• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Thermal monocular for under $750

408w

Private
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2017
Western ny
First time thermal buyer. Want to use this for spotting (200yards?) and tracking wounded game. What are the best options out there.

Honestly I don’t think you are going to find anything decent at that price.

I started with one of the leupold trackers and it really wasn’t good. Then moved to the Flir Scout and again was disappointed.

I was amazed at how much better the pulsar is in comparison. Just keep saving, it’s worth it.

Edit to add: it’s like asking for a .50bmg for under $1k. You might find one but you may not like the result.

Last edited:
Reactions: wigwamitus
you need to talk to myron morrow with night vision outfitters, he has been selling a firestorm monocular for 895 that beats everything else going for 2000

I saw one advertised recently made by Leupold. It looks like a 2 cell/rechargeable PIR Surefire flashlight but it's a small thermal monocular for scanning. Wanna say it was $750 on the nose.

It would have been advertised by Optics Planet or Eurooptic I'm guessing, but could have been someone else. Anyway, you know what to look for if you wanna check it out.

you need to talk to myron morrow with night vision outfitters, he has been selling a firestorm monocular for 895 that beats everything else going for 2000

Looked up some videos on this. They look similar to the scout image. You can get a pulsar HD19 or XQ30 for below $2k and they both are far superior to the scout.

The leupold tracker is really limited in capability. You can see a blob of something at 100yards though. And be backlit like shining a flashlight in your face haha. #askmehowIknow