• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Things to do in Seattle

Fun Seattle game - arrange the piles of heroin needles into squares and play hopscotch! You can even get some good competition going from the bums!

Other than the gun laws, which really didn't affect me being a business traveler mainly in boardrooms, Seattle has always been the least interesting West Coast city, other than unimPortland. All of the things you mention were always better in San Francisco than they were in Seattle, other than the guns. They both are trash now, so who cares, but Seattle was never a great city. Washington was, without doubt, a great state, and was a lot longer than CA was.

Have you ever payed CA taxes?

Or dared to have a car painted, emissions, building permits, etc?

CA is pretty, good food and good looking women, but the rest has been shit since the 90s

CA is like TX, same shit, they are “free” in their own little far political ideology, but not as far as real individual liberty.

Where WA is/was unique is how they transcend dumb political ideology, not many places are down with gays getting hitched, weed being smoked, no income tax and having a 30rd mag all in the same state

Have you ever payed CA taxes?

Or dared to have a car painted, emissions, building permits, etc?

CA is pretty, good food and good looking women, but the rest has been shit since the 90s
Dude, this thread is about visiting, not living in. I wouldn't live in either state.

Dude, this thread is about visiting, not living in. I wouldn't live in either state.

It’s all goes to the nature of the state and atmosphere.

Per spending a week, think there’s plenty of recommends to more than fill a week, tons of stuff to do if you can get out of the city too, heck just exploring the San Juan’s would do it.

Reactions: 10ring'r
Wow, thanks for all the suggestions. May have to stay a bit longer. Need to save this thread.

The Brooklyn Raw bar, Pike Place Chowder House, Post Alley, and The Underground Tour.

The tour is quirky but it tells your about how the city sank a level. and where the "Seamstresses" lived.

Good luck and have fun!

Reactions: Maggot
WA is/was unique is how they transcend dumb political ideology,
You can say this (well, type it) with a straight face? Wow

Reactions: Aftermath
You can say this (well, type it) with a straight face? Wow

Yes, yes I can.
I clearly articulated that my opinion was not the “new and improved” version of Seattle, but the Seattle of 10 years or so ago. I think I said that a few times.

It very sad what is happening to Seattle, I’m not sure they could pull out of the dive they are in now, actually Anthony bordane even called it out with all the “tech bro’s”

Last edited:
I’m not sure it Beth’s is still open but eating an omelette there in the early morning hours was always interesting.
Yep;

We used to go there in about 1980 after closing out the bars. The busiest time for them was about 2 am to 5 am. We'd go in there hammered. The cook would have his boom box up on the flame hood, cranked to 11, playing Stairway. Completely distorted, but everyone's still going nuts anyway. It ends, some drunk gets up and yells "Stairway" !!! and the cook rewinds the cassette and starts it all over again. I'd take girlfriends in there and we'd split an omelette. We'd still have about half of it left to take home with us. Good times.

Reactions: Steel head
Last I was in Denver was about 10 years back. Has it gone down that fast?
Downtown is pretty gross. I work just south of the city and there are homeless camps everywhere. The cops shake em down periodically and they scatter and re-group somewhere else in a day or so. The bridge I get off at currently has a camp alongside it that just popped up.

Yep;

We used to go there in about 1980 after closing out the bars. The busiest time for them was about 2 am to 5 am. We'd go in there hammered. The cook would have his boom box up on the flame hood, cranked to 11, playing Stairway. Completely distorted, but everyone's still going nuts anyway. It ends, some drunk gets up and yells "Stairway" !!! and the cook rewinds the cassette and starts it all over again. I'd take girlfriends in there and we'd split an omelette. We'd still have about half of it left to take home with us. Good times.

Sounds like the Texas Tavern, a little joint in Lynchburg Virginia near where I grew up. Open 24/7 andthe place to get some food, coffee and try to sober up before driving home. They had all these wild signs on the walls like" Try a glass of milk, deep enough to swim a horse in. A very small horse."

The standard order was "Gimme two gagdogs and a bowl of indigestion." Its still there and thriving 50 years later.

Yep;

Yep!
The night life at Beth’s is always interesting
I used to go there after street racing my Malibu.

There was a Beth’s in bothel and it had even better food but was a lot more normal crowd.

There used to be a little shop in Ballard with the best lutefisk I ever had just off of market.
Wonder if it’s still there?

There used to be a little shop in Ballard with the best lutefisk I ever had just off of market.
Wonder if it’s still there?
Dunno, probably not. Haven't been to Snoose Hollow for decades, but it's pretty gentrified now. Lutefisk is just not something that did anything for me other than cause involuntary gag reflexes......

Dunno, probably not. Haven't been to Snoose Hollow for decades, but it's pretty gentrified now. Lutefisk is just not something that did anything for me other than cause involuntary gag reflexes......
I grew up in northern Minnesota where it was normal food.
The Ballard stuff was a lot firmer and milder flavor.
closer to pickled texture than the hardcore fish jello.

I forgot to mention...I'm not sure if it's still a "thing" in the PNW or not.....BUT, if you like coffee and supporting small business and perhaps young woman with daddy issues, there was several Natte Latte type drive thru coffee shops around north & south Seattle and over on the sound where you were served your warm morning cup o' joe with some T n' A and a smile. Not saying I've ever been to those types of franchises *ahem* but, the coffee was really good and the view was worth it. Just sayin'....It used to be a business trend out in Seattle. Call it a DD or sometimes DDD silver lining under the clouds. ;)

Reactions: TurboTrout
Most people think that Snoose Hollow is full of Swedes. They are there, but the majority are Noorvegians..........

Being Irish, I'm in no position to judge whether "Min_nuh_so_ta" or Snoose Hollow Lutefisk is better. Not that I want to know any way........

hahahaha....Lutefisk is the only food existent that in comparison makes gefilte fish look edible! LOL

Although, it is a close call. haha

1610758321395.png

1610758283505.png

Reactions: Steel head
hahahaha....Lutefisk is the only food existent that in comparison makes gefilte fish look edible! LOL

Although, it is a close call. haha

View attachment 7529014

View attachment 7529013
Those look disgusting.
Ever tried Monkfish? Its like biting into a bag of thick jello that tastes like sewage. I ordered it one night and spit the rirst bite back on the plate, Ruined my apetite.

• Haha
Reactions: Baron23
So the people that live Seattle / Portland and a 1/2 dozen other liberal shitholes had their downtown areas burned and looted etc. for a couple of months and for the most part the Mayors and Governors let it happen. They told the police forces to stand down and let them do their thing. The question is did the folks ( who are majority Democrat) that live in those cities vote for Biden and are they going to vote to reelect the Mayor when the time comes? Can they be that stupid?

Most people think that Snoose Hollow is full of Swedes. They are there, but the majority are Noorvegians..........

Being Irish, I'm in no position to judge whether "Min_nuh_so_ta" or Snoose Hollow Lutefisk is better. Not that I want to know any way........
Lol
True.
Listening to my Swedish grandpa banter with his norskie friends at the cafe while eating chipped beef on toast with green beans was the best!

So the people that live Seattle / Portland and a 1/2 dozen other liberal shitholes had their downtown areas burned and looted etc. for a couple of months and for the most part the Mayors and Governors let it happen. They told the police forces to stand down and let them do their thing. The question is did the folks ( who are majority Democrat) that live in those cities vote for Biden and are they going to vote to reelect the Mayor when the time comes? Can they be that stupid?
Yes!

Maggot...if you did not like Monkfish it must have been fake, spoiled or prepared by an idiot. One of the finest fishes one could ever eat. It’s called poor mans lobster for a very good reason.

Yes

If you are into coffee go to the La Marzocco coffee shop if its open or the Starbucks Roastery.
Drive out to the San Juans for a day road trip. Ferries. Old WW2 Bunkers. Some nice hikes.
Sculpture Park

Sounds like the Texas Tavern, a little joint in Lynchburg Virginia near where I grew up. Open 24/7 andthe place to get some food, coffee and try to sober up before driving home. They had all these wild signs on the walls like" Try a glass of milk, deep enough to swim a horse in. A very small horse."

The standard order was "Gimme two gagdogs and a bowl of indigestion." Its still there and thriving 50 years later.
There's a Texas Tavern in Roanoke, that I frequented as a youth in the 60's. I think they just celebrated their 89th year. Tiny place with a few bar stools, hot dogs , hamburgers and chili. I can remember sitting at the end stool next to the tiny kitchen and watching the cook dig a pint of whiskey out of a giant pot of uncooked beans, take a swig and then bury it again.

texas tavern.jpg

• Love
giphy.gif

Because shall issue permits, no stupid gun laws...

Ill be in Seattle for a week or so next July. Other than the scenery what are some good things to do. Doesnt have to be firearm related.
Go to the mountains. Three places that should be on your bucket list:

1. Hoh Rainforest. You'd need at least 2 days (4hr drive each way). My advice would be to take the northern route around the Olympic mountains to get there from Seattle. 3hr drive from Seattle. It's just an incredible place that you'd have to experience to appreciate.

2. Mt. Baker trail named Heliotrope Ridge. It's just under a 3 mile hike to get up close to the ridge where you can literally walk up to the glaciers. You can also see the snow capped Canadian Cascades close to the north. Go on a clear day and bring a good camera (you'll regret it otherwise).

D1C6FEA5-65CD-4154-9BD3-5139D5632FBA.jpeg

92F5D1AB-30C7-4975-B573-76A6FB0F3FBB.jpeg
EC40D83F-8EAF-49BA-92C7-B4A7BCDA270B.jpeg

3. Mt. Rainier. I'd argue that you would need 6 months to see a good enough portion of the mountain to really appreciate it. It looks different from nearly every angle / approach, and the sub-alpine scenery changes depending on which side you're on. If I had to recommend where to go, I would first say avoid "Paradise". Waste of time IMO. I would drive out to the White River trail and hike up a mile and change and witness one of the most spectacular views that you could ever see.

5E2EC2C1-73CB-4C14-9820-9E8A558362BE.jpeg

If you're not in shape or can't hike for any reason, drive out to "Sunset". It can get crowded there,
so go early.

Other than that, I would check out the Museum of Flight. They have some incredible stuff there.

Go to the mountains. Three places that should be on your bucket list:

1. Hoh Rainforest. You'd need at least 2 days (4hr drive each way). My advice would be to take the northern route around the Olympic mountains to get there from Seattle. 3hr drive from Seattle. It's just an incredible place that you'd have to experience to appreciate.

2. Mt. Baker trail named Heliotrope Ridge. It's just under a 3 mile hike to get up close to the ridge where you can literally walk up to the glaciers. You can also see the snow capped Canadian Cascades close to the north. Go on a clear day and bring a good camera (you'll regret it otherwise).

View attachment 7530325
View attachment 7530329View attachment 7530331
3. Mt. Rainier. I'd argue that you would need 6 months to see a good enough portion of the mountain to really appreciate it. It looks different from nearly every angle / approach, and the sub-alpine scenery changes depending on which side you're on. If I had to recommend where to go, I would first say avoid "Paradise". Waste of time IMO. I would drive out to the White River trail and hike up a mile and change and witness one of the most spectacular views that you could ever see.

View attachment 7530332

If you're not in shape or can't hike for any reason, drive out to "Sunset". It can get crowded there,
so go early.

Other than that, I would check out the Museum of Flight. They have some incredible stuff there.
Heliotrope is an awesome hike . Took my parents up there a few years ago. Last big hike they probably will do. Made some great memories. Lots of good spots in the North Cascade and with a week I would def. put it on the list.