

I went to the house he and the wife were renting. His wife answered the door.

"Hi, Valerie. Where's Randy?"

"He's hunting."

"Where?"

"He's in the bathroom."

I went to the bathroom and sure as I breathe, his 350# carcass was on the crapper. He was about to drop an opossum with an ancient Remington and some corroded .22lr short ammo. He dumped the critter, turned around and said, "Let's go eat Mexican."

Good job, an remember gents...KEEP THE BARREL high enough to clear the window sill.
Not that I had that issue but a certain other SH member I know may very well have had a one shot drop on the sill instead of the intended squirrel.
Oh and dawg...no pics? C'mon bro...ya gotta get a pic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good job, an remember gents...KEEP THE BARREL high enough to clear the window sill.
Not that I had that issue but a certain other SH member I know may very well have had a one shot drop on the sill instead of the intended squirrel.
Oh and dawg...no pics? C'mon bro...ya gotta get a pic. </div></div>

Keyhole formula, its a must.
grin.gif

Thanks for the comments guys!! As for the window sill, didn't have to "hover" for the shot. Actually ducked into the half-bath to get lined up. That's about the 6-7th groundhog taken outta that bathroom window! Hide member <span style="font-weight: bold">deh223</span> can attest to that!
grin.gif

It's something in my family about shootin' out windows....honestly!

My late uncle arose late one morning during deer season right at daybreak. As he walked thru the kitchen in his skivys, he spied a large 8 point whitetail skirting the cornfield behind his house. He ran a .300 WBY Mag out the kitchen window and brought smoke on him. My Aunt, still asleep, was so startled she fell outta the bed and got wedged between the bed and night stand!

His baby brother (the family black sheep) was drunk, running the backroads and came upon a nice buck. He skinned a S&W .357, shot thru the windshield. Here's the kicker, he was on Mammoth Cave National Park and a Ranger was behind him. Needless to say, the druken stupor he was in combined with the report of the .357 in the car had him a tad addled. Not to mention why the Ranger was placing him under arrest!
shocked.gif

Hey guys , what he isn't telling you is that this wasn't the first whistle pigs he has dispatched from the shitter out of the window....lol..He's getting pretty good at throne shooting..Everytime im over there i always look out the doors of the dinningroom , im just waiting for him to try a groundhog out the window with the 338 Lapua mag.....LOL

Just thought i would brag on ya a little dawg....

You might be a redneck indeed....But nothing wrong with rednecks

I had just pulled in the drive way one afternoon and found out that a cricket CAN overpower a groundhog also, about forgot that one dawg, cricket + 22 short holowpoint + bathroom window = dead whistle pig.........LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deh223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys , what he isn't telling you is that this wasn't the first whistle pigs he has dispatched from the shitter out of the window....lol..He's getting pretty good at throne shooting..Everytime im over there i always look out the doors of the dinningroom , im just waiting for him to try a groundhog out the window with the 338 Lapua mag.....LOL

Just thought i would brag on ya a little dawg....

You might be a redneck indeed....But nothing wrong with rednecks </div></div>

Don't be telling all my secrets David!! LOL!! Thought about running the .338LM out the window......we'd both be in the shithouse with the Mrs. though! Believe the FTE would blow the brick off the house!

I use to work at Dulles airport in early 72 before everything grew up around it, and this one guy carried a rifle in his car. One night after work we were going out the back gate and he spots a deer so out comes the rifle, a shot rang out and his passanger comes rolling out the car real quick like just cussing up a storm. the shiiter rested the barrel on the roof and when he pulled the trigger the bullet went into the roof just above the passangers head. He didnt get hurt but he got in my car and i took him home. the bullet took out the side window also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagrizzly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And you woke up the twins? </div></div>

Nah, the .22 was quiet enough out the window & they never flinched!
wink.gif

I shot a deer out the sliding glass deck door this year. I've shot quite a few varmints that way. The Mrs. blows a gasket when I use anything but a .22. I guess she just hasn't ruined her hearing as much as I have.

Great story.

It must be nice to live some place like this where you can shoot where and when you want. I sure do miss those days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAGUA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Before you fired the shot did you say out loud "I smell varmint poontang"
laugh.gif
</div></div>

That smell is me? I thought I washed there.

we had a calf die in the field by my house. the next day a coyote was just getting there to have lunch on the carcas. i eased my kitchen window up and poped him with my .22-250. it is nice to live where you can do things like that.

As I said, going to build a house on 150 acres in Oklahoma panhandle. Hunting will be awesome...

solar and wind for electricity, wood stove, and a rifle.

What more could I want?
smile.gif