• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

THEGERMANS by proxy what stupid crap you got fer Christmas??

Bender

Known Troll
Minuteman
  • Feb 12, 2014
    Cheyenne WY.
    The German is laying low for opsec reasons. But all is well. What stupid shit you got for Christmas?

Sitting on a beach in the Gulf. Not that great because the only bourbon they have is Jim Beam.
    But it's all tropical feels so the wife is happy and that's all that matters.
    IMG_20231225_132702464_HDR.jpg

I got my own Christmas gifts, as I always do, I even got a few at Christmas time....

Normally the wife and I get each other stocking stuff that the other doesn't know about until Christmas morning. This year with her having surgery a 5 days ago, I got my own stocking stuff too, as well as hers. We would have just not done them this year but have to keep up appearances for Santa for the little ones or they'd get wise to it.

I took the opportunity to get a new soldering iron, some electrical solder, a but connector kit, some smaller heat shrink tube kit, and some armorall.....As many of you know I've been making a new reloading room so pretty much I've been buying a ton of stuff lately for that and calling it "my Chris present". I got the wife a clothing steamer she's been wanting. Worked out well for me

I forgot to get the wife anything. She got me boxers, a cigar, and a Magpul toque. I need to up my game. Her birthday is early Feb so I can recover. The kids made out well because the in-laws are divorced and the BIL has no kids.
    You will NEVER be able to recover. She will bring it up 39 years from now. You are FUCKED!

FUCKED!

Which watch? Don’t we have a thread for that?

IMG_7731.jpeg

IMG_7732.jpeg

1703542257721.png

Arrived during a 15" blizzard and was waiting at the post office. My plow truck was broken, but I wasn't about to let it sit at the damn post office. So off with the HMMWV to drive into town. I should have remembered to wear a coat. And put doors on Smaug. But I was too excited. Drove through downed trees and everything!

Bremont 1918. Commemorating the formation of the RAF (from the Royal Flying Corps)

Contains metal and wood from four historic RAF planes including the Spitfire that crashed on the beach at Dunkirk. Very rare piece and beautiful in ever respect!

Funny story... was on eBay and looking at it. Price was good. But I wanted to make sure it wasn't being offered by a Nigerian Warlord using a fake picture. So messaged the seller. About 2 hours later, I get a PM here on SH from a long-time fellow watch fan who helped me buy my Codebreaker. Also an ex-10th Group guy who says "Are you the guy trying to bargain me down on my Bremont?" Bah hah ha hah ahha.... I didn't dicker on price at all. Paid asking and we're both happy! THE best watch buying story ever! Between the seller being a fellow SH'er and the pickup story.... it's a piece I treasure!

Sirhr

Last edited:
    Not Christmas but…
    So I turned 69 on Friday. Wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday. I said, well since I’m 69 how about some 69.

She laughed and said yuck.

Not sure what that means but I think it means there might be a dead dishwasher in my future too.

Z-Bolt Blazer IR and an extra LEP head, a Steiner TOR mini IR, 6K rounds of CCI SV, and a Kinetic Consulting NERD.

Bamboo Cool boxer breifs (These are awesome!)
    Pacas alpaca wool socks (These are also awesome!)
    Wrangler/Riggs work wear cargo pants.

Last edited:
    Reactions: lash
    Bad gift shit jerky that I take to work and let those guys eat.

My good gift is Friday I dropped parts off with Moon in KC.

Best part of Christmas was watching the boys open their presents.

View attachment 8305546

I won . After being hyped all day he took a nap.

My best memories of Christmas are from when my girls were little.

I have 4 days off. So, I am also off work tomorrow, which will be the best day to hunt on public land.

I liked the crack above about turning 69 and wanting some 69 and being denied.

Thankfully, I get to spend the day with my wife in the facility where she lives.

Merry Christmas.

I was cleaning around in my reloading component supply room this afternoon and was trying to remember what 8lb kegs were in my last three orders (still unopened)...plus one box was taller than the other two.

Varget, H4350, and...H4350 😄. Shit, I guess I forgot about the previous order of H4350. Oh well. Plus I found 5K CCI-450s and 200 of the 108gr ELD-M.

When you start to get senile every day is like Christmas!

The little woman bought my own personal eating out steak knife so she no longer has to listen to me bitch about dull knives.
    I supplemented that with a March Genesis 60 power scope late Sat night, no liquor involved.

Last edited:
    Reactions: lash and Bender
    Bad gift shit jerky that I take to work and let those guys eat.

My good gift is Friday I dropped parts off with Moon in KC.

Best part of Christmas was watching the boys open their presents.

View attachment 8305546

I won . After being hyped all day he took a nap.
    Mine are all piled on my bed with mom right now. They've had a big day and a great Christmas. I absolutely love seeing their faces when they see the presents on Christmas morning. We are the geeks who film it and all. We have every year. My youngest us 2 but gonna be 3 soon. He really got into Christmas this year for the first time. There's really nothing like it. Seeing him so filled with excitement and so happy. There is no gift that could ever come close.

I set up my AMP and Mate in my new loading room so thats really cool. Slowly but surely getting it all done. I'm really tired from the late night dart board and cabinet I had to put together though..... Once again the Hide came through on solid recs for that dart board! Thanks fellas!