• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Thermal plus NV duals

deersniper

Protecting the Sheep
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    What one goes on dominant eye?

Did I read that there was a green filter to put on a UTM to use with a green 14?

Thanks

I run mine with thermal over my non dominant eye because I like being able to passively aim though my optics. I use to run a breach on Sepia palette with a amber filter on the 14 but i disliked the loss of low light performance and I actually found it made things more difficult to use while running both at the same time. You essentially are switching focus from one eye to the other verse fusion.

20200906_130051.jpg
    20200906_130009.jpg

very close to doing this myself... do you like running dual this way or do you think both the same more better?
    admittingly have done 0 research...was just talking with a friend about it this weekend.

thanks man
    DT

very close to doing this myself... do you like running dual this way or do you think both the same more better?
    admittingly have done 0 research...was just talking with a friend about it this weekend.

thanks man
    DT

"Both the same" meaning dual thermal?

"Both the same" meaning dual thermal?

duel thermal OR duel 14's. ie if you see 2 thermals and 2 14's sitting on a bench which 2 are you grabbing...for varmits? with option of a laser for the 14's.

granted Im not a huge fan of rifle mounted optics as scanning is a PIA. and FOV

or would just a helmet thermal and a thermal optic mounted on rifle be ideal?

I guess I just need to do more research but it seems mixing in thermal is a new idea...and becoming more affordable.

Ive got a cheapo laser/light combo i cowitness to my aimpoint and a helmet mounted 14 but want to upgrade. fov is killing me.

thanks
    DT

Powerball aka Horta says dual thermal (skeetirx ) is the way to go.

I’m a member of the Poors so I figured I would test the fusion concept before buying a China skeet.

So far my brain takes in 90% of the NV image and 10% of the thermal image. And I get a headache. Only out the 1200 or so for mounts lol

Reactions: D_TROS
    Powerball aka Horta says dual thermal (skeetirx ) is the way to go.

I’m a member of the Poors so I figured I would test the fusion concept before buying a China skeet.

So far my brain takes in 90% of the NV image and 10% of the thermal image. And I get a headache. Only out the 1200 or so for mounts lol

Have you tried diming the 14's gain? My brain with always focus the brighter image.

Reactions: deersniper
    duel thermal OR duel 14's. ie if you see 2 thermals and 2 14's sitting on a bench which 2 are you grabbing...for varmits? with option of a laser for the 14's.

granted Im not a huge fan of rifle mounted optics as scanning is a PIA. and FOV

or would just a helmet thermal and a thermal optic mounted on rifle be ideal?

I guess I just need to do more research but it seems mixing in thermal is a new idea...and becoming more affordable.

Ive got a cheapo laser/light combo i cowitness to my aimpoint and a helmet mounted 14 but want to upgrade. fov is killing me.

thanks
    DT

I guess it depends on your intended use/ hunting style, ect. 1x thermal has plenty of FOV for scanning. I had a hell of a time locating coyotes with just NV its really amazing all the things you miss without thermal.

I have never used dual thermal so I can't help you there.

Agree with the previous comments: NOD on dominant eye, can immediately go passive aiming. Thermal therefore goes non-dominant.

I also have a neck-workout setup (sorta big thermal), just have it set up on dovetail on the bridge to snap on and off easily, have a SORD semi-hard case on my LBE then try to snap the thermal up there only when needed. Worth practicing doing that in, you know... the dark :)

thanks man
    DT
    Skeet and wp14 are. Awesome