• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Think my daughter will like it?

evilsvt

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2005
college station, TX
333B7344-2C79-4AD0-B5FF-782540B9ACEE.jpeg

Wanted to put a hunting rifle together for my daughter to grow into and would work for her as she got older.

TL3 SBR
PVA Osprey 12.5” 6.5Grendel fluted by LRI
TT Diamond
Manners MCS-CS
Salmon River ARCA rail
AB Raptor 8
Leupold MK5 in ARC rings

View attachment 8188494

Wanted to put a hunting rifle together for my daughter to grow into and would work for her as she got older.

TL3 SBR
TT Diamond
Manners MCS-CS
Salmon River ARCA rail
AB Raptor 8
Leupold MK5 in ARC rings
She’s gonna love it man!! I built my daughter one much like that when she was 11. If the smile tells you anything, she’s gonna love I! Lol

16.5” 6.5 CM Proof on an Origin w/ TT, MCS-CS, and NXS. She’s has 6.5PRC barrel on it now with ARC Rings and Kahles 3-12.

IMG_3208.jpeg
IMG_3207.jpeg

IMG_3261.jpeg

Last edited:
Your daughter is a very fortunate young lady.

I hope she enjoys it immensely, and with that you and her will create some unforgettable memories

View attachment 8188494

TL3 SBR
TT Diamond
Manners MCS-CS
Salmon River ARCA rail
AB Raptor 8
Leupold MK5 in ARC rings
I really need to get that kydex cheek piece installed on her stock and 2 on my pro hunters. Did you just send to Manners and have them do it for you? Or is it a home job?

Well, you are definitely not a poor.
Remember when you hit that trailer park hot chick in 1976? Hi Dad!
I dunno man. I didn’t do it cuz I wanted to build her the best rifle. I did it cause I wanted to build her 1 rifle with multiple capabilities that she wouldn’t out grow, instead of several rifles / calibers / optics.

With that rifle she has 224Valk, 6.5CM and 6.5PRC barrels / bolt heads, and enough adjustability the stock that she’ll never out grow it.

Long run I think it saves money.

I dunno man. I didn’t do it cuz I wanted to build her the best rifle. I did it cause I wanted to build her 1 rifle with multiple capabilities that she wouldn’t out grow, instead of several rifles / calibers / optics.

With that rifle she has 224Valk, 6.5CM and 6.5PRC barrels / bolt heads, and enough adjustability the stock that she’ll never out grow it.

Long run I think it saves money.
I get it! I built my daughter this AR when she was young:
IMG_0426.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: BLEE and HogsLife
Nice cover story for the wife. Your new rifle looks great.

I’m waiting on a form one to be approved on this CDG and I’ll have my own 12.5” Grendel

F1F18311-9694-49BA-8CF1-79418AC8243C.jpeg

Your daughter is a very fortunate young lady.

I hope she enjoys it immensely, and with that you and her will create some unforgettable memories

I hope she’ll enjoy it. She already knows it’s hers but she’s too young right now, she’s only 2 1/2! She always asks to go hunting with me and asks “daddy, you shoot pigs?”

I really need to get that kydex cheek piece installed on her stock and 2 on my pro hunters. Did you just send to Manners and have them do it for you? Or is it a home job?

It was ordered that way

Sweet rifle. Do you know the weight?

Thank you, it’s heavier than I would have liked, it’s probably close to 12lbs. But the stock is heavy due to the adjustable hardware so it was unavoidable. This will be a tripod gun for her.

Well, you are definitely not a poor.
Remember when you hit that trailer park hot chick in 1976? Hi Dad!

Too bad I wasn’t even a glimmer in my dad’s eyes yet back then!

Reactions: HogsLife
The first hunting rifle I was given had a string and shot arrows, so I'd say you're doing pretty ok!

I am betting she will love it , and if by chance she doesn't I am willing to be adopted just to show her what she passed on . I can cook , clean , and do laundry and for a free gun grovel like no one else on the planet , lol
4c1666887f8b9a9e305c0100

Reactions: evilsvt
Thank you, it’s heavier than I would have liked, it’s probably close to 12lbs. But the stock is heavy due to the adjustable hardware so it was unavoidable. This will be a tripod gun for her.

Yeah stock is heavy. Mine used hers for hunting / range do awhile and now that she’s a bit older (16) and done growing I ended up getting her a Mesa Altitude strictly for hunting. She still has the CS but the altitude is a nice / fairly inexpensive solution for a lightweight system. Eased up on that weight quite a bit. Comes in around 8lbs now with Kahels 3-12 and no bipod.

This is how it sits now with a 22” 6.5PRC barrel and it’s really handy with the 16.5” CM barrel on it.
IMG_2801.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah stock is heavy. Mine used hers for hunting / range do awhile and now that she’s a bit older (16) and done growing I ended up getting her a Mesa Altitude strictly for hunting. She still has the CS but the altitude is a nice / fairly inexpensive solution for a lightweight system. Eased up on that weight quite a bit. Comes in around 8lbs now with Kahels 3-12 and no bipod.
I have lighter options, but nothing can get that short and I wanted the extra weight to soak up some recoil. By the time she gets old enough to actually go hunting with me I’ll have a 6.5PRC in a manners PH for her.

I have lighter options, but nothing can get that short and I wanted the extra weight to soak up some recoil. By the time she gets old enough to actually go hunting with me I’ll have a 6.5PRC in a manners PH for her.
100% same reason I did it. I’m with you on the pro hunter. I just got my 1st one and it’s hands down my favorite hunting focused stock to date. Fixing to sell her CS and order her a lefty PH. Below is my 308 I just switched from an EH1 to the PH and glad I did. This will Be her next stock as well

IMG_4122.jpeg

100% same reason I did it. I’m with you on the pro hunter. I just got my 1st one and it’s hands down my favorite hunting focused stock to date. Fixing to sell her CS and order her a lefty PH. Below is my 308 I just switched from an EH1 to the PH and glad I did. This will Be her next stock as well

View attachment 8188797
I have two LRHs right now, interested in seeing how I like the PH compared to them as they are my favorite right now.

I have two LRHs right now, interested in seeing how I like the PH compared to them as they are my favorite right now.
It’s a great stock man. Light, ergonomics are on point and the features is has at that weight is pretty nice. You can tell they put a lot of thought into to. After seeing it in person, I went and ordered another for my 7RM. As soon as I can sell the CS I’ll order a LH one for the kiddo. You’ll be pleased with it I’m sure

It’s a great stock man. Light, ergonomics are on point and the features is has at that weight is pretty nice. You can tell they put a lot of thought into to. After seeing it in person, I went and ordered another for my 7RM. As soon as I can sell the CS I’ll order a LH one for the kiddo. You’ll be pleased with it I’m sure
I have one sitting on the parts shelf, might throw a barreled action it in and try it for a bit.

And she’s left eye dominant… damn it.
Another one of us. Now she definitely gets her own rifle. At least they make a lefty.

Action changed, maybe trigger for a lefty version (they make a lefty diamond), stock recut for lefty or new lefty cut stock. Everything else should transfer over.

LRI can lefty convert the stock.

Last edited:
I just ordered a LH coup de Grace, another stock and I’m going to do a 16” 6ARC for this one. The Grendel has more recoil that I thought it would.

Reactions: LeftyJason