• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Thin Carry Pistol

Re: Thin Carry Pistol

I know the op doesn't want a manual safety but +1 for the sig 938. Im very impressed with how well it handles recoil, even from +p. Im a pretty small guy (5'7 140) and It's easily concealable with whatever I wear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SpenceDaddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try the Diamondback 9mm its a cross between the Khar and a Glock. </div></div>

I am gonna have to agree with a few other with a HUGE No on the DB9. I bought on recently, read everything to make them run, polished where it was rough. Cleaned, lubed, racked the slide a few hundred times, cleaned and lubed again...Range day 1 shot and the trigger broke. At least my POS Keltec P-11 made it to 40 rounds before it broke.

I think I will be looking at the Kahr.

Karsten

I have a Walther and it shoots real nice but a pain to break down and clean with ots fixed barrel compared to a Glock. I also have a gen 4 G23 and just love it, but if you want a 9mm go with the G26 which is small enough to carry in a front pocket with the right holster. Opps, I think I just talked myself into a second Glock:)

I believe they are coming out with the XDs in 9mm. As an owner of the .45 I love it but the 9mm should be even thinner. I would wait for the 9mm if you haven't bought one yet and try it if you are set on that caliber. Springfield makes a very nice gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Karsten</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SpenceDaddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try the Diamondback 9mm its a cross between the Khar and a Glock. </div></div>

I am gonna have to agree with a few other with a HUGE No on the DB9. I bought on recently, read everything to make them run, polished where it was rough. Cleaned, lubed, racked the slide a few hundred times, cleaned and lubed again...Range day 1 shot and the trigger broke. At least my POS Keltec P-11 made it to 40 rounds before it broke.

I think I will be looking at the Kahr.

Karsten </div></div>

I made a reference to the Diamond Back pistol before. We've seen nothing but problems with them. Significant problems.

TTR

Wow, I've got a DB .380 & it's been nothing but fantastic. I keep hearing about problems with the DB9, but the .380 seems to be fine.

Broke in my new Sig P938 today. Wow! Great pistola. Ran over 100 Speer 124+p Gold Dots (1005 fps) without a hiccup. Very controllable, great accuracy. Quarter sized 7-shot groups at 7 yds. Installed the Crimson Trace laser. Thinner, shorter and less length than my M&P 340 (Scandium frame) 357 Mag plus the benefit of 2-3 more shots (6 or 7 rd mag). Muscle memory of 1911 shooters.

6.5x47

I carry a Kahr CW9 in a crossbreed super tuck holster. The gun is very accurate and very reliable. I carry my Sig p220 ST, but the Kahr just disappears. You could do much worse than a Kahr.

I had a PM9 that I really liked. Then I ran across something I thought I wanted more. Traded the PM9 for it. AAAARRRRGGGGHHH.
Had to buy another brand new one. It's on my do not sell/trade list along with the gun I traded for and my new XDS. ;)

Good stuff. The XDS is a nice carry pistol. I swapped mine for my new Shield as I wanted the extra capacity in 9mm.

Get a Kahr K9. Slim. Metal framed so tames recoil well. I've found the trigger to be smoother and let-off point more consistemt than their polymer framed guns too.

Since it was mentioned, I just had a chance to hold a Walther PPS two weeks ago and I did not think I'd like it, but I was very impressed with it altogether....this is coming from someone who thinks a 1911 is a thin grip, so take it with a grain of salt. (Big Hands here)

I think the Kahr is your slimmest, best bet. When i carry mine in a Comp Tac iwb holster, on a good belt, I often freak the f**k out and nonchalantly pat myself down cuz I think I've dropped it. It feels like you are carrying nothing at all. I have a CW 9 now, but I have also had the P 9 and the smaller PM9. Never had malfunctions, simple to operate-well, for men it is-they got a hell of a recoil spring, that's why I don't let my wife carry it. (She has a simple J frame) It works great in a shirt tucker holster, and it rides nice and flat in a pocket holster, if you gotta have your shirt tucked in. (at work, dinner, etc.)

One vote for Sig P239 9mm.
Single stack 8+1 capacity. Slide is as wide as a Glock19 but shorter, but the grip is much thinner and not as tall.
DA/SA trigger with crisp SA and short reset trigger. No manual safety, but a de-cocker.
Good heft for light recoil, all metal frame with full length rails, and shoots very straight with factory night sites.
Got me the new carry-melt "SAS(lol)" version and its easy on the hands and leather/kydex.
There it is: one vote for P239 in your box!

surprised no one has mentioned ruger LC9. the manual saftey is a non issue in a DAO gun,IMHO. kahr is always a great option. love my XDs. they are bringing it out in 9mm. not the best 9mm choice,i think. heavier than ruger,kahr etc.

get a shield and either remove the thumb safety when you drop in an apex kit or duh! don't use it. hard to engage the damn thing anyway.
additionally you could always wait for springfield to release the xds9

Have you checked out a Rohrbaugh R9? Fantastic 9mm carry.

Weight 14.4 oz.
Height 3.86"
Length 5.18"
Slide Width 0.83"
Maximum Grip Width 0.956"
Frame Width 0.625"
Maximum Width 0.956"
Trigger Pull 6.44 lbs.
Trigger Reach 2.63"
Barrel Length 2.9"
Magazine Capacity 6

Last edited:
Absolutely love my M&P Shield... 1" thick but doesn't feel small in hand. Only been able to put around 100rds through it so far, but I've shot it with a limp and tight wrist with no failures. Accurate little pistol too. Shot through the top cap of an ice mountain water bottle at 10ft on my 2nd shot. I have a DeSantis ankle holster which I really like, but I need to find a better option when wearing shorts.

What holsters are people using with their M&P Shield?

The Walther PPS recommended above is what came to mind for me. It is a shame you don't want a thumb safety, as a commander size 9mm 1911 would be a sweet carry gun.

Sig 938, its tiny, accurate, good night sights, and feels just like a mini 1911. Everyone who has shot mine has loved it. Two of my buddies have gone out and purchased one after.

Kel Tec PF9 is one of the slimmest profile single stack 9mms you will find. The weight is also a great selling point. I also have a Kahr CW9 and have no complaints. The CW9 is a little bulkier than the PF9 but the recoil is also slightly easier to control with that firearm.

Like my M&P shield so much I bought a second,one in 9mm and one in 40.

If you can forgive the fact that it's only .32 ACP, go really old school and pick up a 1903 Hammerless. Skinny, insanely well built, dead nuts accurate, and a JMB Production.

Smith and Wesson M&P Sheild i love it, recoil is like shooting a .22. i carry it in a Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC holster.I just dont use the safety I dont need it.

I had a Kahr CW9 and sold it the day i shot the Shield it wouldnt load Semi-Wadcutter rounds and jammed like crazy and felt really cheep compared to my shield.
I carry my Shield everyday and wouldnt trade it for anything.

why is there no love for the SW bodyguard .380? The laser is stupid but the pistol is a great size!

why is there no love for the SW bodyguard .380? The laser is stupid but the pistol is a great size!

Its .380, has a heavy long trigger, and hasn't proven itself to be incredibly reliable.

I have one, and it's my go to for pocket carry times at the moment, but I'm planning on going to a J Frame when I get the chance. The firing pin is known to break, and .380 is less then stellar in the ballistics department.

Overall I like it, it has its place, but I would recommend either a Shield for IWB or a J Frame for pocket carry instead of the bodyguard.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Get another g26 but get the extended mag tho ! 1374365561323.jpg

Another vote for the XDs in 9mm. They're a little too new to tout the reliability but if the 45 is an indicator it should be a great pistol. Why no safety? You don't have to engage it.

My PPS disappears under shorts and tshirt. Can't beat it for summer carry. Very accurate. Ugly as sin. I like it. ;-)

Another Kahr vote here! Not as slim as the PM9 but I've carried either a PM45 or P45 for the last several years. The PM series carried better overall but the P series fit my hand SO much better.

I'm happy with my xds45.
good accuracy, moderate recoil for such a small package. Prefer shooting it over my lcp380.

For carry guns I love my Kahr's. I have theMK40, and PM40. Also very happy with my Sig p239, and had a S&W , but gave it to my dad. 9 times out of ten I will grab the Kahr PM40 when I leave the house.

Had a Kel Tec PF9, Kahr CW9, and Glock 26, now I carry a Shield I like thr trigger so much better, less recoil an with the 8 round mag it fits my hand. Being a single stack it is easy to conceal, comfortable to carry, easy to shoot and has good combat accuracy. Most of the time I don't realize that I am carrying it,