• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater The Walking Dead

Re: The Walking Dead

just caught the first episode. not a bad start save for the wife/partner thing.

not to find out where i can watch the rest as hulu is not going to show them.

mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess some of this has been answered in the last episode where they reveal Shane told her Rick was dead.</div></div>

Yes sir, they actually redeemed themselves. Actually I jumped to conclusions. My mistake. It's starting to look good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cant figure out why the guy cut his hand off instead of cutting the handcuffs... </div></div>

Lol.. the zombies got in and ate him. All that was left was his hand....
smile.gif
Or so my wife originally thought.

Im not liking the guy killing zombies with a crossbow. He then pulls the same out and wipes the comtaminated blood on his pants.

I liked the symmetry of the walker eating the deer and getting surrounded by the living and taking it from all sides before being dispatched.

Never did like Atlanta.

The arrow thing is unhygenic, and they are whacking the crap out of the walkers with out proper PPE on.

Could have come up with something more original than make the southern white guys the villians.

Have none of theses dumbasses heard of a suppressor?

i too am curious why he hacked his own hand rather than the cuffs? perhaps he was short of time and steel takes longer?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matthew Lundy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What I'm wondering is how you exit a rooftop with one hand? </div></div>

Jump?

Did anyone else hear AMC say that there are only 3 episodes left in the first season? I think they underestimated how popular the show would be and only ordered 6 episodes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anyone else hear AMC say that there are only 3 episodes left in the first season? I think they underestimated how popular the show would be and only ordered 6 episodes. </div></div>

Oh man that's going to suck. The third episode was pretty slow too.

Yeah, I loved the first episode but have been lukewarm since. The whole adultery gig is a bit tired, especially given that the sheriff hadn't been dead very long. By saying that the wife and the deputy didn't have a prior relationship, it's just not believable. That says a lot in a show about zombies.

I'll keep watching until the season finale, but they need to do more world building and less cliche race/sex stuff. Those two topics are so worn out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: broke_again</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Preview for this next episode look like the action should pick up. </div></div>

I hope so but the preview for the third on looked awesome too and it was a dud.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anyone else hear AMC say that there are only 3 episodes left in the first season? I think they underestimated how popular the show would be and only ordered 6 episodes. </div></div>

I heard today that they got picked up for another season.

I haven't been in an Abrams tank since 1985, did they add escape hatches when they removed the main gun? LOL, that and the Glock safety scene were obvious whoopsies. I couldn't feel sorry for the horse, look what one did to Superman. That, and there was an old classic western where the hero's horse had no name because he said you don't name something you might have to eat. I was more upset about the goat, namely the GTO Judge they had to trash in the roadblock.

In regards to starting that Abrams, I wonder if it's still Vehicle Master Power, Press to Start, wait for green light...

The M1 has escape hatches under the driver's compartment and I believe in the crew area. Yeah I can't figure why there was ammo in one of the .50's on the other vehicle and no red splotches! Although being in the Army I can fully understand the tanker only having 1 M9 mag.

My wife likes the show and I enjoy any Zombie killing!

So they did add escape hatches? Unless they changed something else he could have been firing the commander's .50 from inside as well. At least he did ring his ears lighting off that .357. Just remembered they showed rounds for the main gun sitting on the floor as well, they were always behind a hydraulic door. And there's a .50 on a tripod behind sandbags in the street. But hell I love a good zombie show as well. Tankers carried .45s in my day and mostly old ass M3 grease guns. Did actually get to finger bang one of those full auto shorty M16s that were meant to be fired out of Bradley ports, before they all got welded up, LOL. From the previews it looks like they'll scavenge up all the weapons in the next episode.

Looks like the redneck with one hand carried a bunch of walkers into the camp for his revenge. I'd hate to be him when they catch up with him. I'd feed him to the zombies.
Will they put a round into little sis's noggin before the dirt nap?
Only two more to go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like the redneck with one hand carried a bunch of walkers into the camp for his revenge. I'd hate to be him when they catch up with him. I'd feed him to the zombies.
Only two more to go. </div></div>

Oh, I didn't think of that angle. I figured the geeks just showed up on their own. If people left me on a roof like that I would probably do the same thing though...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Looks like the redneck with one hand carried a bunch of walkers into the camp for his revenge.</span> I'd hate to be him when they catch up with him. I'd feed him to the zombies.
Only two more to go. </div></div>

Good catch crumpmd!

Am I the only one that sees the common sense in building some sort of a fence/barricade around the small perimeter. or to climb trees? The survivor group is just sitting in an open field in tents. Come on, try a little!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JW Snydes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I the only one that sees the common sense in building some sort of a fence/barricade around the small perimeter. or to climb trees? The survivor group is just sitting in an open field in tents. Come on, try a little! </div></div>
I would build a barrier in this situation if it was for long term. My idea is if you can see the city your to damn close. I was glad to watch them kill off little sister right after going deeper into their background like the graphic novel always did. The novel would build a character then kill them off. The biggest issue I have so far is the poor handling of blood and matter. Come on in real life would you swim in zombie blood as you run around bashing heads in?
If this was real life then everyone would have been infected already by the zombie blood strands being in contact with their own. For the most part this series has been a must watch for me and my wife. It is at the end of the day fantasy so I can get passed the minor stuff. JMHO

Walking Dead rocks. Has anyone watched Dead Set ?it is awesome also

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JW Snydes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I the only one that sees the common sense in building some sort of a fence/barricade around the small perimeter. or to climb trees? The survivor group is just sitting in an open field in tents. Come on, try a little! </div></div>

This was as bad as the group on The Colony this season. Hey, I can't understand why people keep walking in here and robbing us, lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fngmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JW Snydes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I the only one that sees the common sense in building some sort of a fence/barricade around the small perimeter. or to climb trees? The survivor group is just sitting in an open field in tents. Come on, try a little! </div></div>

This was as bad as the group on The Colony this season. Hey, I can't understand why people keep walking in here and robbing us, lol. </div></div>

Actually without going OT too much, I never understood why in the hell someone does not make a gun on Colony. I damn sure could make one with the junk they have laying around, Even a primitive gun is better than no gun at all, especially when you are the owner of the gun...

I agree. At the least I would have been sleeping on top of or inside that camper.

Is everyone ready for tonight's episode?? There is only like two episodes left. I am hoping this show definitely has a second season. Best thing AMC has put out since Breaking Bad.

1:28 minnuits and counting cant wait. I am hoping for anather season.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cluebat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's already been picked up for a second season, have no fear.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Awesome I get my Zombie Fix from AMC and Dead Set.

Great episode tonight. The season finale next week should be excellent.

Last night's episode sucked. Didn't know this show was going to be more drama than action. Hope to see more plot progression in the season finale.

why all that military stuff laying around do they use shotguns? I would find a AR or at the least a 9mm and use it. I guess Hollywood has to make it bloody for ratings.

yeah I notice that too why no battlefield pick ups?
Me im taking a tank.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ovrmydeadbdy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">a shotgun is a great anti-Zombie weapon! </div></div>

But so is a belt fed .50.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Punisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why all that military stuff laying around do they use shotguns? I would find a AR or at the least a 9mm and use it. I guess Hollywood has to make it bloody for ratings. </div></div>

Wait, you'd take a 9mm M9 over a shotgun for close quarters work? That's just crazy-talk.

yes I would take a 9mm 15 rounds to a pump scatter gun that has maybe 6 or 8 rounds in it. remember 1 to the head is all it takes not removing the head( I know that works also ) I would have a AR with 30 round mags on me out the wazoo not a pump shotgun...ever tried to load one under stress?

Yeah, I have reloaded a weapon under stress. Moreover, I haven't seen that many people who can consistently hit headshots with pistols, especially 9mm. I spent a lot of time in the Army teaching people how to drive a pistol well, and it was by far the most challenging weapon for people to master. So yeah, I'd much rather most people carry shotguns than pistols.

Honestly you all fail in this discussion.. Lets recap... Shotgun yeah its ok but it is low on capacity and slow to reload. The 9mm yeah 15 shots is ok but come on really? It is not going to have the stopping power to definitely make me feel good. The 50 yep sure it has the capacity and the stopping power hell with the M2 you can torso shoot em and they are done, but moving that bastard around without a vehicle will be a problem and what if the zombies over run your 20. I think I would cabbage onto a SAW and all the nut bags I would carry with me. You have all the capacity , range accuracy and stopping power in a volume of fire you can tote. Especially if you grab the Para SAW. My second choice would be to find a Class III store and snatch the BAR that is hiding in the safe.