• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This is interesting for PRS rimfire competitors

^^^this is true.

I Cannot and will not charge more for my local matches. It’s already more than I would like due to range fees.

I’m somewhat in the camp that a two day PRS22 match is a bit much. Though I don’t doubt that there will be plenty who will attend. Especially at the nicer locations that run a great match.

Each to their own, I say.

I run a long range 22 LR match non PRS / NRL. It looks like PRS is wanting to push Rimfire to the level of Centerfire. I don't shoot PRS due to old knees ( I would love to shoot PRS, but can't ) I hope this push does not hurt the sport. If you make MD up their match fee, you see MD leave PRS and go back to outlaw matches. Also the high match fees will cause the average shooter to drop out due to the high cost of matches, and equipment.

I shot IPSC / USPSA from 1988 to 1993. When it started guns were heads up no classes. around 1992 the high cap 38 super came in to play and took over very quick. I was looking at $4000 for a high cap 38 super. in 93' equal to $8000 + today. I got out of USPSA because the cost to keep up, and a lot of guys at the same time. USPSA nearly went down due to membership dropping. Starting production class ( and other gun classes ) saved the USPSA. The average shooter can run a Glock and shoot in his own class and keep the cost down.

When the cost gets too high ( match fees, travel, gun cost )you lose shooters. The average shooter pays for all shooting sports, when you lose them, you lose the money needed to have matches. PRS needs to be careful and not push shooters out of the sport.
There do offer “production” class but it sits a weird place with price, I think it’s still $1500 for glass and gun combo and hasn’t moved up like the centerfire price cap has. I’ve got two guys I shoot with run the B14R with Arken’s and when they bought everything it was within the price constraints but now they are over by less the $50 but now have to run open. Both of them are toying with leaving PRS since they don’t want to enter the gear race world of open.

I am ran into the gun prices problems for factory. I changed Factory class to any Factory Gun with factory barrel and action. Can change trigger and chassis. NO Anschutz or Custom action like a Vudoo or RimX.

All my factory guns were CZ and Tikka T1X in chassis, but still is a factory gun.

PRS Needs a shooter classification like USPSA, it is based on how the shooter shoots against the top shooters. B class is 60% to 74.9% of the top shooters. A B class shooter is just shooting against other B class shooters.

Reactions: lash
I am ran into the gun prices problems for factory. I changed Factory class to any Factory Gun with factory barrel and action. Can change trigger and chassis. NO Anschutz or Custom action like a Vudoo or RimX.

All my factory guns were CZ and Tikka T1X in chassis, but still is a factory gun.

PRS Needs a shooter classification like USPSA, it is based on how the shooter shoots against the top shooters. B class is 60% to 74.9% of the top shooters. A B class shooter is just shooting against other B class shooters.
the Pro series does

also thats how WyCo runs their centerfire classifications

There do offer “production” class but it sits a weird place with price, I think it’s still $1500 for glass and gun combo and hasn’t moved up like the centerfire price cap has. I’ve got two guys I shoot with run the B14R with Arken’s and when they bought everything it was within the price constraints but now they are over by less the $50 but now have to run open. Both of them are toying with leaving PRS since they don’t want to enter the gear race world of open.
I believe they are looking into the price differential with an eye to adjusting for inflation.

You all have it all wrong…..anyone who shoots anything KNOWS that .22 isn’t real. It’s just fun, cheap, no meaning. The REAL competitors shoot center fire! That’s where the shit is REAL!

• Haha
Reactions: lash
I know some competitors who have stopped shooting centerfire events and only compete in PRS22 or other "precision" 22 events to reduce the costs (expensive 22 ammo still cheaper than centerfire plus tired of chasing components). If more PRS22 events become available will be interesting to see the turnouts.
...now they can chase quality 22 ammo lol

Yea they need classifications when 10 people show up to a PRS22 match LOL.

They already have Pro, Semi, MKM and AM in the centerfire series. If you shot matches you would know this.

I love how people who don't shoot have all these amazing ideas on how the league should change or what it should do.

Matches are fun. I will shoot PRS, NRL, MARS, Outlaw whatever but when a major governing body starts raising prices and making it policy for the sake of it then time to call BS.

Yup.

Our matches are still $20, but it used to be $5. Difference is we have a $60k prize table this year from all the $20 entries, and the finale is $50.

I just paid $60 to shoot a day long center-fire match.