• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This place lacks dedication...

Chief of cardio thoracic surgery at Columbia Presbyterian uptown in Manhattan. He was instructed prior to take photos, video incase I passed...So momma could get her pound of flesh from THE WTC VCF...I survived....barley.

Reactions: powdahound76
Chief of cardio thoracic surgery at Columbia Presbyterian uptown in Manhattan. He was instructed prior to take photos, video incase I passed...So momma could get her pound of flesh from THE WTC VCF...I survived....barley.

Dang, that's pretty real. Glad they were able to resect it successfully. Did they ever identify the likely chemical exposure that could've caused it (i.e., asbestos and mesothelioma)?

@footsteps - Dang. Your stuff is right there with MarinePMI. Im sure you dealt with some terrible stuff besides this tumor in your work at the WTC after 9/11. Some have seen some seriously terrible things in their time. Thanks for being one of them. Its not an easy cross to bear, that's for sure.

this hangnail and man cold are dang near putting in the ER though..... ;)

It was sent to the Mayo clinic, and they could not positively id the specific cause but several cancer causing compounds were identified...It was so rare they wrote a paper about it/ me. https://www.patientcareonline.com/v...broelastoma-not-so-rare-primary-cardiac-tumor

That's pretty cool! I feel like them including the "not-so-rare" modifier in the title would make me feel a little less special despite the case report.

I wonder what triggered them to get the echo in the ER. Did they pick it up on a CT and follow up with the echo?

You could try doing what I did after waiting for a solid 2 hour for the nurse to return to intubate me after surgery after ringing for them for another hour I got up unplugged my monitor and pulled out the tube down my throat and used the can , while a crash team of 10 finally arrived only after there alarm went off lol when you got to go you got to go . Though being a dumb ass is not always a good thing, get well soon and to a speedy recovery for you sir . At least if your able to complain your alive and that is a good thing everything else is secondary .

They abandoned me for a couple of hours, so I started messing with stuff. Low-level. Not gonna jeopardize the life of the next occupant. :p

238C6C64-452E-42CE-93CA-2E5364808BEF.jpeg

CDD6CD0A-E876-4BA1-A6BB-3BBBCD23991D.jpeg

yup, they're definitely going to discharge you
....that or they might take you to visit a lovely little place on another floor with all the murals of puppies and flowers and rainbows..... and let's not forget the comforting padded walls.

Do you want a catheter? Because that is how you get a catheter. And they will find the new resident who has only done it on cadavers to try and insert it.

Granted you are probably long gone out of the hospital (I sure hope so for your sake) so just chalk it up a learning experience. Next time you end up in the ER you can just organize your folders in Strelok Pro.

• Haha
Reactions: TheHorta