• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thermogenics - who uses them?

lariat

Two Star General
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2018
In the market for a good thermogenic, not a bunch of overmarketed nothing in powder form and not necessarily something that causes tachycardia. What are you guys using? Meth and Adderall don't count.

Only a 4 days in but so far TRT gas been better than any supplement, pre workout, fat burner ect.

Just finished a 5x5 workout with squats and deadlifts, making PRs on both.

I was on strattera for a while before I had to quite. Its a Nonstimulant safer alternitive to riddalin/meth. Got dependent on it and it losses its efficay over time. Need to cycle on and cycle off but withdraw sucked so quit it all together.

I’ll pass on that one. Death would Slow my slowing metabolism a little too much.

I use Alpha Lion Cheetah Burn and Gains Candy with Mito Burn as a stack and like it.
WAT?

1599586358836.png

• Haha
Reactions: clcustom1911

Gains candy is a non - stim supplement and the Cheetah Burn caffeine content is relatively mild compared to the majority of supplements on the market. It doesn’t have to be used as a stack but is promoted to be more effective and can be tailored to the end users needs. I’ve also never felt shitty with an upset stomach or crash after using it like some other supplements.

Reactions: Josh1978
I get you brother. I was just laughing at the branding and names of some of this shit.

I stopped taking all Pre-workouts, Caffeine, coffee,ect and feel a ton better.

Starting doing the Vertical diet 2 weeks ago and all my gastro problems went away. Been dealing with literal shit for last 20 years and POOF, gone.

1599691470074.png

1599691483765.png

Reactions: CBDR and The D
I took some Origin Labs Discipline pre-workout tonight and then burned nearly 2000 calories while sitting down for three hours.

Screenshot_20200909-223551.png

This shit clearly works miracles.

We can still get ephedra - ma huang.

Evidently you can still by the herb but not the purified drug. Make the tea, put in some Nescafe instant coffee. I'm going to try this.

Evidently you can still by the herb but not the purified drug. Make the tea, put in some Nescafe instant coffee. I'm going to try this.
It’s not the same. Xenadrine was the shit.

I’ve used these for years, work great for me and doesn’t have a bunch of extra crap you don’t need, not expensive, and if you put the work in with it are a great supplement.

RSP QuadraLean Thermogenic Fat Burner for Men & Women, Weight Loss Supplement, Crash-Free Energy, Metabolism Booster & Appetite Suppressant, Diet Pills, 60 Serv (Packaging May Vary) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IX87MQU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_BlIwFbSTJSYQ7

Yep - a buddy of mine whips up his own capsules.

It's great that I can go murder my lungs with unregulated vaping products, but ephedra is deemed too dangerous. FDA logic 🤷‍♂️

Would just suggest a better diet. Most thermogenics now are just big doses of caffiene as all the "good stuff" has been banned.
Alternatively, you could try DNP (as suggested - side effects include sudden cardiac arrest), T3 (enjoy the arrhythmia), or clenbuterol (enjoy the palpitations/tachycardia).
Speaking of T3, would suggest you get labs done to make sure you're not testosterone-deficient or hypothyroid.

I hear that exercise is a good way to increase metabolism, and it may have some other beneficial side effects. Might be worth a try.

Reactions: Blaster7Romeo
I hear that exercise is a good way to increase metabolism, and it may have some other beneficial side effects. Might be worth a try.
You mean in addition to the six day a week schedule of lifting and cardio I already have?

I get you brother. I was just laughing at the branding and names of some of this shit.

I stopped taking all Pre-workouts, Caffeine, coffee,ect and feel a ton better.

Starting doing the Vertical diet 2 weeks ago and all my gastro problems went away. Been dealing with literal shit for last 20 years and POOF, gone.

View attachment 7420163
View attachment 7420164

This podcast with Stan Efferding is really good

But, back to op. I haven’t been to the gym in several years since my first son was born and my work schedule changed. Hopefully that will change soon, my wife and I are talking about gym memberships now. In the past I’ve used many from all sorts of brands. The one I used the most was hydroxycut but I see that sold in target and walmart now so I have no idea if it’s still any good. You could see if you could find some samples of several thermogenics to see what you do and don’t like.

I had a part time job at a gnc and vitamin world several years ago and have been a gym rat for years and years so take this advice for what it’s worth.

*Start with half the recommended dose!* It’s not going to hurt to creep up on your tolerance. And it will definitely hurt if you just throw caution to the wind and start with double the max dose. I heard from plenty of customers who underestimated the recommendations and couldn’t sleep for a few nights because they tried starting their dose high and working down

In the market for a good thermogenic, not a bunch of overmarketed nothing in powder form and not necessarily something that causes tachycardia. What are you guys using? Meth and Adderall don't count.

Well since all the good stuff doesn’t count, just caffeine in insane high doses. Build up, ween off. Now a days that’s all thermogenics are, with a price tag of $50 and a bunch of non-FDA approved rando plants and garbage that no one ever heard of ever since ephedrine started being regulated.

OR...just an idea, whether you are a fatty trying not be fat or weather you do that gay ass bulking/dirty bulking etc which is all just being fat...while working out, trying eating clean. Put down the fork. Drink some coffee (black), drink water only, stop the sugars, stop the fatty foods. Get your work out in. You’ll be fine.

If you are going to do serious cutting, like you work on a movie set and need to drop 20lbs in 8 days, don’t be a bitch about it. Get some Clen.

Lots of incorrect assumptions going on here so let me clear it up. 6’1”, 12% bf. Workout beyond regularly and eat stupid clean - carnivore from my own grass fed beef. But the age thing might be catching up. Feels like it anyway. Test tests are acceptable so no trt.

D - I am currently using Hydroxycut. All it does is make me shit like a pet coon - everywhere, all the time. This stuff is better than ex-lax, so it does have a legit use.

Reactions: The D
Lots of incorrect assumptions going on here so let me clear it up. 6’1”, 12% bf. Workout beyond regularly and eat stupid clean - carnivore from my own grass fed beef. But the age thing might be catching up. Feels like it anyway. Test tests are acceptable so no trt.

D - I am currently using Hydroxycut. All it does is make me shit like a pet coon - everywhere, all the time. This stuff is better than ex-lax, so it does have a legit use.
The last hydroxycut I used was some stronger version cleverly marketed as “EXTREME!” or some shit. There may be some differences in the formulation but it never gave me the shits. If it’s really a problem, check for some samples of different stuff and see if something works better

It’s not a super big deal. I bought it so I’ll use it up. Just not on a road trip.

serious?
i guess i could suggest "thyroid support", which tend to be a megadose of vitamin b12 and selenium (fat metabolism).
green tea pills are another option that probably won't kill you. these tend to be green tea (anti-oxidant) and the equivalent of 4 cups of coffee.

personally, i just drink a light or medium roast coffee in the mornings (more caffeine than dark roast).

afaik, hydroxycut now (it used to have lots of things) is mostly something called Robusta extracted from a kind of green coffee bean.
i believe this might mean it is just caffeine?

Does Robusta coffee extract have caffeine?
Generally, Robusta coffee extracts contain twice as much caffeine as Arabica, and its content varies from 3.41 % per dry mass in Arabica type from Laos or Rwanda to 8.16 % in Robusta coffee from Indonesia.Feb 9, 2016

Find a new Doc. Your levels are one thing but if you exibit symptoms of Low T you may not be where you should be. Plenty of Docs out there willing to treat you even if your numbers are within normal range.

because it is basically caffeine from green coffee beans (imho) and so coffee basically does the same thing.

because it is basically caffeine from green coffee beans (imho) and so coffee basically does the same thing.
I think there is a difference between the effects of caffeine and coffee beans, at least for me. I take a caffeine pill every morning when I get up and no issues until I have my jug of joe. Coffee and this version of Hydroxycut have the aforementioned bodily effects, which makes me think you are right and that it isn’t just straight caffeine but the extract that has other compounds that come with the caffeine. Maybe it’s just my body chemistry though, seems like everyone’s is different to one degree or another.

I think there is a difference between the effects of caffeine and coffee beans, at least for me. I take a caffeine pill every morning when I get up and no issues until I have my jug of joe. Coffee and this version of Hydroxycut have the aforementioned bodily effects, which makes me think you are right and that it isn’t just straight caffeine but the extract that has other compounds that come with the caffeine. Maybe it’s just my body chemistry though, seems like everyone’s is different to one degree or another.
They are just extracts. But the extracts active ingredient is caffeine. The problem with taking “supplements” is that there is no oversight, so you never 100% know what they are using. But it’s caffeine. Again, bump up doses, ween off. Your body will get use to it, and it will lose its effect.

I still stand by my fist post. Even at 12%, diet can still bring you down some. If that is a life you want. Eating clean is not about knowing where your beef is eating grass. Or if you want to use “supplements” and don’t want to use ephedrine aka what meth is made of, then get some clen. If you don’t want to do medical grade px to cut, or refine your diet or workout then you don’t want it that bad.

You mean in addition to the six day a week schedule of lifting and cardio I already have?

So if you feel that you're already putting enough metobolic stress on your body via physical exertion, what's the point of adding even more stress via chemical methods?

So if you feel that you're already putting enough metobolic stress on your body via physical exertion, what's the point of adding even more stress via chemical methods?
Personal standards, goals and free will.

I used to stack Lean Mode and Trans4orm during my cuts. I had good results with them and didn’t get side effects that I had with other products.

I used to stack Lean Mode and Trans4orm during my cuts. I had good results with them and didn’t get side effects that I had with other products.
Thanks. I’ll look into these.

I used to use a thermogenic called oxyelite pro. The original formula was insane and then the FDA pulled it from the market. I'm sure everyone's experience is going to be different, but that stuff got me wired up. My temperature stayed a bit higher, I was not hungry ever due to appetite suppression, my blood pressure was high, and I could run through the construction sight sun up to down. It was like unlimited energy. Also, I could drink all night and slightly function even though my brain had checked out hours before. It was proven to leave me blackout drunk. It reminded me of adderol from back during finals week.

That being said, I highly don't recommend them at all!

It's all diet, diet, diet, exercise, sleep. I lost 60lbs just cleaning up my lifestyle over the course of a year without a fat burner and I'm lean as hell now.

Ephedrine, caffeine, and aspirin is still the best Thermo/fat burner/energy stimulant you can legally get.
Go to the pharmacy and buy som Bronkaide. (It’s for asthma) but it has 25mg of ephedrine. Drink with your morning coffee and give it 30 min. Easy peezy.

I have used Bronkaide and Primatine in the past. Mini-thins were my go to when it was pure ephedrine.

Oxidative phosphorylation uncouplers are a little too high speed for us commonfolk.

🤣🤣🤣

I'll take some old skool ECA from ephedrawarehouse
DNP is too fucking rough. You have to take it in the middle of winter and even then swear like a pig. It’s not to much the heat but the overwhelming lethargy that comes with it.

YES!! I didn’t think you could still find that anywhere. Shit was 🔥
Take one 1 tab the first couple times. Its ECA+yohimbine. When it "kicks in" prepare to be ready to have something to do to occupy your mind for about 30-45 minutes. Its definitely not a time-released formula LOL

Take one 1 tab the first couple times. Its ECA+yohimbine. When it "kicks in" prepare to be ready to have something to do to occupy your mind for about 30-45 minutes. Its definitely not a time-released formula LOL
Oh I’ve taken them before. Was the best over the counter fat burner I ever used.

The only thing with the mini thins was that when I came down it dropped me like a bad habit every time. Total crash, no way to recover unless I took another. When I left them “for good” I was 145 lbs which for me is too thin, like a bag of antlers thin.

But that feeling of my hair crawling off my scalp and down my neck...that’s was how I knew I was in the zone. And focus was off the charts.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Darkside-Six
The only thing with the mini thins was that when I came down it dropped me like a bad habit every time. Total crash, no way to recover unless I took another. When I left them “for good” I was 145 lbs which for me is too thin, like a bag of antlers thin.

But that feeling of my hair crawling off my scalp and down my neck...that’s was how I knew I was in the zone. And focus was off the charts.
When they first came out I was in highschool. We varsity football players) took a little bottle and mixed it in with a jug of ice tea before a few of our games. The defense was off the fucking walls but yeah.....that crash afterword was chaos. 😂😂😂😂😂