• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Thermal Scope for Ruger 77/22

Charger442

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 2, 2010
    South Texas
    So i have debated selling this gun a few times but i think i want to turn it into my silent, homebase, night varment eradicator. i have several other 77/22 but this one gets less use than my Green Hornet and the other tack driver with a nice Green Mountain barrel.

This rifle has a "rare" (ie discontinued) Volquartesen CF threaded barrel so the gun is super light and very handy. i have a Voodoo for clipon work with my large frame hog killing setup. i would really like a dedicated thermal scope for this little thing. im selling my C35 Steiner and that would fund this thermal purchase (hopefully).

my preliminary thoughts are Pulsar Thermion. i dont need LRF. anything else i should consider for inside 100 yards with a rimfire? ill post pics of the gun tonight.

i debated putting this in the rimfire section, but i think NV advice is what i want, not necessarily rimfire.

If you're up for Chinese, we have some S35s for $2,800 ... :)

If you're up for Chinese, we have some S35s for $2,800 ... :)

well, im just going to be hungry again right after Chinese. 😂

im not against the steiner as im selling the clipon but i dont know if its right for this platform.

So i have debated selling this gun a few times but i think i want to turn it into my silent, homebase, night varment eradicator. i have several other 77/22 but this one gets less use than my Green Hornet and the other tack driver with a nice Green Mountain barrel.

This rifle has a "rare" (ie discontinued) Volquartesen CF threaded barrel so the gun is super light and very handy. i have a Voodoo for clipon work with my large frame hog killing setup. i would really like a dedicated thermal scope for this little thing. im selling my C35 Steiner and that would fund this thermal purchase (hopefully).

my preliminary thoughts are Pulsar Thermion. i dont need LRF. anything else i should consider for inside 100 yards with a rimfire? ill post pics of the gun tonight.

i debated putting this in the rimfire section, but i think NV advice is what i want, not necessarily rimfire.
    AGM Rattler TS50-640…

Here's the gun
    PXL_20231110_024555909.jpg

AGM Rattler TS50-640…

i worry about bolt handle clearance issues with that. 2.5x on the low end seems a little high and has a narrow FOV for a 25-75 yard killing field. Armasight Contractor 2.3x has 30% larger FOV.

I have the sightmark wraith mini on my AEA .25 cal PCP airgun , and it's great for close range varmint control , and is under 2k.

Reactions: Charger442
    i have the Nox35 in hand and its exceptional. i still have a little work to do on getting it mounted at the correct height and eye relief. looks like i can get a specific mount for it made by billet precision. will be excellent, i believe. what a great suggestion. going to be nice to varmint shot with a silent 22lr.

Reactions: wigwamitus
    i have the Nox35 in hand and its exceptional. i still have a little work to do on getting it mounted at the correct height and eye relief. looks like i can get a specific mount for it made by billet precision. will be excellent, i believe. what a great suggestion. going to be nice to varmint shot with a silent 22lr.
    Post pics when you get it together.