• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Those with long backs who CC

JustG

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2013
Tall dude whose height is all torso. It's hard enough to find long enough shirt let along carry iwb with constantly checking for brandishing (which happens a lot.)

What do all my fellow long backers do? Belly band? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399585237.744778.jpg

What a relief to know I'm not the only one. I'm 6'3" 190 and fitting close are very difficult to find so naturally a good concealed carry setup is the same. I've tied n8 tactical, foxx, and even cheap $12 uncle mikes felt iwb's. Not satisfied with any of them. What worked best and I wear today is something I made myself. I found a used blackhawk no. 8 belt holster with a retaining strap for 4 bucks at a gun store . I cut off the strap removed button and installed a heavy duty clip from a kydex foxx iwb. Works great. I can still cant the holster and being nylon is thick enough to retain gun but soft against my side. I have found that the key is to have a holster that puts the grip of the gun just barely above my belt. Now ccw choice is big too. I now carry a 9 mm shield and I forget it's there sometimes. The shield is super thin and short grip makes it very concealable. Short grip is everything for concealing. A gun could have a 5 inch barrel but with a grip that only accommodates middle and ring fingers it's still easy to hide. I carried a kahr cw45 for a while which is super thin but it's full grip caught my shirt all the Time in any carry position. I sometimes carry glock 26 which is easy to hide but kinda bulky on my slim frame.i don't like belly bands due to kinda awkward to draw in an emergency situation . Hope there's something useful in all that rambling

RCS OWB, RCS VG2, or CompTac Minotaur (sp?) Work well for me with a G19. Even with a t shirt on the IWB options.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Raven concealment Phantom and a size larger t-shirt or a vanguard 2 if I am wearing tighter fitting clothing in the summer.

I carry a G19 in a tuckable Galco holster, summer or winter. You don't say how tall you are yourself, but I'm 6'3"/210. All my long sleeve shirts are tall sized, won't touch one that is not. For short sleeve shirts, while it takes some searching around, I find those that are longer as well in the hem. I go both tucked and untucked, sometimes stepping up to an XL shirt but typically size L depending on the cut.

Bottom line is it sounds like you're buying the wrong clothes and not dressing to the CC needs. Bass Pro/Cabelas and Sierra Trading Post are great sources for tall sized shirts. Most "Big and Tall" shops don't even stock size L shirts from my experience, so I don't bother much with them.

As far as I see it, find the iwb you like and just wear a big ass shirt haha. Im 6'6 270 lbs, so im forced to go for more form fitting but not as long or baggy and long, I opt for baggy and long, more comfortable anyways.

oversized t shirts, carry crossdraw iwb. helps to have a uni-ab(beergut.) carry a 92fs everywhere. shorts, swimming, whatever. tight or too short of shirt is a no no.