• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater The Walking Dead

Re: The Walking Dead

Haha, you know, it's pretty ridiculous that we're even discussing what guns we'd rather have in an apocalypse. We'll all die of old age before the zombies ever get us. So Predator can have his AR and 9mm, you can have your SAW, and me, hell, I'm moving to a deserted island. I've never seen zombies swim.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They walk on the bottom underwater. They dont need air. It may take a while but they will walk over and eat your brain. </div></div>

laugh.gif

If they came after me I would pretend I was just another zombie!
They dont seem to mess with each other...

I'm confused..in the scene where they are approaching the CDC building and tiptoeing among the bodies, they walk past a sandbagged gun emplacement with what appears to be a mounted DShK,
WTF? Did the Russians come over to help?

(Actually I think it's one of those half-assed M-60/DShK conversions they did for Rambo 2 that was laying around the prop shop)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If they came after me I would pretend I was just another zombie!
They dont seem to mess with each other... </div></div>

That is only if you have the Zombie Stank on you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JW Snydes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about a really cold area where they would freeze trying to walk to? No one ever thinks about tissue freeze in zombie world! </div></div>

I think hotter would be better, it would speed up the rotting process.

I still can't figure out how the military got over run. There's tanks all over the place in the city, you can see them in two different episodes, zombies can't use weapons, they are slow stupid easy targets.

I don't know the fuel range of the tanks but they don't even have to shoot, seal yourself in, just step on the gas and start squishing some zombies. Shoot whatever is left. BTW, when it comes to zombies shoot first, shoot second and shoot some more then ask questions, because with zombies there's always less questions.

Good series none the less. Look forward to the last episode next week.

Flyingbullseye

It is surprising how the military can get their butts whipped. When you think about it all it takes is one little mistake.

That does bring up a good point. It would be nice to see a "proper" story of the military kicking zombie butt. I mean sure. Keeping in mind the response to past disasters. Odds are they will get mowed over. You could relaunch every zombie movie that's ever been made for a full year before. Yet there will still be some dummy (even after seeing the movies) blasting a zombie in the chest screaming, "They won't go down man!" But that doesn't mean that there isn't a chance they could do it.

I'm definitely enjoying this show. Should keep things going for zombies in general. Definitely one of my favorite monsters.

2nd on the quality cast so far. Many of the actors that I've seen before have yet to let me down in this show. Including Lennie James. Really enjoyed him as Hawkins in Jericho (sucks that one got canceled). Can't wait to see more and how it will pan out.

Speaking of which I gotta look up the graphic novel this is based on.

+ 1 Flyingbullseye.

60 ton tank, just run them over!

Cool show

Spud47

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pingn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is surprising how the military can get their butts whipped. When you think about it all it takes is one little mistake.

That does bring up a good point. It would be nice to see a "proper" story of the military kicking zombie butt. I mean sure. Keeping in mind the response to past disasters. Odds are they will get mowed over. You could relaunch every zombie movie that's ever been made for a full year before. Yet there will still be some dummy (even after seeing the movies) blasting a zombie in the chest screaming, "They won't go down man!" But that doesn't mean that there isn't a chance they could do it.

I'm definitely enjoying this show. Should keep things going for zombies in general. Definitely one of my favorite monsters.

2nd on the quality cast so far. Many of the actors that I've seen before have yet to let me down in this show. Including Lennie James. Really enjoyed him as Hawkins in Jericho (sucks that one got canceled). Can't wait to see more and how it will pan out.

Speaking of which I gotta look up the graphic novel this is based on. </div></div>
If you like Graphic Novels at all this is one of the best series ever written!

Another thing,they're drawn to sound,but no supressor use ? An M4/red dot/suppressor would be my choice of medium range weapon and a suppressed .22lr for CQB.I can't wait till they run into that guy who cut his hand off on the roof.Maybe he'll come back with a chainsaw attached to his arm ?
STEVE

So far I have seen a few tanks in this show...

If I was in this posse and there were tanks, Abrhams MBT's I would start a convey of these bad boys and roam the country with it.

Worst case scenario you run outa gas and these sonso bitches swarm you... open ze hatch and lay waste with the turret mounted fifty. Even if you run outa ammo you still have an impenetrable fortress and im sure you could stash enough food and water to last a couple of weeks...

Need to take a dump? just open the floor hatch lays a few nuggets on the ground and your on your way again.

why the military gets whipped in this show, because like in all good hollywood scenario's the military shoots full auto,from the hip and don't know how to reload. Makes sense right.

I know

some dude with a 12g gets on by, whilst in a coma mind you...

while the elite soldiers with all the tanks, guns, fidys and shit get punished... hows that work?

still enjoy the show

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sharpshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everyone ready for the season finale? </div></div>
No, tonight is bitter sweet another great show but the last episode for the season. All good things come with a price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flyingbullseye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still can't figure out how the military got over run. There's tanks all over the place in the city, you can see them in two different episodes, zombies can't use weapons, they are slow stupid easy targets. </div></div>

Stupid ass Rules Of Engagement is my vote.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flyingbullseye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still can't figure out how the military got over run. There's tanks all over the place in the city, you can see them in two different episodes, zombies can't use weapons, they are slow stupid easy targets. </div></div>

Stupid ass Rules Of Engagement is my vote. </div></div>

Blame the Jag Officers
smile.gif

[they lost because they were in MOPP4 (bio threat). Zombies bite right thru that stuff.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flyingbullseye</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still can't figure out how the military got over run. There's tanks all over the place in the city, you can see them in two different episodes, zombies can't use weapons, they are slow stupid easy targets. </div></div>

Stupid ass Rules Of Engagement is my vote. </div></div>

the season finale was great. the one thing i cant figure out is if they are all almost out of gas why dont they pump some out of other shit laying around or dump acouple of the convoy and load the extra stuff in the cars they are keeping. Or hell tye the jeep to the bumper of the rv.

Hell if it was me at a minimum I would take some of those M998's or a M1025 or M1026. Although the Winebago would be mighty handy considering it has a bed and a latrine.

I have seen some of the promo's. Looks like a good show. When will it come out in a Box Set?

Spud47

It was pretty good for the first season.
It required massive suspension of disbelief. As pointed out the military is easily overrun. In the CDC there is the one guy left with a battlefield pickup. He gives a soliloquy on how events unfolded. He is a doctor but has no clue what the agent is causing the walkers. It makes no sense. They shoulda gone with a virus. Plus when they show the TS13 brain stem come alive and say no higher function exists, well guess what, the walkers are smelling, hearing and seeing their prey. So those parts of the brain are working too.
But too much analysis kills the fun of the thing.
\I like the character stories allright but like everybody else I want to see some better zombie hunts.

#$%^&@#$^&! I guess I will have to wait until March, 2011!

Spud47

I actually thought the last ep was pretty good.

Im a Virologist and virus' are what I study, test and research all day long.

I think it is totally viable to have a scientist that does not know what pathogen is causing this to occur and by what means it is doing so.

Research takes years upon years with teams of scientists all over the world working on the same problem, communicating with each other via conferences, seminars and scientific journals... There is no way one guy could easily work this out by himself. Not in such a short time frame and with limited resources.

If theres one thing I have learnt in my years as a scientist, it is that we are all just human and theres nothing that makes me any different from anyone else... the same goes for NASA scientists too. The amount of asteroids that just miss the earth and go unnoticed until its just passing by the earth is rather large and yet thats their field of expertise.

The show is just good entertainment for me, makes you think a little about what would you do.....I look forward to season 2.