• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This may answer the question

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    I asked in the thread with all the question marks. POS runs stop sign, breaks woman's neck in 4 places, not only lies, but gets her arrested for DUI. Then video shows he ran the stop sign. 5 of his buddies helped. Now he's filing for disability for the accident he caused. No wonder the kids have no respect....Like I heard someone say in another thread, when I was a kid we respected the cops...went to school with them. Now I fear them because such a large % are no more than worthless trash that needs to be taken out. This one is not an isolated event. I see 2-3 of these every day...how many are missed. If you all who are decent men wont police your own, how can you expect us to respect you?

Sober driver arrested for OWI when deputy crashes into her car | FOX6Now.com

Milwaukee says it all!

The Mason Dixon line has moved. Anything north of Ok and west of Tx sux ;-)

Sad thing is we're being invaded too!

The local cops in my area are dicks. But the State Troopers make them look like saints by comparison. You wouldn't believe some of the stories I have heard about local and state police officers. (I'm not entirely sure I believe them.) We have a state cop who beat his wife running for county sheriff here, and he is probably going to win...

Its enough to make a maggot puke....wait!!!

I'm having a hard time fathoming that opening post and link. Right and Wrong. Black and White. Good and Bad. Truth and Lie.

These are facts, points, and statements to which I was brought up on. Seems near extinct nowadays. If all of the OP is true, then a "bazillions" payout for her and "Gen-Pop" for ALL OF THEM is the point at which I'd start.

Now I'm sure there are those who're going to come on here and tell me to calm down, as she is at-fault here...... bring 'em on.

While I do not believe the problem is endemic to police officers, I do believe there is a significant problem with police misconduct because of the system in which we live. My disclaimer is that I am very close to a number of police officers by way of family and friends. In the short term the police officer in this story needs to be held fully accountable. In the longer term we need to take a look at the system that enabled this behavior. It is my opinion that rogue LEOs are in the position they are in because of poor selection criteria and screening, inadequate pay, poor leadership, and a system that rewards heavily on the statistics of taking the bad the guy down but almost not at all on the side of doing good or at least not doing harm.

The annals of the NY and New Orleans (my hometown) police departments are overflowing with accounts of police misconduct of the worst kind. When a story surrounding one such story is made public we can count on the well worn script of a Mayor, Police Commissioner, Police Chief... making a heartfelt speech about how this individual has let the department down, how disappointed they are, and how this is in no manner representative of their fellow officers. I believe all of this to be true, but it misses the point entirely and only serves to lay blame and shirk responsibility in a most cowardly way. As a leader you are to blame. This is your employee that you are responsible for. The power that this person has over the public was bestowed upon them by you. What does this say about your own judgment? Like any other employee police officers are selected for a job, trained for a job, and directed on how they are to perform their duties by their managers. I have said this a million times and I will repeat it forever, if a person is found to be inadequate for their job it is their manager that is to blame. A true leader, a manager that is worthy of their position, and someone who honors the great responsibility entrusted to them by a public will accept this lying officer as their charge and act accordingly. If they were put in a position for which they are not able to perform (skill, integrity, whatever quality it happens to be) then it was a lapse in judgment on the part of their manager. In any effective organization such ineffective managers are fired. I belive the simple act of shoving the employee out to arms distance to avoid taking heat is, by itself, a fire-able offense.

I want to see this officers superiors come forward and answer for how this happened under their watch. I want to see them explain their department culture and how they manage it. I doubt this will happen.

Maybe a bit dramatic, but if you are going after a snake you go for the head. On a personal level I have been incensed more times than I can count that higher up public figures have not been held directly accountable for the actions of their employees. This absence of accountability is what has given us the system that many of us are sorely disgusted with, in my not so humble opinion.

^^^^^Though many of us are disgusted and fed up, I think your above post is un wise, to say the least. Hoping you will remove it. Thanks, Maggot.

accountability is the center of it all I.M.O

If your confident that you wont have any negative repercussions for your actions than what's stopping you ?

positions of power are easily corruptible. You would think people in these positions would be healed twice as accountable but its the opposite the are not held accountable at all. A couple of phone calls and a good union pretty much allows them do as the want.

How do you fix such a problem?

If your confident that you wont have any negative repercussions for your actions than what's stopping you ?

positions of power are easily corruptible. You would think people in these positions would be healed twice as accountable but its the opposite the are not held accountable at all. A couple of phone calls and a good union pretty much allows them do as the want.

The People demand integrity and except nothing less. Everyone talks about accountability and responsibility, but its everyone else that is not accountable, not them.

I fear you hit the problem on the head.

"Power tends to corrupt. Absolute poser corrupts absolutely." Lord Acton

While there are many fine men who enter law enforcement, or politics, or really any other field that very quote explains what happens. The power over others is like a drug. It is addictive and once experienced does not like to be denied. And that's speaking of the good men. Extend that to the bully mentality, and it grows exponentially.

Public executions with mandatory attendance - make it explicitly known why it is happening.

Maim people for other lesser (but significant) offenses. The visual reminder not to fuck someone else over is powerful on the group.

Sound draconian? Sure, but in the absence of personal accountability there are but two options, force and isolation. There are too many to isolate.

I had to really wonder at more than a little bit after I watched the video of the cop choking the kid out. What really got to me though, was two cops cuffing the kid let the POS do it! THAT is a serious WTF! Sure the guy who did the choking got fired...after the video went viral, and the other two are on suspension. With stuff like this going on all around the nation, It's a wonder people are not resisting with 'all means possible'. It is behavior such as this that causes society to carry guns to shoot cops with. Fuckin A, if you wear bronze, Bronze, do your job and DON'T be the enema nozzle. You become one, fair warning, it might get you shot, ASP'd, beat down. Mark my words:
    Sooner or later full violent resiting arrests will be viral

I had to really wonder at more than a little bit after I watched the video of the cop choking the kid out. What really got to me though, was two cops cuffing the kid let the POS do it! THAT is a serious WTF! Sure the guy who did the choking got fired...after the video went viral, and the other two are on suspension. With stuff like this going on all around the nation, It's a wonder people are not resisting with 'all means possible'. It is behavior such as this that causes society to carry guns to shoot cops with. Fuckin A, if you wear bronze, Bronze, do your job and DON'T be the enema nozzle. You become one, fair warning, it might get you shot, ASP'd, beat down. Mark my words:

I doubt it. A lot of people had the opportunity to gown down to Nevada and practice what they openly preach here all the time and it would have been for a just cause, yet I would bet that none of the talkers from here went down there to show Cliven any support. Point being people would rather talk about it as opposed to doing something about it.

I fear you hit the problem on the head.

"Power tends to corrupt. Absolute poser corrupts absolutely." Lord Acton

While there are many fine men who enter law enforcement, or politics, or really any other field that very quote explains what happens. The power over others is like a drug. It is addictive and once experienced does not like to be denied. And that's speaking of the good men. Extend that to the bully mentality, and it grows exponentially.

I agree with this. Say sir, have you read any of Mr Selco`s posts on shtfschool? He talks about a number of times where former police would get together and use their uniform to trick people. Mr Selco said he watched, hidden of course, as a group of cops entered the apartment of some worried people that still had trust in the police, only for the group of cops to walk in and smoke every single person in the apartment before they could even get a word out, and steal everything those people had.

Now I know Selco`s situation was very different. He was living in a city that was basically under siege, beyond "SHTF" if you will. But I think there is a lesson to be learned, at least for people who dont deal with criminals and deception on a daily basis. The lesson is that humans turn back into wild animals fairly quickly when things start to get rough and you really cant trust them. Those who were all too trusting of the police or others in uniform were among the first to die. Again I know this sounds a bit off-topic as he was living in a time and place where noone`s survival to the next day was certain. Overall though, I believe it is a valuable, brutal lesson on human nature when one rips away the facade of "civilization". Police are more or less a random sample of the population in general, and hence will share the same traits.

I doubt it. A lot of people had the opportunity to gown down to Nevada and practice what they openly preach here all the time and it would have been for a just cause, yet I would bet that none of the talkers from here went down there to show Cliven any support. Point being people would rather talk about it as opposed to doing something about it.

I think your right, until it hits a critical mass. Then it will be too late for reason.

^^^^ this is where the term "the straw that broke the camels back" comes into play people/society can bear a certain amount of corruption and injustice we see it all the time. I think as a whole we know that there will always be a certain amount of this. However there is a point where it just takes that one instance that sparks a needed change. The Rodney king riots are a prime example (I don't want to get into what happened in the riot ) If the officers where held accountable for there actions would the riot have ever happened? They were stupid in there form of protest by burning there own city to the ground..

Rite now the build up of hostility towards corruption is now growing at a faster rate and the tension can be felt. Comments like why don't all you talkers do what you say your going to do are a premature assumption. If you jump to soon your cause or movement will not have the proper backing or affect. It will take a series of small incidents leading to that one straw.

In all reality I don't look towards things of this nature. I know some of you do but I don't think that any one really understands what a total collapse of society would be like.

In all reality I don't look towards things of this nature. I know some of you do but I don't think that any one really understands what a total collapse of society would be like.

Not something I look forward to either. Ugly, and likely no hot showers.

This incident is where the accountability rests. One officer went rouge on a man being cuffed and two others did nothing to stop it. They did nothing. No report no verbal notification to superiors, nothing. This guy was on the force for over 20 years. Makes it hard to believe this was the first time something like this happened. It was the first time he was caught on film. So his command can say nothing other than "we don't know why this happened". It happened because they don't police themselves. No one wants to be the "RAT". So as far as this thug was concerned it was just another day on the job. He has come out and said that it was not excessive force. He stated that he only applied pressure and suggested that the he should go down to his knees and the man complied. How laughable is that. He will never admit to what he did and the others would have backed him if it were not for the film.