• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The USS Texas, over 100 years old, fought in I and II, sails again,,,,,,,,,

And a paravane is sorta-kinda like a "water kite" that was flown on each side of the bow to direct underwater mines away from the hull. Many ships had them, until better technology was developed.

That's a fearsome looking weapon for sure
CBEABB8A-0AE8-48BA-890A-A192B17FB8DB.jpeg

Here's a recent look at the USS Texas that shows exterior repairs that have been made so far. All the anti-aircraft guns have been removed and are being restored at an off-site location. There's a lot of work still yet to be done, but the magnitude of the project is impressive. Enjoy -

I just want to draw your attn. to another grand old lady that really needs help. Again the last of her kind and IMHO much more famous then Texas. From the Spanish American wars greatest victory to bringing back the first unknown.

Personally I think having your museum ships laid out like this is a real good idea. Yea seeing them in water is their natural element, but when no one wants to spend money on them, and they do need money spent on them as Texas has showed us storing them this way is far more inexpensive in the long run. She is again the last of her kind, and she is set in concrete as part of the limitation talks in the 20's.

Lets not forget the ones that are not so lucky, this grand old lady made it through WWI and Jutland, was very active in WWII and the leftists in england ignored the calls to turn her into a museum ship. So she went off to the scrapper, however she was not going to go quietly, fighting all the way she broke her lines and beached herself, She could not be refloated so the just cut her up where she lay.

At the time the only survivor of Jutland battle....THE WWI naval battle. The left in england refused to spend the money to store or turn her into a museum.

HMS Warspite

1698322631311.png

I just want to draw your attn. to another grand old lady that really needs help. Again the last of her kind and IMHO much more famous then Texas. From the Spanish American wars greatest victory to bringing back the first unknown.

Personally I think having your museum ships laid out like this is a real good idea. Yea seeing them in water is their natural element, but when no one wants to spend money on them, and they do need money spent on them as Texas has showed us storing them this way is far more inexpensive in the long run. She is again the last of her kind, and she is set in concrete as part of the limitation talks in the 20's.

Lets not forget the ones that are not so lucky, this grand old lady made it through WWI and Jutland, was very active in WWII and the leftists in england ignored the calls to turn her into a museum ship. So she went off to the scrapper, however she was not going to go quietly, fighting all the way she broke her lines and beached herself, She could not be refloated so the just cut her up where she lay.

At the time the only survivor of Jutland battle....THE WWI naval battle. The left in england refused to spend the money to store or turn her into a museum.

HMS Warspite

View attachment 8257617
lefties suck

Reactions: camocorvette