• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s The Stinger - made by Marines headed to Iwo Jima

When it comes to working out ingenious new ways to have sex with or kill things, or get out of work... leave it to a Grunt. Geniuses, every one.
That stinger looks like fun!

Semper Fi

When it comes to working out ingenious new ways to have sex with or kill things, or get out of work... leave it to a Grunt. Geniuses, every one.
That stinger looks like fun!

Semper Fi

and that is bad.............?

Semper Fi.........

Couple folks on 1919A4.com have built semis. Kinda wish now I'd picked up an ANM2 kit when I had the chance.

Bed sheet or other ways to sling it also worked. The guys in the Pacific got pretty ingenius at times.

Been discussed in Vintage Several times... and we suggested it to @buffalowinter when he just started his 1919 semi project. But he opted to build a Jeep instead! Probably easier.

I definitely would love to build one. But the donor 1919 is spendy!

Heck of an infantry weapon, though! Improvise and adapt, indeed!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Reactions: Barneybdb
They just built one on Weapon Hunter.

Could the host be a bigger douche nozzle?

Other than the ANM2 all the Garand and BAR parts are available from Sarco, GzpC et with a phone call. You dont need to beg them from collectors.

Great video report. I also watched the next YouTube that was on Tony Stein and his exploits with a Stinger.
In the mid-80’s, a shooting buddy of mine, Phil Tillotson, was a Class III dealer. On one of our range trips he brought along a BAR that he was handling the transfer of between seller and buyer. This BAR was made under contract by Marlin and stamped Property Of USMC. He’d set it up on a bench under the rifle shed while we worked with our bolt guns. Meanwhile, the old man who ran the Trap Program at the gun Club was on the trap field mowing the grass with the tractor. As he would get to the boundary area between the trap ranges and the rifle range and before making his turn to head the other way, you could tell that he was looking at the BAR that was sitting on the bench. After three or four more passes the old man finally shut down the tractor and walked over. His first words were, “What have you got there?” Phil said “a BAR” to which the old man said “Hell, I know that. I carried one of them all over the South Pacific.” Phil explained his involvement with the BAR and the need to check it out per the buyers request. In seconds the old man had field stripped the BAR and showed Phil where to lube it, and then re-assembled it. Phil handed him a loaded Mag and the old man put on a shooting demo as only a 19 year old 1944 Marine could do.
I know this is a little off track from the original thread but it is a cherished memory.

They just built one on Weapon Hunter.

Could the host be a bigger douche nozzle?

Other than the ANM2 all the Garand and BAR parts are available from Sarco, GzpC et with a phone call. You dont need to beg them from collectors.
I watched about 15 minutes of that and turned off in disgust. That guy is a moron...

Ian of Forgotten Weapons, however, is legit! His videos are always right on and he has a good presentation style. And access to the real deep dive collections around the world.

He would also make an excellent Civil War Colonel in A movie. I wonder if he is a reenactor??

Sirhr

• Love
Reactions: LeftyJason