• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This is not still available

Chainsaws are not easy to come by. Not the Harry homeowners saws, but pro saws. Pretty much anything to do with forestry is getting hard today get.

Reactions: Ravenworks
It is a matter of money...anything can be had but it will cost more. Get used to it...not changing anytime soon
True to an extent. Some shit just can’t be had right now. I don’t want to buy second hand so have to scour manufacturers websites, and eBay for new shit.

True to an extent. Some shit just can’t be had right now. I don’t want to buy second hand so have to scour manufacturers websites, and eBay for new shit.
If you're talking about buying a new Rolex, it is always difficult unless you are willing to pay above retail. Only certain models command that type of pricing. I waited 3 years for a stainless Daytona at retail

If you're talking about buying a new Rolex, it is always difficult unless you are willing to pay above retail. Only certain models command that type of pricing. I waited 3 years for a stainless Daytona at retail
Chisels, plane blades, certain planes, certain fasteners. I also wait for Rolex, so that’s not too uncommon, but plane blades and chisels?

What I’ve noticed is all the poors shit is in stock, but high dollar and high quality items I want are not. Try to buy a new, high quality, USA made tenon saw. Shit, try to get a carcass or panel saw as well.

Reactions: whiskeytower
Chisels, plane blades, certain planes, certain fasteners. I also wait for Rolex, so that’s not too uncommon, but plane blades and chisels?

What I’ve noticed is all the poors shit is in stock, but high dollar and high quality items I want are not. Try to buy a new, high quality, USA made tenon saw. Shit, try to get a carcass or panel saw as well.
I see...don't know much about high end woodworking tools. I only do plumbing and electrical. Those tools are easy to find.

There has been a massive shift in purchasing power from people like you to people who like Nikes. They spend a higher percentage of their income on goods, and they have rising incomes, both from the Trump bump to their economic prospects and also from the checks going out. If I had to allocate manufacturing and inventory dollars somewhere, it would not be to Japanese chisels and saws. I don't know if this is underlying what you are seeing, but it could be a factor.

There has been a massive shift in purchasing power from people like you to people who like Nikes. They spend a higher percentage of their income on goods, and they have rising incomes, both from the Trump bump to their economic prospects and also from the checks going out. If I had to allocate manufacturing and inventory dollars somewhere, it would not be to Japanese chisels and saws. I don't know if this is underlying what you are seeing, but it could be a factor.
Popularity of hand tool woodworking has increased, but waiting on saws from Lie Nielsen, Gramercy, and bad axe has gotten old.

I get that the people have more money now, but I figured they’d be buying yeezy shoes and Ray Bans. Not tools.

I try to keep a fully stocked woodworking shop in each state I own property and visit, so I’m trying to outfit this one, lol.

I don’t want any Japanese shit. Don’t care how good it is.

Reactions: Ravenworks
Popularity of hand tool woodworking has increased, but waiting on saws from Lie Nielsen, Gramercy, and bad axe has gotten old.

I get that the people have more money now, but I figured they’d be buying yeezy shoes and Ray Bans. Not tools.

I try to keep a fully stocked woodworking shop in each state I own property and visit, so I’m trying to outfit this one, lol.

My father left me some planes from Lie-Nielsen in their original boxes. Small funny looking things but built beautifully.

Own any property in PA? I need a shop hookup 😂 but seriously, I’m an amateur wood worker at best but I’d love to see a legit shop from someone who knows what they’re doing.

posted this pic In Another thread. Was hired to finish this slab out for a desk top.
93249440-F4CE-4602-82AC-E405577078EC.jpeg

Seeds for my garden...
Dealing with many seeds that fail to germinate.
When going back to re-order they are out of stock for the season.
Many websites have added the box labeled "In Stock". When you search what is in stock, there is very little.
Saving native seeds this fall will be a priority.

My father left me some planes from Lie-Nielsen in their original boxes. Small funny looking things but built beautifully.
Simply the best. If you had a number 7 or number 8 jointer you wouldn’t be calling them small, lol.

Get them out of the boxes and put them to use…or…are they still available?

• Haha
Reactions: Jscb1b
Own any property in PA? I need a shop hookup 😂 but seriously, I’m an amateur wood worker at best but I’d love to see a legit shop from someone who knows what they’re doing.

posted this pic In Another thread. Was hired to finish this slab out for a desk top.
View attachment 7637869
Beautiful piece.

Are they trying to keep the live edge? I hope not. I think all this live edge shit that is so popular is crap.

Nice and square is what makes my eyes happy. To me a live edge is an unfinished item.

What do you need help with on it? Does it have any twist? Any cup? Have you put winding sticks on it to see? Any checking on the ends? What are the dimensions?

Seeds for my garden...
Dealing with many seeds that fail to germinate.
When going back to re-order they are out of stock for the season.
Many websites have added the box labeled "In Stock". When you search what is in stock, there is very little.
Saving native seeds this fall will be a priority.
Had two seed failures this year. First time I can recall having bad sweet corn seed. This year's seed, strait out of a brand new 50# bag. The other was a bean seed. Also this years seed. Very odd.

Had two seed failures this year. First time I can recall having bad sweet corn seed. This year's seed, strait out of a brand new 50# bag. The other was a bean seed. Also this years seed. Very odd.
I had also had batch of seeds from reputable dealers...WTF is going on?

Beautiful piece.

Are they trying to keep the live edge? I hope not. I think all this live edge shit that is so popular is crap.

Nice and square is what makes my eyes happy. To me a live edge is an unfinished item.

What do you need help with on it? Does it have any twist? Any cup? Have you put winding sticks on it to see? Any checking on the ends? What are the dimensions?
It’s done and out the door already, they kept the live edge, that’s the bulk of what I do. I mill live edge lumber as well. I enjoy it, I like the character it adds. I understand fine woodworking is the exact opposite of that, y’all want clear straight grain, I like all gnarled up wood with lots of character... different strokes for different folks I suppose.

I was more interested in how you set up your shops, size, layout, dust collection etc... on the verge of renting a shop with 2-3 buddies that all do wood working and I do t want to get into anything wed outgrow too quickly

I had also had batch of seeds from reputable dealers...WTF is going on?
No idea. I always check the testing info on seed. I might have too cool of soil or late killing frost get me, but don't have problems with bad seed, until this yr. Maybe a little over 5% of silver queen came up. Replanted with similar results. Golden queen in same ground prepped the same with same planter, at same depth, planted same day came up great. No doubt bad seed.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Well, besides not being able to afford to buy my 1st home.....I still wake up with a hard on once or twice a week. 😏

Ag Tires, Some LT tires, and Rotella 15-40 is hard to get right now in my area.

No idea. I always check the testing info on seed. I might have too cool of soil or late killing frost get me, but don't have problems with bad seed, until this yr. Maybe a little over 5% of silver queen came up. Replanted with similar results. Golden queen in same ground prepped the same with same planter, at same depth, planted same day came up great. No doubt bad seed.
Yep, lettuce and peas early season planting
one variety/cultivar in each going great
the other basically not a single sprout ... :(

• Sad
Brains. You don't need one to be elected president and you only need a cheap pair of knee pads to be VP.

Reactions: Yasherka
Corn has been my challenge this year, also. Granted I got it in the field early for Montana. I started the same seeds in my green house as a bench mark and 90% germinated. Had similar results with beans. My non-scientific remark "It's like they came from a weak line of corn". Seeds seem to turn to mush.

It’s done and out the door already, they kept the live edge, that’s the bulk of what I do. I mill live edge lumber as well. I enjoy it, I like the character it adds. I understand fine woodworking is the exact opposite of that, y’all want clear straight grain, I like all gnarled up wood with lots of character... different strokes for different folks I suppose.

I was more interested in how you set up your shops, size, layout, dust collection etc... on the verge of renting a shop with 2-3 buddies that all do wood working and I do t want to get into anything wed outgrow too quickly
This has plenty of character, lol.
CCBAEC76-EB1E-4FF4-904C-151117129685.jpeg

This has plenty of character, lol.View attachment 7638066
I can certainly appreciate that, don’t get me wrong. I tend to like big single slab stuff vs a bunch of 8/4 glued together... I guess that’s just personal preference. I’m sure that table/de top is worth primo money but I’d rather have a slab like this one I cut as a table top.

D2AF785C-CAA2-451B-96B0-DDA17BA49F19.jpeg

Not trying to be disrespectful, and didn’t mean to offend

Cool slabs. Beautiful tree wood either way (have to be careful how to phrase that here).

New video out today. He is pretty good at explaining logistics topics.

I can certainly appreciate that, don’t get me wrong. I tend to like big single slab stuff vs a bunch of 8/4 glued together... I guess that’s just personal preference. I’m sure that table/de top is worth primo money but I’d rather have a slab like this one I cut as a table top.

View attachment 7638099
Not trying to be disrespectful, and didn’t mean to offend
I agree 100%. I much prefer a solid slab over multiple boards ripped and glued. That’s why the majority of my items are done with hand planes. They just don’t make the machinery to joint a 48 inch slab, lol.

My preferred is to use two large slabs to book match.

I apologize if I came across as a cunt talking about the live edge.

Reactions: Jscb1b
I agree 100%. I much prefer a solid slab over multiple boards ripped and glued. That’s why the majority of my items are done with hand planes. They just don’t make the machinery to joint a 48 inch slab, lol.

My preferred is to use two large slabs to book match.

I apologize if I came across as a cunt talking about the live edge.
Do you have a thread anywhere with pics of your work? I love all wood working don’t get me wrong. Even though I prefer certain things I can generally say I appreciate the time and skill that goes into a project, regardless of if it’s how I would do it or not.

No apologies needed brother, we’re all adults here, we have different opinions and different tastes. No need to apologize for it.

Scrub plane makes easy work of getting through the rough milling on these old pine boards. This is all rough sawn from a building I’m taking down.
8479F5C5-985A-49C0-B7D8-E544C617B576.jpeg

Reactions: oneshot86
Simply the best. If you had a number 7 or number 8 jointer you wouldn’t be calling them small, lol.

Get them out of the boxes and put them to use…or…are they still available?
They have been sitting unused since I inherited them. They are not regular planes. I think they have specific uses. I will have to look at which ones I have

I decided I needed a bigger genset.

Started looking for a Honda, and same story from everyone... We can't get them.

Local dealer said he has had 6500 and 7000-watt units on order for sometime. I told him to call me when they come in, that was a few weeks ago.

Just about tripped over this one walking into the dealer today. Verified the price, and said I'd take it. They had to order a high-altitude jet for me, so should be picking it up Thursday.

IMG_20210601_114819446_HDR.jpg

The number one question on the hide is “Is this still available?”.

Well, the answer is no.

From heigh end chisels, to saw blades, to vehicles, to Rolex watches. It is not available.

What do you use in your daily activities that is no longer available, or stock is spotty? Aside from reloading shit since we all know that is not available.
Durable, high quality boots are starting to get in short supply. Market is saturated with cheap Chinese boots. Time to put on your Bug Out boots and wear them for a month or so. Make sure "this is the pair" I'm going to walk off into the unknown wearing. If your feet are not 100% then go see the podiatrist while you have time. Mine will be working on me Monday morning, bright and early. After you are 100% sure those are the forever boots, then order a spare pair with laces, inserts and boot dressing. Store them properly..............

If I have to explain this......... You won't understand.

Durable, high quality boots are starting to get in short supply. Market is saturated with cheap Chinese boots. Time to put on your Bug Out boots and wear them for a month or so. Make sure "this is the pair" I'm going to walk off into the unknown wearing. If your feet are not 100% then go see the podiatrist while you have time. Mine will be working on me Monday morning, bright and early. After you are 100% sure those are the forever boots, then order a spare pair with laces, inserts and boot dressing. Store them properly..............

If I have to explain this......... You won't understand.

Sad thing is, most people can't walk half way across the parking lot at the supermarket without getting tired. People are getting more lazy by the day.

Reactions: BLEE