• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Things you hear from LGS employees

Last edited:
By "Young Woman" do you mean a 9 year old? What 9mm will beat your hand so bad your raw and bleeding?
Ever shoot 50 rounds of 38+P thru a S&W Airweight with boot grips?

I can assure you i don't have butter hands and the web of my rh between thumb and index finger will be cut and bloodied by the end.

Some handguns are just nasty

Ever shoot 50 rounds of 38+P thru a S&W Airweight with boot grips?

I can assure you i don't have butter hands and the web of my rh between thumb and index finger will be cut and bloodied by the end.

Some handguns are just nasty
Yes i have. What's that got to do with a semiautomatic smith 9mm beating someones hand bloody and raw?
Did any of you think to maybe check her grip and give her some guidance? My wife has no problem putting hundreds of rounds thru her S&W Shield 40 cal. She is petite woman.
If that happened something else was wrong besides the gun and it being a female.

In mid 70's I was inside a close friends LGS ,along with another friend and shooter . As we were exchanging half truths and a few fables ,in came a man in his mid 40's I'd guess who seemed out of place but none the less entered into the shop . Just looking at all the gun displays ,so we continued our conversation for a bit.
When all of a sudden coming across the parking outside the big front windows ,was a young lady perhaps 16-20 years of age ?.
Well the owner of the shop made the comment " Now there's a face that would stop a clock " . She was homely ugly .

The man who entered into the shop looked up ,walked towards the door opened it called out her name and repeated what the owner said .

Seemingly quite unaware of what he had just repeated to his daughter , she shouted out a few choice phrases of her own . He turned back and told us all to F ourselves and walked out .

Apparently it was his daughter :eek: I don't recall ever hearing another comment being made of ANYONE inside or outside that shop ; Other than when we were in private or lunch or shooting at the Range . Live and learn ;)

• Wow
Reactions: 308pirate
Yes i have. What's that got to do with a semiautomatic smith 9mm beating someones hand bloody and raw?
It's an example of how an innocent looking gun can hammer the shit out of you.

Did any of you think to maybe check her grip and give her some guidance?
I wasn't there but that would be also the first thing I'd check. I've helped noobs from time to time and I'd feel safe in saying that probably 99% of the people I come across have no earthly clue how to hold a handgun.