• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Thor: The Dark World

jabels

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2011
Arlington, TX
Went and saw this with a bunch of co-workers today. There was quite a bit of humor in it, especially in the second half, but overall, I didn't think it was that good. The beginning seemed really slow, then the last 20 or so minutes seemed to quick and chaotic to me.

I'm a comic book fan, have been since I was a kid, but since the Avengers, I haven't liked any of the new round of individual movies. I'm pretty glad I didn't have to pay to see this one.

Kat Dennings' character made me want to slap someone pretty much every time she talked.

All that said, I thought they did a pretty good job with Loki in this one. He was more dark than in the others, I thought.

Just figured I'd pass this along. I'd say that it is a rent it or wait for Netflix movie myself. Just my opinion, and I know they're like assholes.

Justin

Watched it last night...... It was good, seemed kind of short IMHO. It has a little teaser with Beneco Del Torro (he is gaurdians of the galaxy) so I predict that was a little preview.
As usual Loki was awesome!

Tom Hiddleston totally adopted that character and made it his own. He showed up to Comicon in character and played it the entire time. Funny cat.

Wife and I went last night. I thought it was actually pretty well done. I liked it better than the first Thor movie. When the first teaser came on and they revealed the "person and the thing" there was a row of absolute nerds sitting behind us all wearing Marvel shirts who sounded like they busted a nut at the same time.

Saw it last night and it was OK. I didn't really care for the first one much at all, this one was a little better IMO. A decent amount of humor, an unexpected cameo, and enough to be entertained. But in the end, a very forgettable movie.

Since there are so many superhero movies out, the action, fights, etc are starting to just be the same. In fact, the Cpt America preview let me know that I won't be going to see that at the theater.

Wasn't bad, was better than the first but that's not saying much. "Guardians of the Galaxy" looks much more interesting but a bit quirky, the sort of movie that might be great or terrible but nothing in between.....

I really liked it, and I think the trailer for Captain America movie looked pretty sweet!

If you really like the first Thor, or you really like the comic book genre, then it will be "good enough" to go to the theater. I didn't feel that I got ripped off by paying $8.50 to see it.
Cool, my local theater gas a special $5 Tuesday, all day every Tuesday, I'll go next week
Thanx for the heads up

I saw it today with my wife, we both liked it. Thought it was better than the first.

As much as I like the "Marvel" series this one is way to slow, thin on the storyline and just ugh. Wait until it comes out on FX network.

Yeah, I just saw this movie a few days ago. Didn't like it. Not as good as the first one.

Tom Hiddleston's playing of Loki I think is a shining spot in all of the movies he has shown up in. When he morphed into Capt America I was rolling!

The GF and I saw it last night and it was alright. It's like they go slow in some parts I don't care about then gloss over or crush together stuff in parts I was interested in. Solid storyline, I'm not entirely sure how well versed in the comic canon the film makers are. I mean, in a brute force fight Thor can't just be thrown around, so the fight with the kursed was not great, more of a set up to Loki's "demise". The final fight was solid and pretty clever though. I could use way more Jaime Alexander (Sif) and less any other chick in that flick.

Was entertaining but could wait for video.

JVS
Sent from some spot on Earth hosting my current adventure