• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

This SCAR 17 thing might be all right

TacosGigante

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2013
VA
As the new owner of a SCAR 17 I will admit to having felt a pang of buyer's remorse when I considered how much the gun cost, and how much additional money I was putting into the gun to "fix" it (Super SCAR trigger, VLTOR forend, etc.). That went away today when I actually shot it at 100 yards. Mind you, none of those upgrades are on the gun yet, this was bone stock with the Leupold 3-18 I mounted myself (poorly), but I found out that the gun can do this:

i6ce1g.jpg

That was with 175gr FGMM measured after zeroing the calipers out at .308. Now I am not saying this group is typical, most of them were in the 1-1.2 MOA range, but what is really encouraging is that this performance was with the crappy factory trigger and, since I am a lefty, hot brass hitting my neck every Single TIME I pulled the trigger, which did not help with the flinching. Once I get the new trigger and jury rig a larger brass deflector I hope the average group will tighten up. If that happens it will confirm my suspicion that the SCAR 17 is what God carries.

That looks like a pretty typical group for my SCAR-H but then again I did the trigger upgrade and it really helped. I am also running the 3-18x Mk6 on the rifle. It looks like you got a really good one!