• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This shit is out of control!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2005
Cal West
Wife and I took a little trip, bout 150 miles one way. There is an ammunition shop going that way and I stopped by to see if they had any SK ammo, fuck. One box of SK PM was $24. I bout shat my britches. A 50 round box of 9mm hp is $75. I thanked them, and told them not at those prices. Sheesh.

Shit im paying $12 a box for sk pm up here in canada... that works out to $9.50usd and i never have a problem finidng it

I paid $7.60 a box for Rifle match a month ago. Get on one of the good guys mailing lists and buy for a fair price.

Reactions: 260284
My local Dunham's had bricks of Thunderbolts today for $37.99.

Has anyone questioned if the manufacturers or distributors are the ones jacking up the price? I wonder if that could be the case. SG ammo which has always been fair on pricing is jacked up too.

who is dumber the store for selling it at a price they can no doubt get for an item , or the person who is unhappy with the price they paid . Easy fix would have been take up a cheaper hobby . Clay is everywhere and you can shape it really cheaply cook it in your oven and take up pottery , and you think the price of ammo is bad now wait till some stupid law is passes making it even harder to get . I get that the prices are higher than I would want to pay but its what you do if you want to play . You pay someone else's price that or make your own I still trying to wrap my head around how that could be possible . good luck and remember things could always be worse .

Soon as people stop paying stupid prices they’ll come down. Unfortunately for us that doesn’t look like anytime soon.

So how many of you know what retailers are paying for ammo?

Do any of you understand what happens to price of goods when you have much less product to sell but your fixed costs and most of your variable costs don't go down?

I don't like this scarcity any more than any of you but I refrain from making stupid comments because I actually have a basic understanding of business. And more importantly, I know that there are many things about this market that I don't know so I don't pretend to know what will make it come back to what it was. Which it never will.

Couple of fascinating threads in the Bear Pit this would fit right into.

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
So how many of you know what retailers are paying for ammo?

Do any of you understand what happens to price of goods when you have much less product to sell but your fixed costs and most of your variable costs don't go down?

I don't like this scarcity any more than any of you but I refrain from making stupid comments because I actually have a basic understanding of business. And more importantly, I know that there are many things about this market that I don't know so I don't pretend to know what will make it come back to what it was. Which it never will.
I watched the YouTube video of the owner of CCI (I think) stating he is making the ammo and getting out to the distributors. What happens to the ammo between the distributors and the businesses for retail sales? There seems to be a miss when the manufacturer shows the ammo being made in what looks to be high quantities and the shelves at Academy are empty. Are the distributors selling it to the government? I am just trying to find the disconnect.

Last edited:
I watched the YouTube video of the owner of CCI (I think) stating he is making the ammo and getting out to the distributors. What happens to the ammo between the distributors and the businesses for retail sales? There seems to be a miss when the place make the ammo shows it being made in what looks to be high quantities and the shelves at Academy are empty. Are the distributors selling it to the government? I am just trying to find the disconnect.
Disconnect? No disconnect. All the people who used to buy a brick at a time as needed now buy 5000 at a time. Same shit, different day.

Are the distributors selling it to the government?
Take the tinfoil off

People are buying all of it for various reasons:
  1. Hedging against future restrictions
  2. Because if they don't get some now, they'll run out and don't know when more will show up
  3. To re-sell and make money. Yes, capitalism is a thing.
Ever heard of bots? Check that out.

Those who whine about gouging should have prepared ahead of time.

Who in the actual fuck could NOT see this coming? Well, sucks to be one of them.

Is this really ANOTHER Ammo price thread...please make it stop

between these threads and the retard who thinks shockwaves kill people (even he doesn’t understand his ass from a hole in the wall), the hide has jumped the shark.

for the love of all things good...I yearn for the days of S&B vs NF.

Take the tinfoil off

2. Because if they don't get some now, they'll run out and don't know when more will show up

Who in the actual fuck could NOT see this coming? Well, sucks to be one
Take the tinfoil off

Who in the actual fuck could NOT see this coming? Well, sucks to be one of them.
I specifically asked you the question because it seemed like you had insight about the situation. Your response is a little extra. I am fine in reference to ammo. I thought you might be able to explain more in depth about what is happening between the manufacturer, distributors, and retailers. Thanks for the response?

Note: S&B > Nightforce 😎

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruger1300
I thought you might be able to explain more in depth about what is happening between the manufacturer, distributors, and retailers.
No, I can't

Which is why I don't go off on the gouging rants or conspiracy theories that others do.

Reactions: Cuban Croc
I specifically asked you the question because it seemed like you had insight about the situation. Your response is a little extra. I am fine in reference to ammo. I thought you might be able to explain more in depth about what is happening between the manufacturer, distributors, and retailers. Thanks for the response?

Note: S&B > Nightforce 😎
On one of the other threads several hide members who have been in contact up the food chain all came across the same answers.

demand is crazy

Components are short and because of the more expensive

Increasing capacity is 6-12-18 months or longer pertaining to equipment lead time, then add install and validation.

no body will ever speak of actual costs and pricing.

If every Ammo thread started with those answers...the thread would be locked immediately after.

1: hobbies are expensive
2: what's ur freedom worth?
3: what's ur safety worth?
4: it's capitolism baby, if u don't like it, feel free to move to Venezuela where they share the wealth

Hi,

Sadly, even if I detailed shit out in regards to this very same debate, lolol.....those that don't know shit about the industry want to debate the in's/out's of said industry....so on that note;

1614179555614.png

Sincerely,
Theis

Speaking to bots, "friend" has a program continuously scanning many-many vendors. Accounts already created and in some cases carts already loaded for specific things. He gave me a heads-up text for some powder yesterday, my phone was in-hand(no delay) by the time I got to website(which was not crashing) all gone. The time between "in stock" and gone maybe a couple of minutes. If I hit on something it's pure luck when competing against all that.

between these threads and the retard who thinks shockwaves kill people (even he doesn’t understand his ass from a hole in the wall), the hide has jumped the shark.

Hell, I would like a nice thread about Mil vs Moa. Lol 😂

Reactions: brianf
This is classic supply and demand learned in every economics class in the country. When demand is up, price goes up. When supply is up, price goes down. It’s really that simple.

Reactions: 1badDart
My son drove down to San Diego to buy a CZ pistol (yep, he found one in stock) and while he was there he noticed a large stock of ammo. After purchasing the pistol, he thought he'd buy some ammo. They would only sell him 1 box of 9mm 124 gr. That's their policy; 1 box per person, per day.

I talked to a local gun store the other day. He had traveled to an auction where some reloading stuff was. He had purchased primers for about $190 per 1000 just to have on his shelf because he thought having some available at high prices is better than nothing. He then put them on his shelf for $200 a thousand. The first customer that came in asking about primers basically told him he's never coming back to his store because of his price gouging on primers. He pulled all the primers off the shelf and decided to just keep them and eat the loss because he would rather eat that loss than make customers mad.

If you can't afford the stuff don't buy it. Go be poor somewhere else.

Schmidt is infinitely better than NF. Nothing anyone says will change that fact. If you think otherwise, you’re wrong and definitely voted for Biden.

Every. Other. Fucking. Day. Some one is whining about ammo prices. We are all aware it’s scarce and high priced. Boohoo. It’s just the beginning and won’t get better anytime soon or ever.

All of you should just stop the whining. You can't control what's going on so accept it. Pay the price or don't. Maybe pickup shooting air rifles with pellets as an option. Much cheaper and no "run on the market" mentality for those shooters.

Just saying....

I talked to a local gun store the other day. He had traveled to an auction where some reloading stuff was. He had purchased primers for about $190 per 1000 just to have on his shelf because he thought having some available at high prices is better than nothing. He then put them on his shelf for $200 a thousand. The first customer that came in asking about primers basically told him he's never coming back to his store because of his price gouging on primers.
Fucking retard

Fucking retard
Right. He had to prime opportunity to make out like a bandit in these trying times 😂. Oh well. Either pay the prices and shoot your guns, or be poor and complain how you can’t shoot said guns.

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
All I can say it is what it is. Pretty sure retailers are having to buy at higher prices to stock their inventory. My local gun range only gets 10000 rounds of 9mm last then all week for people to come and shoot at their ranges. They only charge 30 a box of 50 but it’s for shooting at the range. Otherwise they wouldn’t have any shooters. Businesses have to operate in a way that they can stay in business. Constantly blaming business for the price of ammo is dumb. Unless you are in the business you don’t know. In my business the price of medical gloves has quadrupled in cost and so have other essential items for my business.

Has anyone questioned if the manufacturers or distributors are the ones jacking up the price? I wonder if that could be the case. SG ammo which has always been fair on pricing is jacked up too.
Raw materials have/are going up exponential. Price increases across the board.

For a bunch of people who hate these threads you all post a lot on them...

Reactions: Big Bo
I watched the YouTube video of the owner of CCI (I think) stating he is making the ammo and getting out to the distributors. What happens to the ammo between the distributors and the businesses for retail sales? There seems to be a miss when the manufacturer shows the ammo being made in what looks to be high quantities and the shelves at Academy are empty. Are the distributors selling it to the government? I am just trying to find the disconnect.
......consumers are buying it......

Status
Not open for further replies.