• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns This turd may not be Marine proof

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    What am I missing?

Took the slide off my new to me M18 to lube it up.

Pull slide back

Rotate take down lever

Let slide ride forward to remove

Push recoil spring assembly forward to remove

Remove barrel

Oil

Reverse assembly.

Now I have this....

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Figured it out....

Directions show this...

image.jpg

But it needs to be this...

image.jpg

Hey Sig! Don't even include directions for fuck sake and don't make stupid shit like a recoil spring/guide Rod position dependent!

Interesting, the drawing doesn't even show the flats on the sides.

You solved it too quickly though was going to suggest it was mad because you didn't use the "good" oil you have.

Reactions: BLEE and pmclaine
    Worse yet is probably only 20% or so of 320 guide rods are made with the flats.

Figured it out....

Directions show this...

View attachment 7636030

But it needs to be this...

View attachment 7636031

Hey Sig! Don't even include directions for fuck sake and don't make stupid shit like a recoil spring/guide Rod position dependent!

So, you are saying you had to rotate the guide rod 180 degrees for it to go in and close? Not change the position, but rotate the rod so those indentations are vertical and not horizontal???

So, you are saying you had to rotate the guide rod 180 degrees for it to go in and close? Not change the position, but rotate the rod so those indentations are vertical and not horizontal???

Just turned the whole assembly 180 degrees.

I first installed it as the directions show with the pin holes horizontal but in order for it to work they must be vertical with the flats on the outboards.

It kind of appears logical the flats would mate to the lip of the barrel but that is not the way on this one.

Worse yet is probably only 20% or so of 320 guide rods are made with the flats.

Oh God. this fuckstain again.

So they have "corrected" this issue? Now the rods are as shown in the directions round all the way around and without a required orientation?

Is that 870 barrel painted, cerakoted or TINed?

Parkerized.

Its going to get cut and become part of my clone Mk I

Reactions: Texasflyer
    Parkerized.

Its going to get cut and become part of my clone Mk I

It looks cool as shit. At first i thought it was just reflecting off the pistol lol.

Oh God. this fuckstain again.

So they have "corrected" this issue? Now the rods are as shown in the directions round all the way around and without a required orientation?
    Nope, you can buy three spare springs from the Sig store and get a mix as far as I can tell.

Nope, you can buy three spare springs from the Sig store and get a mix as far as I can tell.

Oh God. This fuckstain again.

Well Im guessing the one I have is a "legacy" spring and at some point (hoepfully) all that will be sold is a non directional replacement.

Seeing as my gun is a "Commemorative" supposed to replicate the trials pistol I guess the old spring assembly makes sense.

Wish they had of given me the full size trigger that will inertia fire when dropped to make it totally legit.

How is this Chode character still around. For fucks sake already.

Oh God. This fuckstain again.

Well Im guessing the one I have is a "legacy" spring and at some point (hoepfully) all that will be sold is a non directional replacement.

Seeing as my gun is a "Commemorative" supposed to replicate the trials pistol I guess the old spring assembly makes sense.

Wish they had of given me the full size trigger that will inertia fire when dropped to make it totally legit.
    What I could never figure out was whether there was any reason to face them in a certain direction with the ones without flats. I suppose probably not, but I have reverted to shooting 1911s so I don't really care at this point. The Sigs are super good shooters, though.

Reactions: pmclaine
    Don't feel so bad.....I do it nearly every dang time I reassemble mine...

Wait!!

Mine is backwards from yours. My flats have to go up/down. Now I'm really confused! Lol. I just triple checked. Mine works with the flats up/down but not to the sides.

I was going to shoot it tonight for first time....picked up an OT. Have to give it a try tomorrow.

Feels really good in hand...have to see how it shoots.

It's happy to see you?

And I it...

Fired 102 rds today 115 grn Winchester white box.

Very happy with it. First mag didnt lock back when empty and that was the only error.

I need to hold the front sight a little high but shot nicely centered.....I tend to shoot 7 oclock usually when overthinking paper.

Its got a good feel in hand.

The thumb safety is mil spec useless but I dont mind it being there. I did pretty well when training with 1911s flipping on off. If I have a problem with the thumb safety its if you are going to put one on might as well make it a little bigger so its a bit more functional.

Some of the controls - the slide stop - seem a little sharp but my brawny hard hands will prevail......all that beating off finally paying off.

Think I got 124 grain ball at home and W231......be needing a load soon.

Reactions: Mauser06 and lash
    I didn't want to like the 320. But rumor is we may be issued 320s with red dots whenever we can make the switch. I've never shot a 320. Or a red dot.

Figured I'd get one to train with prior to.

I LOVE the scorpion. And the RMR I put ontop. I REALLY REALLY tried not to like it. I wanted to find reasons to bash it. Within a short time, I was faster and more accurate than I am with my traditional sigs I've been shooting for 20 years. Has its pros and cons. But I'm in love.

I haven't messed with normal 320s. But man...the Scorpion just speaks to me.

The sig causes baldness, dudes to hit on you, and will give you AIDS. The Beretta makes your dick bigger and makes women throw poon at you.

With that said, the sig shoots pretty well for being a plastic, fantastic, rough feeling piece of shit.

• Haha
    The sig causes baldness, dudes to hit on you, and will give you AIDS. The Beretta makes your dick bigger and makes women throw poon at you.

With that said, the sig shoots pretty well for being a plastic, fantastic, rough feeling piece of shit.

I see a market for fantastic carved wood lower frames that the chassis can be dropped in to.

That big piece of cucca colored plastic is nothing but a hand grip after all.

What is the Army trying to compensate for with the extra barrel length on the M-17?

Edit/Add - Regards the Beretta....always found it to be HUGE for a pistol.....could be used as a bludgeoning device when empty. Cant recall ever having shot one but guessing it handles very tame.

I think the M9A3 would have been a great pistol to transition to seeing as there are plenty of spares in inventory and probably has a grip I could actually get my little Trump like hands around.

Im thinking some sort of fuckery went on in the pistol trials and Berettas vocal support of the second amendment played a role in their being "de-considered".

Last edited:
    I didn't want to like the 320. But rumor is we may be issued 320s with red dots whenever we can make the switch. I've never shot a 320. Or a red dot.

I LOVE the scorpion. And the RMR I put ontop. I REALLY REALLY tried not to like it. I wanted to find reasons to bash it. Within a short time, I was faster and more accurate than I am with my traditional sigs I've been shooting for 20 years. Has its pros and cons. But I'm in love.

Checked out the Scorpion...that looks fantastic. Compact size and you get grip options.

1622546788194.png

Appears it does away with one of the few complaints I have heard about the M18....

Only review on the M18 I saw was a Garandthumb thing and he griped about the big rear sight.

I noticed this yesterday shooting at a 7 inch target at 12 yards. The rear sight blocked my view of the entire target.

The width of the rear sight on the M18 is necessitated by the screws for the RMR plate coming from the bottom into the ears of the rear sight. Covers the whole top of the slide....

1622546919570.png

I see the Scorpion screws the plate in from the top and the rear sight is minimal in size.......much better.

Used the M18 in class yesterday.

It was a self aid class so rd count was limited to spending lots of time applying tourniquets.

Think I fired 169, Sig 9mm in total, with 100 rds previous on the gun.

Ran great. Only one issue a round failed to fire. Primer had a pin mark but no bang.

Ill blame it on the ammo and by chance Sigs lead ballistician was in the class. I showed it to him, sometime shit happens. No other issues with any other rounds. Sigs ballistician shoots a Sig 1911 in 10mm by the way.

We did discuss the surprisingly light "sound" of the striker release. First impression is "No way that will break a primer" but it seems to get it done.

Cant wait for my Scorpion AXG to arrive.

My thinking was duty guns should be full length but these dual role 320s get it done.

Might need to consider a red dot for the AXG.

I have 4 320s and an assortment of slides in 9 and 40. Some have the round end in the guide rod and some the end with the flats. I’d have to go check but I think the difference was caliber specific on mine.

I just checked. I was wrong. I have one compact/carry 9mm RX slide that has the flats on the guide rod. All my other slides compact/carry and full have the round ends on the guide rod regardless of caliber.

Last edited:
    image.jpg

Trigger feels like a "CrunchenStucker" on the reset.

On the pull there is nothing....you wonder if the striker flew.

Feels great in hand though and use will make the mechanicals smooth.

Reactions: theLBC and KML7201

What have you found to holster your AXG in?

Finding the holster for my M-18 is a bit tight for the AXG.

I want Safariland ALS.....looking like the 7TS is my product?

What have you found to holster your AXG in?

Finding the holster for my M-18 is a bit tight for the AXG.

I want Safariland ALS.....looking like the 7TS is my product?

I'm a leather guy...

I bought a Galco Combat Master for it. Then when I decided I was going to keep the RMR, I bought a Mitch Rosen holster through Sig...specifically made for the 320 with an optic.

I like both holsters. I've been carrying the AXG with RMR on it for a few months now..