• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The traditional foods of juneteenth.

Here you go:

"While the pit may not be present at today's Juneteenth parties, barbecue such as pulled pork, chicken, ribs and hot links remains a favorite. Other traditional meats include fried catfish and smothered chicken."
^Nothing wrong with that!!!

"Vegetables such as collard, turnip and mustard greens, friend green tomatoes, fried okra, potato salad, green beans and New Orleans red beans and rice graced tables."
^Or that!

Seems early for watermelon, but maybe not in S TX.

1592593547699.png

OK I grinned a little seeing this:

you may like
"Gone With the Wind" Party Theme Ideas
:-D

• Haha
Reactions: Edgecrusher
I didnt even know WTF it was until like this week. I see Kwanzaa has a new cousin.

The hilarious thing is I saw some official description of it being the oldest celebrated tradition/holiday in the US. So, uh, like we didn't have Easter or Christmas before that or something?

I never heard of this “holiday” before two days ago when my phone hit me with a notification.

Hey, I'm all for people getting a day off. I don't know WTF holiday it is 90% of the time anyways.

eta from the article:

Just as the turkey has become synonymous with Thanksgiving, barbecue takes center stage in traditional Emancipation Day festivities. In early celebrations, men dug large pits and roasted pork, beef or lamb on a spit overnight. While the pit may not be present at today's Juneteenth parties, barbecue such as pulled pork, chicken, ribs and hot links remains a favorite.

So basically, its like every Saturday?

Hey, I'm all for people getting a day off. I don't know WTF holiday it is 90% of the time anyways.

eta from the article:

Just as the turkey has become synonymous with Thanksgiving, barbecue takes center stage in traditional Emancipation Day festivities. In early celebrations, men dug large pits and roasted pork, beef or lamb on a spit overnight. While the pit may not be present at today's Juneteenth parties, barbecue such as pulled pork, chicken, ribs and hot links remains a favorite.

So basically, its like every Saturday?
I had to just google what this was about. 35 years and can honestly say I’ve never heard of this (maybe the result of a FL public education) or I just lumped it in with every other holiday that I ignore because it doesn’t involve me visiting family or sending a card. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I didnt even know WTF it was until like this week. I see Kwanzaa has a new cousin.

The hilarious thing is I saw some official description of it being the oldest celebrated tradition/holiday in the US. So, uh, like we didn't have Easter or Christmas before that or something?
I'd seem this one has been around for a while:

R

Reactions: Lapuapalooza
I'm kind of amazed by how many people are not aware of this. Maybe it's due to my having lived in Franklin Co. VA. They make a pretty big deal of it at Booker T. Washington's birthplace every year.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
I too had never heard of this day until a few days ago.

Get ready for it, because they're going to push to make it an official federal holiday and the cuck companies out there will start having juneteenth celebration sales and commercials and shit.

That in turn will upset black people because they're not restricting the sales to only black people.

The irony of this whole thing is going to be hilarious.

Get ready for it, because they're going to push to make it an official federal holiday and the cuck companies out there will start having juneteenth celebration sales and commercials and shit.

That in turn will upset black people because they're not restricting the sales to only black people.

The corporate offices of the dealership I work for are all closed today....probably paid too.

Oops, I was wrong. 1/19/2920 was Confederate Hero’s Day. The day before MLK day. I always thought it was celebrated concurrent with Juneteenth...

Last edited:
I'm confused. Aren't they trying to remove all reminders of slavery/racial division? Get this fucking holiday shit out of here. They need to remove every holiday based on race or gender, it's the only way they can move on.

• Love

I lived in Texas for a few years... never heard of it. Just 20 miles North of Galveston. Never heard of it.

About a decade ago I came across the Tulsa, Oklahoma massacre in which some 300 African Americans were killed.

But it's been a stealth event until... well... DJT tried to schedule a rally in Tulsa on that date. Then, suddenly, it's more important than Independence Day.

Again... People using history for their own ends... while trying to erase it.

Tulsa was a tragedy. June 19th was a great day when Republicans freed slaves in Texas. It should be revered. A national holiday? Well... not my place to say. I'd rather see D-Day, the most important day in the 20th Century. But I don't get to make these choices. Really, we could take the whole year off if we pandered to enough folks. So I err on selective.

Anyhoo... the Juneteenth BS is just another made up date to pander to the communists. When we getting Mayday off, anyway?

Sirhr

Y’all motherfuckers should read some history book and shit.

This has been a deal for a while. A long while.

Im no fan of the pandering to folks with dark skin because of a few assholes choices either.

I lived in Texas for a few years... never heard of it. Just 20 miles North of Galveston. Never heard of it.

About a decade ago I came across the Tulsa, Oklahoma massacre in which some 300 African Americans were killed.

But it's been a stealth event until... well... DJT tried to schedule a rally in Tulsa on that date. Then, suddenly, it's more important than Independence Day.

Again... People using history for their own ends... while trying to erase it.

Tulsa was a tragedy. June 19th was a great day when Republicans freed slaves in Texas. It should be revered. A national holiday? Well... not my place to say. I'd rather see D-Day, the most important day in the 20th Century. But I don't get to make these choices. Really, we could take the whole year off if we pandered to enough folks. So I err on selective.

Anyhoo... the Juneteenth BS is just another made up date to pander to the communists. When we getting Mayday off, anyway?

Sirhr
Well damn. I was hoping you'd come along to share some of those old VT Juneteenth recipes with us.

Trump should have kept the rally date and started calling it the Make Juneteenth Great Again Rally. Heads would literally explode on live tv.

Well damn. I was hoping you'd come along to share some of those old VT Juneteenth recipes with us.

Trump should have kept the rally date and started calling it the Make Juneteenth Great Again Rally. Heads would literally explode on live tv.
Aunt Jemima on Uncle Bens, all spread over Polk Salad, topped with short ribs and served with Okra. Dessert is... I'll leave that up to you. But it's big and green and seedy.

BTW, I hate okra. If I wanted a vegetable that produced its own mucus, I'd suck off a retard.

Sirhr

Brown sugar pie. Your dentists best friend.

Aunt Jemima on Uncle Bens, all spread over Polk Salad, topped with short ribs and served with Okra. Dessert is... I'll leave that up to you. But it's big and green and seedy.

BTW, I hate okra. If I wanted a vegetable that produced its own mucus, I'd suck off a retard.

Sirhr
Soak in vinegar first. Then slice, batter, and fry. Or pickle. Neither are mucus-y. The okra, not the retard...

So I’m going to be a racist and ask the question, because my google search of the first 5 options came up short: Why is it called “Juneteenth?” I get the significance, I don’t agree with it being a bigger deal than the day the Emancipation Proclamation was signed, but to each their own.

Juneteenth!?! Julyth? Januaryst?

So I’m going to be a racist and ask the question, because my google search of the first 5 options came up short: Why is it called “Juneteenth?” I get the significance, I don’t agree with it being a bigger deal than the day the Emancipation Proclamation was signed, but to each their own.

Juneteenth!?! Julyth? Januaryst?
Axe me about Ebonics....

Sirhr

The okra, not the retard...
The NIH begs to differ....

Sirhr

Went to US Bank, today and it was closed for juneteenth. I only use them to transfer funds to other places, so I'll see if any banks haven't gone woke.

OK, so I just heard some complete retardation on the tv. Juneteenth bullshit. Dumb bitch said it was the day in '65 that slaves in Galveston were told by union soldiers that slavery had ended. Said it took two years for the news to reach them because some areas of the South were slow to implement. LOL Hahahahahaha. This was said on the 'news'.

Well, while I think this was amoment in history, I am 110% opposed to trying to erase any history.

remember a guy once saying to capture the concentration camps on film, as some day, someone would try to deny it happens.

its like me trying to say I never called my ex wife a bitch or a cunt.
happened.
wouldnt happen know, but thats the past and I cannot change it.
she is a whore too. FYI.

Its like a lawyer I was chatted with here in Denver. He advocated huge for there to be a big declared Cesar Chavez day either in Denver or all of CO.

He was a dirtbag DUI guy and said he would be able to pay all his office bills besides payroll off that day alone most likely.

he dead now. No idea how.... oh wait, probably the cocaine! 🤣

Sirhr
You need to dry it to avoid the mucus.
But the other shit was funny.

The Lawyers are gonna be too busy with covid cases to care.

If I were black I would want the day Lee surrendered. That was the day that really mattered.

But I find it difficult to even consider a Holiday while History (Statues/Monuments) are being destroyed. What will be burned and destroyed next time any group wants something?

Reactions: Snipe260

Remember, the communists get rid of religion; for only your creator can give you those rights listed in our Bill of Rights. You shall worship the hammer and cycle because they will bring you food and goods.

another paid holiday I'll take it loved Cinco de Mayo cause well waking up is a good reason to start drinking add song and dance its just more fun add another day to Christmas and call it Kwanzaa not against any holiday .

Last edited:
OK, so I just heard some complete retardation on the tv. Juneteenth bullshit. Dumb bitch said it was the day in '65 that slaves in Galveston were told by union soldiers that slavery had ended. Said it took two years for the news to reach them because some areas of the South were slow to implement. LOL Hahahahahaha. This was said on the 'news'.
"Dating back to 1865, it was on June 19th that the Union soldiers, led by Major General Gordon Granger, landed at Galveston, Texas with news that the war had ended and that the enslaved were now free. Note that this was two and a half years after President Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation - which had become official January 1, 1863. The Emancipation Proclamation had little impact on the Texans due to the minimal number of Union troops to enforce the new Executive Order. However, with the surrender of General Lee in April of 1865, and the arrival of General Granger’s regiment, the forces were finally strong enough to influence and overcome the resistance.

One of General Granger’s first orders of business was to read to the people of Texas,General Order Number 3 which began most significantly with:

"The people of Texas are informed that in accordance with a Proclamation from the Executive of the United States, all slaves are free. This involves an absolute equality of rights and rights of property between former masters and slaves, and the connection heretofore existing between them becomes that between employer and hired laborer.""

Sirhr
I'm about as unfiltered as they come, but you really got me with that one

Last edited:
Reactions: FishinGuns

Sirhr
Maser?

Reactions: Barneybdb
I bet you all know what cinco de mayo is though 🙄
Duh. The day of five mayos. Personally I think five tubs of mayo are too much for any one house, but this is an American holiday so you have the freedom to buy as much mayo as you want.

• Haha
Reactions: FishinGuns
Stopped for fuel yesterday and to hit the head. Grabbing a drink on the way out, I overheard a group of celebrants discussing Juneteenth. Judging by their purchases the traditional foods are Twinkies, gas station hot dogs and pork rinds.