• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Thinking About Switching Out My NPR2 With The MOAR

EasternNChunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2012
Eastern NC
I have a problem with the fine NPR2 reticle getting washed out and am strongly considering having Nightforce replace it with the MOAR reticle as it is thicker. Thoughts of others that have used the MOAR?

I use to be an NP-R1 guy but recently switched to the MOAR reticle. Any other Nightforce scopes I but will have the MOAR reticle.

I just switched from NPR2 to MOAR. The line thickness on the NPR2 is 0.06 MOA. The MOAR is listed at 0.14 MOA. Mine is so new I haven't shot it yet, but just looking through it I think it will not be too thick.

I don't have the opportunity to shoot past 1000, but at that range I have not had any thickness issues with the MOAR. I am a big fan of that reticle.

$300 for Reticle changes and $350 to switch from MOA knobs to MIL knobs or vice versa so its $650 to go from MOA/MOA to MIL/MIL or vice versa.

$300 for Reticle changes and $350 to switch from MOA knobs to MIL knobs or vice versa so its $650 to go from MOA/MOA to MIL/MIL or vice versa.
I was looking to change to MOAR scope but I think I may just send my scope to NF for a reticle swap. Any idea what the wait would be?

If they could only put a MOAR in my Nightforce 2.5-10X24..... Right now its the NP-R2 with MOA knobs but I do love the MOAR on my 3.5-15X50.

The last optic I sent to Nightforce for a reticle change was quoted 6 weeks. I had it back in less than 2.

I also want to switch to the new MOAR reticle, but like you, I wanted to here what others have to say. How much to switch to the HS knobs?

You guys will probably find it more beneficial to just SELL the optic you have now and buy the one you want. I say that because it will save you several hundred dollars in the long run.

Why?

The reticle swap is gonna cost you $300 and if you decide to change over to MOA/MOA or MIL/MIL, then you're out of pocket an additional $350 and that doesn't include the turn around time to get it back.

So...why not sell your current optic for $1650 shipped and only be out of pocket $300 to get exactly what you want, brand new? I suggest this because its exactly what I did when I had the NP-R1 and wanted the MOAR reticle. It only makes sense to do it that way and save yourself both time and money.

This is what I did...

You guys will probably find it more beneficial to just SELL the optic you have now and buy the one you want. I say that because it will save you several hundred dollars in the long run.

Why?

The reticle swap is gonna cost you $300 and if you decide to change over to MOA/MOA or MIL/MIL, then you're out of pocket an additional $350 and that doesn't include the turn around time to get it back.

So...why not sell your current optic for $1650 shipped and only be out of pocket $300 to get exactly what you want, brand new? I suggest this because its exactly what I did when I had the NP-R1 and wanted the MOAR reticle. It only makes sense to do it that way and save yourself both time and money.

Oh, and if I were you...rather than buy another NXS, buy the ATACR which has much better glass.

Sure, you'll have to buy 34mm rings or a mount but believe you me, it will be worth every red cent you pay.

I bought the ATACR with the MOAR reticle and still prefer the NPR-1 reticle.

Thanks KillShot, that's the route I'll take! I seem to always be out there at low light and having that better glass will give me that extra time of shooting light!